+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big opportunity for Murphy today.

Re: Big opportunity for Murphy today.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I don't understand that.
    They sent him back because he was injured and changed manager.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Yup, my best mate is a Wednesday fan and said he really impressed when he played.

International

Ah, now I understand it.

International

Its pretty clear from MM's comment and his selection that he believes Flint can add something. He knows him from previous days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Murphy scored 8 goals last season despite limited playing time and 4 in the Premier League in his first season but Warnock and Harris never played him regularly! He scored and had an assist today but Mick substituted him for Bacuna and Coventry pulled a goal back when he was running tired defenders ragged?
    What is your point Ianto? Genuine question as it’s not clear

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    What is your point Ianto? Genuine question as it’s not clear
    I agree with him. There were quite a few City players who were tired in the last twenty minutes and yet it was Murphy, who was playing well and one of the men who could have done with a full ninety minutes given his lack of game time who was taken off. Under the two Neils, it seemed almost compulsory that Murphy had to be subbed in games he started no matter how he was playing,and now Mick McCarthy has done the same thing - maybe he has some sort of chronic injury which needs constant monitoring, but if he does, there’s been little sign of it while he’s on the pitch.

I didn't read anymore into his substitution other than that he was excellent yesterday, did his job and MM knowing the game was won, needed to protect him for Tuesday, with doubts still over Ojo and Holliet,
    Had he stayed on and had an injury then the question would be asked why wasn't he taken off.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I didn't read anymore into his substitution other than that he was excellent yesterday, did his job and MM knowing the game was won, needed to protect him for Tuesday, with doubts still over Ojo and Holliet,
    Had he stayed on and had an injury then the question would be asked why wasn't he taken off.
    And the same question would apply to four or five who he kept on.

Other than most have been used to playing a full 90 minutes when on, Murphy hasn't.
    I would have taken Moore off as well, but maybe Mick thought he'd grab a hat trick?
    It was a very young bench and with an uncertainty about Ojo and Hoilett being fit for Tuesday, it was just insurance, maybe he felt too many subs would be disruptive as we saw out the game?

Not for me, Murphy deserves his place and personally rather we built up a player we own, either to sell on or use.

Helping Ojo only helps him and Liverpool in the long run
    If he continues to perform then maybe but Ojo is a better player and it’s results that we need to be concerned about, not the value of Murphy on whom we make a huge loss.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree with him. There were quite a few City players who were tired in the last twenty minutes and yet it was Murphy, who was playing well and one of the men who could have done with a full ninety minutes given his lack of game time who was taken off. Under the two Neils, it seemed almost compulsory that Murphy had to be subbed in games he started no matter how he was playing,and now Mick McCarthy has done the same thing - maybe he has some sort of chronic injury which needs constant monitoring, but if he does, there’s been little sign of it while he’s on the pitch.
    That maybe have been because he was adding little to defence or attack for the time he was on the field, looked disinterested and lazy. MM appears to have changed that.

Murphy now has 4 assists in 5.5 X 90 minutes.
    that is the highest in the league for anyone who has played more than 5 games.
    he has 0.73 Assists per 90
    the next highest have around 0.41

Harry Wilson is 5th highest with 0.35.

you'd expect Murphy's rate to come down a bit with more minutes, but it's a great start.
    a couple of those assists recently have been really good as well

Good stats.
    He must continue to contribute as describe below.
    Hoilett is good at the defensive stuff but had lost the sparkle upfront.
    Ojo can do all three

Every time Josh has come onto the pitch, he’s had an impact. We know he’s got real quality, like the pass he found on Tuesday night at Rotherham. I ask him to track back and be disciplined in the middle third, and then he can show his magic and those dancing feet in the final third.

He got clattered by the keeper a few minutes before didn’t he? He was down for a while. Perhaps they just thought it wasn’t worth making the injury worse and make sure he can play on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He got clattered by the keeper a few minutes before didn’t he? He was down for a while. Perhaps they just thought it wasn’t worth making the injury worse and make sure he can play on Tuesday.
    Possibly, but Moore needed treatment on at least one occasion and if there’s one player we should be taking off as a precaution, it’s surely him? I’d also say that Moore was so knackered in the last ten minutes that one of Watters, Harris or Davies may have been more effective than him.

I personally think Mick's playing hardball with Murphy - I've seen him quite a lot in training/U23s, doesn't pass, makes stupid speculative shots. Looks like he doesn't want to be there.

My assumption has, and always will be his attitude has held him back. I would assume that Mick's saying you don't try in training you don't get a full 90 regardless how good you are.

Possibly, but Moore needed treatment on at least one occasion and if there’s one player we should be taking off as a precaution, it’s surely him? I’d also say that Moore was so knackered in the last ten minutes that one of Watters, Harris or Davies may have been more effective than him.
    That's where Pato should have been filling in. Final 20.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    That's where Pato should have been filling in. Final 20.
    or glatzel

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    or glatzel
    Paterson fits our style of play more than Glatzel.

another big opportunity for Murphy today....

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    another big opportunity for Murphy today....
    Gets to put a price tag on his bag

Not so good tonight but still better than he was under NH.
    Overplays the ball when he shouldn’t be and as the commentators said he needs to less theatrical when getting hit or falling over.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Not so good tonight but still better than he was under NH.
    Overplays the ball when he shouldn’t be and as the commentators said he needs to less theatrical when getting hit or falling over.
    I think that he did alright. The difference between this group of player under MM as opposed to NH, is that they're working much harder for each other, there's an honesty about our play. What i liked about Murphy tonight is that he grafted, even when the ball wasn't bouncing for him. It makes such a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that he did alright. The difference between this group of player under MM as opposed to NH, is that they're working much harder for each other, there's an honesty about our play. What i liked about Murphy tonight is that he grafted, even when the ball wasn't bouncing for him. It makes such a difference.
    Kept going too. Chose the wrong options a few times but kept trying which is great to see. Him and Ojo will be pushing each other in training now, hope MM can keep the competition going.

I'm not sure if its confidence belief or just good man management , but Mick has certainly got Murphy playing well, can he do better? Of course he can and hopefully he will, like a lot of fans I want him to have a good run in the side and show the undoubted qualities he definitely has on a consistent basis, well done to Mick for getting the best out of him