+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bale not in Spurs squad....

Re: Bale not in Spurs squad....

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    These things are usually down to a number of factors that feed off each other, not one reason.
    What we seem to have is a very talented player, who is very much out of sorts, apparently lacking confidence and with fitness issues.
    All of this is going to have a psychological effect on Bale and the reported wage only exacerbates that. This might make it look like he doesn’t care or has an attitude problem, but given that he’s a man of few (public) words, I’d doubt that. I also think that Josh Murphy is - to some extent - going through a similar experience. I just don’t buy it that they don’t care - footballers have professional pride as well, although in truth, none of us actually know.
    I’m of a mind that a move to somewhere where the expectations are lower would benefit Bale, but time is not on his side.
    If only that place could be Cardiff City.
    A move to somewhere where expectations are lower would be easy if the player wanted it.

All he has to do is terminate his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    A move to somewhere where expectations are lower would be easy if the player wanted it.

All he has to do is terminate his contract.
    Terminate 2 million a month.....he’s fallen out of love with football clearly, probably can’t be arsed to put his body through too much more grief as he has plenty of years of life left in him yet. Can’t see any other PL club coming in for him after his showing for Spurs this season.

The best thing that could have happened was his move to China - guaranteed to play when fit and lower standard of football to showcase if he's still a class act. Instead, partly his contract situation, pride, and agent mean that he's unlikely to get a move to a club that would be a good fit for his needs.

In my opinion he's not the player he was but that doesn't mean he's cr@p. You wouldn't play Tyler Roberts or Madondo ahead of him for Wales. I think he's capable of adapting his game just as Giggs did later on in his career so that he becomes less reliant on pace and physicality... but does he want to and will he get the opportunity?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Negative tactics ? Did you see the Spurs game with Everton last night ?
    I did yes, games go like that once in a blue moon.
    However watching the games prior to last night (i tend to tune into their games in the hope Bale plays some part) and they've been bloody awful. Lacklustre and clueless.
    Its frustrating whats going on with him, not just from a welsh point of view but a football in general viewpoint - the team as a whole look to have really lost it though considering they were top not so long ago.

I think what we're seeing now is a quite rapid decline of a once truly great player, most likely due to the effects that multiple injuries have had on his body.

It is more noticeable because of the heights he reached in his prime. Where once there was a buzz whenever he got the ball, nobody now expects him to do anything out if the ordinary, like his famous overhead kick in the Champions League final for instance. Those days are most definitely behind him.

Of course he's still good enough to play for Wales but at club level I think he will fade into anonymity. After this season, I can't see any of the top clubs clamouring for his signature. If he wants to extend his career he could still live off his reputation but to any potential suitors it's now obvious that they would not be getting the Gareth Bale that thrilled the football world. This one is a pale imitation of a once magical footballer.

Watched him very closely in that Brighton game. Spurs were awful all over the pitch and got done every time down their left (opposite side to bale) and out fought in midfield. Bale worked on scraps and tried to make things happen then got dragged off after an hour as if it was his fault. He's barely played so you can't expect miracles.

Mourinho likes players with high intensity off the ball. Bale comes to life with the ball at his feet. It just doesn't fit.

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    Watched him very closely in that Brighton game. Spurs were awful all over the pitch and got done every time down their left (opposite side to bale) and out fought in midfield. Bale worked on scraps and tried to make things happen then got dragged off after an hour as if it was his fault. He's barely played so you can't expect miracles.

Mourinho likes players with high intensity off the ball. Bale comes to life with the ball at his feet. It just doesn't fit.

He’s taken over from Dele Alli as Mourinho’s scapegoat. Mourinho is on thin ice at the moment and when you look at it he was never a Tottenham fit. The guy is out of his depth.

I am sure he will stick around until World Cup 2022 qualifiers are completed and then maybe make a decision based on whether we have qualified or not ?

It's not Mourinho, it wasn't Zidane. Bale just plays like he doesn't give a shit. Hes been like that for two years. The effort he puts in is embarrassing.

I have a lot of respect for Bale but it's difficult to conclude that his incredible salary in Madrid didn't mean more to him than his career in football.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There doesn't seem to be anger when he's withdrawn and he seems happy enough just to stay on the bench..
    I think this is another thing that is often levelled at him unfairly.

When he plays for Wales he is exactly the same......giggling and fooling around. Only difference is that people don't pick up on it when he is actually playing. In fact the laughing and fooling around is seen as good camaraderie.

I just don't think he is the type of guy to mope around when he is not playing. It doesn't mean he isn't unhappy not to be playing.

You are right to a certain degree regarding games played though.....I watch match of the day and that's about it. In terms of Premier League matches I can't remember seeing much of him and I think it's fair to say he has featured in dribs and drabs and hasn't featured much at all over the last few months. When he has had an appearance, he has had very few minutes on the whole. I mean, I don't think it's a case of having "plenty to pick from"...far from it....especially in the PL.

I'd like to see him playing 60-80 in the same team as Keane and Son with the same regularity that those guys get. Maybe he doesn't deserve it, but I feel like we'd see more positives if Mourinho put more faith in him in the games that matter. It's not as if Spurs are blowing teams away when Bale isn't playing.

It's clear that Gareth isn't at the top of his game, but I'm not convinced it's the famine everyone makes it out to be. He needs to be with the right manager, playing the big games as a striker or advanced midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post

This.

1st Zidane , Real Madrid fans , now Mourinho.

All wrong are they?

1st Zidane , Real Madrid fans , now Mourinho.

All wrong are they?
    Hurts to say but it’s getting like the bloke who’s banned from ten pubs......it can’t be all the landlords’ faults.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Hurts to say but it’s getting like the bloke who’s banned from ten pubs......it can’t be all the landlords’ faults.
    What's a "PUB" ????????

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    He’s taken over from Dele Alli as Mourinho’s scapegoat. Mourinho is on thin ice at the moment and when you look at it he was never a Tottenham fit. The guy is out of his depth.
    Mourinho out of his depth at Tottenham?

He might not be a good fit for their attacking squad but out of his depth? The guys has won 20 major honours whereas Spurs havent won anything for a decade.

he would do a great job sat in the middle of the park, not having to do loads of running and passing the ball around the pitch ( lets be honest, he can pass the ball well ) and occasionally making runs into the box, you would have to accept he isnt going to track back and be running around like a mad man

of course this wouldnt work in todays modern fast paced game over here, he will have to go to the far east or the USA to have this luxury, and thats what he will become, a luxury player

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    he would do a great job sat in the middle of the park, not having to do loads of running and passing the ball around the pitch ( lets be honest, he can pass the ball well ) and occasionally making runs into the box, you would have to accept he isnt going to track back and be running around like a mad man

of course this wouldnt work in todays modern fast paced game over here, he will have to go to the far east or the USA to have this luxury, and thats what he will become, a luxury player
    The current Gareth Bale is not going to be doing a great job for anyone at the top level in any position.

So far it seems he needs a 10 game run , with Kane and Son , a manager who hasnt got it in for him like Mourinho and Zidane , needs to be in central midfield where he doesnt have to move much and the stadium needs to be full preferably where they all love him because hes the sort of player who needs a crowd.

The reality is Bale isnt near the player he was.

Whether thats injuries his attitude or both who knows?

Against Brighton he was lucky not to be subbed in the 1st half let alone 60 minutes.

Yep, not a great player/manager relationship it appears... https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rinho-19827463

I don't think it helps if manager 'misreads' his instagram post and provides in house details to the press. That's a sign of a manager feeling the pressure.

They say Bale's been struggling for years but hard to forget the quality of the finish against Croatia not so long ago or his performance against Hungary. He's not the player he once was, true, but you're not going to find out what sort of player he is unless you give him proper support in a run of games, and we have more reason to back him than most.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    I've no idea on the details, but like you my mate is a Spurs fan and he's now convinced more then ever that Levy did it.

Not sure where he goes from here, probably best off in America or the Middle East. I can't see him finishing his contract with Madrid next season.
    He will end his career at City on £20K per week.
    6 months later Ramsey will be here

The current Gareth Bale is not going to be doing a great job for anyone at the top level in any position.

So far it seems he needs a 10 game run , with Kane and Son , a manager who hasnt got it in for him like Mourinho and Zidane , needs to be in central midfield where he doesnt have to move much and the stadium needs to be full preferably where they all love him because hes the sort of player who needs a crowd.

The reality is Bale isnt near the player he was.

Whether thats injuries his attitude or both who knows?

Against Brighton he was lucky not to be subbed in the 1st half let alone 60 minutes.
    Might be worth bearing in mind that it isn't just some clueless numpties on a message board saying this, it's sports journalists too......people whose credentials, I'd politely argue, are somewhat more legitimate than someone called Hilts on a football message board.

I realise you have probably invested a great deal of time and thought before coming to the conclusion that " he isnt near the player he was" and is essentially finished, but maybe you should spend a little more time reflecting before condemning the guy outright.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-sour-mourinho

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Might be worth bearing in mind that it isn't just some clueless numpties on a message board saying this, it's sports journalists too......people whose credentials, I'd politely argue, are somewhat more legitimate than someone called Hilts on a football message board.

I realise you have probably invested a great deal of time and thought before coming to the conclusion that " he isnt near the player he was" and is essentially finished, but maybe you should spend a little more time reflecting before condemning the guy outright.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-sour-mourinho
    For Wales sake lets hope im totally wrong and your right.

Your link doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Mourinho out of his depth at Tottenham?

He might not be a good fit for their attacking squad but out of his depth? The guys has won 20 major honours whereas Spurs havent won anything for a decade.
    He's past his sell by date, doesn't matter one iota how many trophies you've won, at some point you are on a downward path. Mourinho in the past has about 2 good seasons at a Club and then tarra.