+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zaha story on Wales Online

Zaha story on Wales Online

Re: Zaha story on Wales Online

Sorry, I’m in the don’t rate him class.

Not worth the money then, not worth the money now.

OK, as a stay at home player.

Flatters to deceive

No, I don’t rate him

It barely mentions Cardiff City, but he was clearly already not in a good place when he arrived here, so it’s no surprise that he wasn’t that successful.
    Last edited by The Hooded Claw; 12-02-21 at 09:28. Reason: Typo

I thought Zaha played a lot better for us away from Cardiff City Stadium - more room for him to play perhaps, but looking at that, he clearly didn’t want to be here.

Wasn’t it him who was pulled down at Goodison for a definite pen that was refused? Might have been the game that Seamus Coleman later shinned their winner.

The same can be said of many players (re worth).
    One way their worth can be measured against is the club's achievement.
    He has more than paid his fee and wages to Crystal Palace by the many season they have played in the premiership.

He's a player who can score a goal or provide an assist from nothing.
    Those kinds of players are special talents and as long as they do so every so often, they will prosper.

He came to Cardiff not only in the wrong frame of mind but into a situation where he was seen as someone to build a side around. A lot was on his shoulders and he didn't have a lot of quality around him.

I think Zaha is a decent premiership player but is not consistent enough to play in a top team.
    Palace is his level and where his heart lies.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Wasn’t it him who was pulled down at Goodison for a definite pen that was refused? Might have been the game that Seamus Coleman later shinned their winner.
    Yes.

The Seamus Coleman miskick just seemed to top off a bad match. Great away trip but after Cala scored for us you almost knew there was going to be a sting in the tail.

We got denied a penalty the last time round when Coleman brought somebody down. I couldn't believe how it wasn't given at the time. Wasn't shown on too many highlights either for some reason. Certainly not MOTD.

he just looked like he didnt want to be here, and why would he ? ? ? we are not a big club / not a club in london

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Yes.

The Seamus Coleman miskick just seemed to top off a bad match. Great away trip but after Cala scored for us you almost knew there was going to be a sting in the tail.

We got denied a penalty the last time round when Coleman brought somebody down. I couldn't believe how it wasn't given at the time. Wasn't shown on too many highlights either for some reason. Certainly not MOTD.
    Think it was Cunningham going to the by-line right in front of us on that cramped side stand.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Think it was Cunningham going to the by-line right in front of us on that cramped side stand.
    That was a clear penalty. As for Zaha, I can remember the West Brom game changing when he came on at half time - thought he was very good that day and I also remember him doing well when introduced at Southampton.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I thought Zaha played a lot better for us away from Cardiff City Stadium - more room for him to play perhaps, but looking at that, he clearly didn’t want to be here.
    Like half that team.....the least team spirit I think has ever been seen. He hasn’t done it for a big club, not win anything.....average joe I guess with a bit of pace

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Flatters to deceive

No, I don’t rate him
    Unless you’ve not watched him other than when he played for us I’m not sure how you can say that’s. He’s been incredible since going back to palace, even while getting booted all round the pitch every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Unless you’ve not watched him other than when he played for us I’m not sure how you can say that’s. He’s been incredible since going back to palace, even while getting booted all round the pitch every game.
    Opinions, in it, I wouldn't sign him, apparently you would.

One goal every 5 games, not for me.

One goal every 5 games as a winger player for palace is good.

Have you watched him since he left us? There’s a reason Arsenal and spurs have wanted him.

One goal every 5 games as a winger player for palace is good.

Have you watched him since he left us? There’s a reason Arsenal and spurs HAVE WANTED him.

Nothing to do with his agent trying to UP his wages at Palace, I suppose.

How come neither has made a bid.

How come he was overlooked for Ingurlund.

He's not that consistent

Flatters to deceive

No, I don’t rate him
    When an over hyped player fails to deliver the fall is even worse.

People saying he’s overhyped and failed to deliver, have you actually watched him? He’s been unbelievable for palace since rejoining them

Nothing to do with his agent trying to UP his wages at Palace, I suppose.

How come neither has made a bid.

How come he was overlooked for Ingurlund.

He's not that consistent
    How was he overlooked for England? Southgate asked him not to play for Ivory Coast.

And Arsenal and spurs both did bid for him but palace asked for crazy money to put them off.

How was he overlooked for England? Southgate asked him not to play for Ivory Coast.

And Arsenal and spurs both did bid for him but palace asked for crazy money to put them off.
    If he'd been good enough to play for England consistently, he wouldn't have switched allegiances

If he was good enough to make a large impact at a top team, they'd have paid the money

I think Zaha is a good player and will rightly go down as a Palace legend, but he's not quite the top player he looked like he would become when he burst onto the scene. In hindsight I think moving to United when he did was a poor choice and has stopped him fulfilling his potential

So his agent would have you believe. Don't play for Ivory Coast, we MIGHT PICK YOU !!!!!! What utter bollox

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    If he'd been good enough to play for England consistently, he wouldn't have switched allegiances

If he was good enough to make a large impact at a top team, they'd have paid the money

I think Zaha is a good player and will rightly go down as a Palace legend, but he's not quite the top player he looked like he would become when he burst onto the scene. In hindsight I think moving to United when he did was a poor choice and has stopped him fulfilling his potential
    Thank you, Couldn't have put it better myself

We've relied on players feeling playing for Wales was more important that having a more than good chance of going to a tournament/doing well in a tournament. Is it fair to suggest what you have here in these circumstances? 9/10 it's an arse of a statement.

I agree that the move to Man United was a bad one for him, as well as the move here being a bad one too.

I’m not saying he’s Ronaldo ffs he’s just much better than the biased one eyed Cardiff fans on here seem to think.

But he’s been outstanding for Palace and would definitely have signed for one of the bigger London clubs if palace were so desperate to keep him.

England were picking Andros Townsend in front of him for some ridiculous reason, to say he wasn’t good enough for England is daft. Plus it’s not like Ivory Coast are shit either.

Zaha has turned into a fantasic player

His head wasn't right when he was here. He was shit.

People improve. Players mature

He was nowhere near the player he is now but I thought he did ok at times with us and looked a player with ability.