+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Reading v Brentford

Reading v Brentford

2 late goals for Brentford
    Reading 1 Brentford 3

unlucky Pearcy ....... sounded like a good game !!

Re: Reading v Brentford

It was a good game and we were excellent for the first 70 minutes. However we didn’t have the quality off the bench. Swift and Meite were out injured before the match which was not expected. They bought on Canos who changed the game. In the end they were on top and got the late goals. A tough scoreline to take but Brentford were terrific in the latter stages. I think they will be champions.

All about the play offs for us. We don’t have a strong enough squad for top two.

Brentford look good , sold 2 of their best strikers in summer and lost top players previous summer and their manager ( Dean Smith) but seem to have got stronger , new stadium too!!

Not sure who will end up top 2 , teams seem set to push on and then start dropping off, Norwich have been caught up, Bournemouth have struggled but unfortunatelyI think we have too much to do to get to Play Offs but its only 8 points now so who knows??

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Brentford look good , sold 2 of their best strikers in summer and lost top players previous summer and their manager ( Dean Smith) but seem to have got stronger , new stadium too!!

Not sure who will end up top 2 , teams seem set to push on and then start dropping off, Norwich have been caught up, Bournemouth have struggled but unfortunatelyI think we have too much to do to get to Play Offs but its only 8 points now so who knows??
    You never know. Crazy after six successive losses to even think about the play offs but you have winnable games coming up. Win them and you’re in the mix.
    I can’t see beyond Brentford for the title. They have a bit of everything. Plenty of pace, good passing side and can mix it. They have been very lucky with injuries. If they lose key players then it might turn for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    You never know. Crazy after six successive losses to even think about the play offs but you have winnable games coming up. Win them and you’re in the mix.
    I can’t see beyond Brentford for the title. They have a bit of everything. Plenty of pace, good passing side and can mix it. They have been very lucky with injuries. If they lose key players then it might turn for them.
    We won automatic promotion a few seasons ago despite losing 4 on the trot. It's a bizarre league.

Hope you are right Pearce and unlucky tonight.
    Fair play to Brentford, should have gone up last year but fluffed their lines at the end and I hope they do it this year.

Have Norwich peaked too early?
    Will Bournemouth run out of steam following a gruelling FA cup run?
    Will Swansea go on.a long losing run after their FA cup loss?
    Will Watford put a strong run together?

A three or four more wins the earlier the better for City and I will be quite happy to watch it all unfold with us sat mid table.
    Far too much strain on the ticker!

I think Brentford were superior to West Brom last season but bottled it at the end. They certainly deserve a place in the PL and would not disgrace themselves playing in a higher league.

My son, who's a massive City fan but now lives in the area became a Brentford season ticket holder last season, mainly so he could get my grandson into football. The alternative was taking him to watch QPR but he hates the club and their fans with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Hope you are right Pearce and unlucky tonight.
    Fair play to Brentford, should have gone up last year but fluffed their lines at the end and I hope they do it this year.

Have Norwich peaked too early?
    Will Bournemouth run out of steam following a gruelling FA cup run?
    Will Swansea go on.a long losing run after their FA cup loss?
    Will Watford put a strong run together?

A three or four more wins the earlier the better for City and I will be quite happy to watch it all unfold with us sat mid table.
    Far too much strain on the ticker!
    Do you mean that we won’t sneak 6th place on the last day swansea style? The jacks miss out on automatic promotion on GD, we beat them in the playoff final 5 nil....

We lost six out of seven league games but four of those defeats were against Norwich, Swansea and Brentford. The results themselves weren't as concerning as the awful performances against Wycombe and QPR, although the latter are just outside the playoffs (seventh) over their past eight games and fourth over past six games so we met that at a really bad time. When Moore needs a rest we'll be in unchartered waters though and that will probably end any slim play-off hopes.

As you said, injuries and keeping key players fit will be key this season. Jacks, Brentford and Norwich have all stood out for really long stretches this season but Swansea have used a really, really small squad which could come back to bite them. Brentford, as a London team, will have an advantage in trying to stay up if they're promoted.

Bournemouth are surely going to get better as we enter the run in - they're only still in the play-offs because Boro, Stoke and Bristol have been equally poor over the last ten games.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Do you mean that we won’t sneak 6th place on the last day swansea style? The jacks miss out on automatic promotion on GD, we beat them in the playoff final 5 nil....
    Although the picture you paint is one of the purest dreams one can imagine, I could not stand the whole saga and the prize would not be the equal and opposite of the disappointment.

Besides, what chance would you give our team against theirs on that huge Wembley pitch?

I find playing it down easier to cope with cum the probable disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Although the picture you paint is one of the purest dreams one can imagine, I could not stand the whole saga and the prize would not be the equal and opposite of the disappointment.

Besides, what chance would you give our team against theirs on that huge Wembley pitch?

I find playing it down easier to cope with cum the probable disappointment
    We will be flying by then, they will be gutted in missing auto. Also, think the game will be played at the mill stad, with swansea still in tier 4 no fans can travel, we can though and fill the stadium.....it’s bouncing the whole game

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    We lost six out of seven league games but four of those defeats were against Norwich, Swansea and Brentford. The results themselves weren't as concerning as the awful performances against Wycombe and QPR, although the latter are just outside the playoffs (seventh) over their past eight games and fourth over past six games so we met that at a really bad time. When Moore needs a rest we'll be in unchartered waters though and that will probably end any slim play-off hopes.

As you said, injuries and keeping key players fit will be key this season. Jacks, Brentford and Norwich have all stood out for really long stretches this season but Swansea have used a really, really small squad which could come back to bite them. Brentford, as a London team, will have an advantage in trying to stay up if they're promoted.

Bournemouth are surely going to get better as we enter the run in - they're only still in the play-offs because Boro, Stoke and Bristol have been equally poor over the last ten games.
    Brentford and Swansea have been very lucky with injuries. If their luck doesn’t hold with injuries their form will suffer.

Brentford and Swansea have been very lucky with injuries. If their luck doesn’t hold with injuries their form will suffer.
    If we go up this season we will be humiliated next season. The owners will take the millions, won't spend anything, and we'll be like Sheffield United or worst still Derby. I never really did enjoy the start of a season where the ambition was to end up seventeenth or higher in the league.

With different owners I might feel differently, but whoever owns us they'll only be here for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    If we go up this season we will be humiliated next season. The owners will take the millions, won't spend anything, and we'll be like Sheffield United or worst still Derby. I never really did enjoy the start of a season where the ambition was to end up seventeenth or higher in the league.

With different owners I might feel differently, but whoever owns us they'll only be here for the money.
    The only ones who suffer are the fans who put their money into the club.
    Hope it does not go tits up when you do get promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post

I’m surprised Ayew wasn’t sold. He must be on big wages. You seem to have a good set up in terms of young players coming through. So not all bad.