+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NML banned for cocaine use, according to BBC.

Re: NML banned for cocaine use, according to BBC.

Wasn’t he sacked by Peterborough for a breach of contract??

Personally I think the club were right for sacking him..don’t think he gave them much choice

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Admitted to doing it 10pm the night before we played Bristol City in July. Also banned earlier in the season for 3 months

And people are saying we shouldn’t have sacked him.
    I find it amusing that so many posters can be so dogmatic and pass judgement about some issues when they aren't aware of the facts behind the scenes.

The club were spot on.

You have to wonder if we had a big asset on a longer contract if they would have stood by him. Not to say that makes it right or wrong but I think them sacking him also has to consider his length of contract.

It's pretty pathetic he can't stay off it long enough to play a game.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Admitted to doing it 10pm the night before we played Bristol City in July. Also banned earlier in the season for 3 months

And people are saying we shouldn’t have sacked him.
    People are are very strange when it comes to football , they can be accepting of poor behaviours , compared to bad behaviours in other roles in life .

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

It's pretty pathetic he can't stay off it long enough to play a game.
    If this were a normal member of the public with drug abuse problems I think people would be more sympathetic. Just because he's a rich footballer doesn't change the fact that addiction doesn't discriminate.

Bloke's a ****

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    If this were a normal member of the public with drug abuse problems I think people would be more sympathetic. Just because he's a rich footballer doesn't change the fact that addiction doesn't discriminate.
    it is a massive problem whoever you are.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Bloke's a ****
    And a poor example to younger players who may have viewed his behaviour accepting if we had kept him on the books . He has broken the law .

Played 66 minutes in 1-0 win against Bristol City the day after and scored a 7/10 in the Wales online player ratings.

If he has any issues, then I am sympathetic. However, considering he had 2 chances, and another one by signing to Boro, is very lucky. If someone in other jobs, say for example those needing DBS, get caught then it's their career over.

As a footballer, he should know better. As I said, he had 2 chances and he should be keeping his body in top shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I find it amusing that so many posters can be so dogmatic and pass judgement about some issues when they aren't aware of the facts behind the scenes.
    Would you care about the ‘behind the scenes’ if he was a policeman who had been kicked out from the force, or a surgeon being struck off for turning up to work after a line?

Some jobs you have to be above that. I think football is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Would you care about the ‘behind the scenes’ if he was a policeman who had been kicked out from the force, or a surgeon being struck off for turning up to work after a line?

Exactly!

I'm a bit surprised by TBG's reply. He took cocain by choice after previously being caught. He takes full responsibility for his actions.

Good riddance to him!

This kind of comment could be the death of the message board .
    Thankfully the stupid people dont realise they are stupid.
    Of course there should be accountability.
    But you need all the facts.

How come ex City player Yorwerth had a 4 year footballing ban for running from a drugs test, but Mendez who got caught twice in 8/9 months gets short term bans?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I should have made clear that I was referring to those who were criticising the club before these facts came to light. Apols for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    We should have retained his services following his ban.
    Some on here are suggesting that the club should have had sympathy for him. WHY?

He let his team mates down, he let the club down and the fans.
    It was the second time he had been caught. I wonder how many other times he had taken it?
    He was unavailable for matches that he should have been playing in which was explained as an injury by the club who were covering up for him.
    Some are suggesting he is an addict and therefore needed help. Maybe, or maybe just an idiot who took it occasionally for his own pleasure.
    Others are saying that we got rid of him to reduce the wage bill. I hope we weren’t paying him on the previous occasion but I suspect we did throughout.

He had to go and the Club acted properly.

Can you imagine the outcry of fans if one ore more players were found to be pissed before a game (MIddlesboro)?

The days of players smoking at half time, drinking are long gone.

If before, or after, he was caught the first time he had admitted an addiction to the club I’m sure they would have offered him help to overcome the addiction. It seems likely he didn’t do that, and then got caught again. No sympathy. If I was Tan I’d be suing him and making an example!

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    If before, or after, he was caught the first time he had admitted an addiction to the club I’m sure they would have offered him help to overcome the addiction. It seems likely he didn’t do that, and then got caught again. No sympathy. If I was Tan I’d be suing him and making an example!
    Last thing this club needs is another high profile court case, Nantes, Hamman and Isaacs all coming up.
    Just cutting their losses was the best way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Exactly!

I'm a bit surprised by TBG's reply. He took cocain by choice after previously being caught. He takes full responsibility for his actions.

Good riddance to him!
    Please see my reply on the previous page. My comment was a general one and in this instance it was directed about posters who were making critical comments about the club before the facts became public yesterday.
    I apologise for any ambiguity.

Please see my reply on the previous page. My comment was a general one and in this instance it was directed about posters who were making critical comments about the club before the facts became public yesterday.
    I apologise for any ambiguity.
    I'm on my phone, if I knew how to do the 'thumbs-up' smiley, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I'm on my phone, if I knew how to do the 'thumbs-up' smiley, I would.
    No need to be shy

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Addiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    How come ex City player Yorwerth had a 4 year footballing ban for running from a drugs test, but Mendez who got caught twice in 8/9 months gets short term bans?
    The rules are different for "performance enhancing" and "recreational" drug use. "Recreational" is a 3 month band for a first offence and 6 to 12 months for a second offence. "Performance enhancing" is a 4 year ban for a first offence. Deliberately avoiding a test attracts the most severe penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    having read the article I can't see what he has done that is supposed to be wrong
    How about doing coke at 10pm the night before a game? Do you think he was at his best when he woke up the next day?

After having been reprimanded once by his employer for a serious breach of his contract, he chose to do it a second time.

Dismissal the correct option, many people in everyday life would be subject to the same outcome.