+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What have you learned this week?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What have you learned this week?

My contributions would be:

1. The Spanish word for 'suck' is 'chupar'. Hence Chupa Chups!

2. Every Covid-19 particle in the world at present would fit in a wine glass.

3. The subject of alternating ovary ovulation is more complicated that I first thought.

4. No 1 singles in the UK pops charts of 50 years ago (i.e. for the year of 1971) started with 'Grandad' in January and ended with 'Earnie' by Benny Hillin December - and Chirpy Chirpy Cheep was in the mix in the middle of the year.

5. The list of No 1's in the album chart throughout the year had a bit more gravitas about it: George Harrison, The Stones, Floyd, ELP, The Who, Zep, Deep Purple and Rod Steward all having basked in success.

Re: What have you learned this week?

i learned that life is too short...

my mum passed away on monday (non covid) dont know why im putting that but everyone seems to assume these days its relared...

hug your loved ones that you are allowed to... and blow kisses to those you cant x

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post

my mum passed away on monday (non covid) dont know why im putting that but everyone seems to assume these days its relared...

hug your loved ones that you are allowed to... and blow kisses to those you cant x
    Condolences to you mate.
    My mum passed aq couple of years ago, though in truth it was a release, she was in torment for three years with increasing dementia.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Condolences to you mate.
    My mum passed aq couple of years ago, though in truth it was a release, she was in torment for three years with increasing dementia.
    im sorry to you too bro, my mum was just diagnosed early clinical dementia, and pnueumonia... tests carried before passing was pointing toward dementia but not official diagnosis... post mortem confirmed for certificate

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post

Sorry to hear about your loss. We all need not to take people and life for granted.

[QUOTE=bobh;5167787]Condolences to you mate.
    My mum passed aq couple of years ago, though in truth it was a release, she was in torment for three years with increasing dementia.[/Q

I learned that you can't square a circle and that the child is father to the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I learned that you can't square a circle and that the child is father to the man.
    Circular letters are usually rectangular though

Dinosaurs are thin at one end, much much thicker in the middle and thin again at the far end.

That the song “SUSPICION”, is sung by a fella called, Terry Stafford and not Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    That the song “SUSPICION”, is sung by a fella called, Terry Stafford and not Elvis
    And Elvis recorded it as well

Something else you’ve learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    And Elvis recorded it as well

Something else you’ve learned.
    Elivis recorded it first but Terry Stafford released it first
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspic...Stafford_song)

appreciate that

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    My contributions would be:

1. The Spanish word for 'suck' is 'chupar'. Hence Chupa Chups!

2. Every Covid-19 particle in the world at present would fit in a wine glass.

3. The subject of alternating ovary ovulation is more complicated that I first thought.

4. No 1 singles in the UK pops charts of 50 years ago (i.e. for the year of 1971) started with 'Grandad' in January and ended with 'Earnie' by Benny Hillin December - and Chirpy Chirpy Cheep was in the mix in the middle of the year.

5. The list of No 1's in the album chart throughout the year had a bit more gravitas about it: George Harrison, The Stones, Floyd, ELP, The Who, Zep, Deep Purple and Rod Steward all having basked in success.
    There is no point in renewing my passport anytime soon

There are fewer posts per page now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    There are fewer posts per page now.
    I'm glad you mentioned that. I thought it was something that I had inadvertently done.

I learnt that those little accents added to letters are known as diacritical marks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I learnt that those little accents added to letters are known as diacritical marks.
    And streaks down the pan are diarrheatical marks.

I've learnt what it feels like to hand your notice in and when people ask what are you going to do next, be able to say "nothing", I've paid my mortgage off and always wanted to retire before I am 60. I'll finish on May 7th, the day before my 60th birthday.

Joe Jacobson is 34 and still scoring

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I always thought the term to give ‘elbow room’ comes from the days of sail . When the sails were being furled especially in bad weather and all hands were aloft which made the yards somewhat crowded.

I learned this week that the idiom elbow room has been in use since the mid-1500s and is found in William Shakespeare’s play The Life and Death of King John: “Ay, marry, now my soul hath elbow-room…”

...Well you did ask

3 - 0 is a dangerous scoreline.

Every now and then SkyBet have a very generous bonus boost on Saturdays football.
    Today they offered 15/2 for Norwich, Watford and Cardiff all to win - happy days.

One week on and what I have learned this particular week is:

1. It takes a lot longer for food to pass through a woman's body compared to a man's. (The Body, Bill Bryson)

2. The parachute used for the Mars landing was made in Tiverton (BBC 1 news)

3. Consenting incest is not illegal in France* (Radio 4).

*As well as Belgium,The Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Argentina, Brazil, China, Russia, India, Burma, The Philippines, Ukraine, Thailand, Belarus, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia.

By the way, don't you hate it when you kiss granny goodnight and she slips you the tongue?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    One week on and what I have learned this particular week is:

1. It takes a lot longer for food to pass through a woman's body compared to a man's. (The Body, Bill Bryson)

2. The parachute used for the Mars landing was made in Tiverton (BBC 1 news)

3. Consenting incest is not illegal in France* (Radio 4).

*As well as Belgium,The Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Argentina, Brazil, China, Russia, India, Burma, The Philippines, Ukraine, Thailand, Belarus, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia.

By the way, don't you hate it when you kiss granny goodnight and she slips you the tongue?