Re: A big hello to all you old ravers out there , time does indeed fly

Didn't have you down as a raver?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    https://youtu.be/RW4YfSxBeAw

Tempus Fugit

Mr Jones from Neath

Bluebirds
    Went to the first few in the coal exchange, those were the days.....

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Probably the annoying knobber in the ‘house’ banging on about the summer of love in 89 in Ibiza, even though he was doing poppers on his own on the Gnoll at the time. Dressed in tie-die T-shirt, bleached flares, a bandana and waving those glow sticks at everyone. There for music only and didn’t do MDMA as it blunted his creativity. Anyone who was under the influence near him got treated to friendly advice such as avoiding drinking orange juice or pop as it hinders the the ecstasy. At the end of the night could be seen heading off towards Tongwynlais searching for a non existent rave supposedly taking place at Castell Coch.

You did your best to stay well clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Probably the annoying knobber in the ‘house’ banging on about the summer of love in 89 in Ibiza, even though he was doing poppers on his own on the Gnoll at the time. Dressed in tie-die T-shirt, bleached flares, a bandana and waving those glow sticks at everyone. There for music only and didn’t do MDMA as it blunted his creativity. Anyone who was under the influence near him got treated to friendly advice such as avoiding drinking orange juice or pop as it hinders the the ecstasy. At the end of the night could be seen heading off towards Tongwynlais searching for a non existent rave supposedly taking place at Castell Coch.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    https://youtu.be/RW4YfSxBeAw

Tempus Fugit

Mr Jones from Neath

Bluebirds
    I'll raise you......

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

It was good for about a year then when all the cheezy quavers started to turn up with dummy tits and smiley tees it was over.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    If Astoria was full it was a great club, so big, you could get away with stuff that wasn’t so easy in small clubs.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    If Astoria was full it was a great club, so big, you could get away with stuff that wasn’t so easy in small clubs.....
    Big nights at Astoria were great, though saying that, my best night in Astoria was in 93 the day we got back back from Scunthorpe after winning the league, loads of football lads in the place, the normal " weekender " punters were a little at a loss, when the lights dipped and the slow songs at the end of the night came on, the DJ ( i always called him Spike, might not have been his name, he never corrected me but was a decent bloke ) played Tina Turner " simple the best " and Queens " we are the champions " all the football lads were all arms around each other singing these 2 songs even bloke who had pulled who were not really football fans joined in, the " weekenders " were all stood around looking lost a classic moment to the end of a great day

reminded me of the song, i have the 12" of it still in my mums ( i hope ) used to love including it in any small set i did back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Big nights at Astoria were great, though saying that, my best night in Astoria was in 93 the day we got back back from Scunthorpe after winning the league, loads of football lads in the place, the normal " weekender " punters were a little at a loss, when the lights dipped and the slow songs at the end of the night came on, the DJ ( i always called him Spike, might not have been his name, he never corrected me but was a decent bloke ) played Tina Turner " simple the best " and Queens " we are the champions " all the football lads were all arms around each other singing these 2 songs even bloke who had pulled who were not really football fans joined in, the " weekenders " were all stood around looking lost a classic moment to the end of a great day

reminded me of the song, i have the 12" of it still in my mums ( i hope ) used to love including it in any small set i did back in the day

Weekendahh !

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    I am not a raver ! I am straight

Partridge