+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are there any easy matches amongst the next 14?

Are there any easy matches amongst the next 14?

Any predictions?

Luton A
    Preston H
    Bournemouth A
    Middlesboro A
    Derby H
    Huddersfield A
    Watford H
    Stoke H
    Swansea A
    Forest H
    Sheff Wed A
    Blackburn H
    Reading A
    Brentford A
    Then we finish with Wycombe at home, Brum away and Rotherham home which are currently three of the bottom four teams.

International

Re: Are there any easy matches amongst the next 14?

I can see us dropping at least 5 points from that lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Any predictions?

Luton A Win
    Preston H Win
    Bournemouth A Lose
    Middlesboro A Lose
    Derby H Win
    Huddersfield A Draw
    Watford H Draw
    Stoke H Win
    Swansea A Draw
    Forest H Win
    Sheff Wed A Win
    Blackburn H Win
    Reading A Draw
    Brentford A Lose
    Then we finish with Wycombe at home, Brum away and Rotherham home which are currently three of the bottom four teams.
    25 points.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I can see us dropping at least 5 points from that lot.
    😂😂😂

I’d imagine we’re being looked at more warily than we were four or five weeks ago.

Huddersfield (a midtable side in terrible form) and Wednesday (their good run of form probably won't last) are games I feel confident about.

Bournemouth, Boro and Stoke have also been terrible lately so a lot will depend on whether they've turned it around by time we play them. They've been able to keep around play-offs because of how good they were earlier in the season.

Derby, Watford, Swansea, Forest, Reading and Brentford will be tough games.

That leaves Luton, Preston and Blackburn. A lot will depend on squad management and who is/isn't in good form by the time we play them. I'd be extremely happy with four points from next two games and no (new) injuries, but think two points and no injuries is realistic.

International

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Huddersfield (a midtable side in terrible form) and Wednesday (their good run of form probably won't last) are games I feel confident about.

Bournemouth, Boro and Stoke have also been terrible lately so a lot will depend on whether they've turned it around by time we play them. They've been able to keep around play-offs because of how good they were earlier in the season.

Derby, Watford, Swansea, Forest, Reading and Brentford will be tough games.

That leaves Luton, Preston and Blackburn. A lot will depend on squad management and who is/isn't in good form by the time we play them. I'd be extremely happy with four points from next two games and no (new) injuries, but think two points and no injuries is realistic.
    Surge I'm so pleased you're not a pessimist.

On the basis of 75 pts needed, that's, say 11 wins and a couple of draws.Possible, but likely. Just glad at moment that relegation is pretty well off the table.

Lot of six pointers there, and they're the ones which could get what we want

So 3 wins on the bounce and that's who we are now?

Every game in this division is hard. I don't see us getting any higher up the league than we are at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’d imagine we’re being looked at more warily than we were four or five weeks ago.
    I’m thinking of setting up a Cardiff curse thread over on Hobnob Anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Haha crack on mate. Since the Swansea thread they haven't seemed to have lost a fecking game

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Unfortunately any dark arts powers that I had were surgically removed the other week, I’m now a mere mortal. Try it Pearcey but be prepared for the inevitable retribution that I suffered due to indiscriminate dabbling. Not wanting to go all Dennis Wheatley on you but be aware of Beelzebub’s nefarious ways. May God go with you in any decision you make, you have been warned.................we’ll be above you in five/six weeks according to my ouija board aaarrrghhhh!!!!!!!!

Duplicated post. Delete

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

Every game in this division is hard. I don't see us getting any higher up the league than we are at the moment.
    Closing the gap on the top six will be tough but everything is possible

that's the spirit

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Closing the gap on the top six will be tough but everything is possible
    Of course it is, getting into the top six is as feasible as losing a few and dropping like a stone. Still loads of points to gain and loads of points to drop, I think there are a few definite top six candidates but certainly not a cut and dried top six. Few twists and turns to come, for better or worse, for a good few clubs I reckon.

There's no point in trying to pick and choose which games we think we can win.
    These are the teams in this competition and so they're the ones we have to try and beat. It's very possible and despite the negativity of some here, we have the players to do it.
    It's generally true that if we play better than the other team in any particular match then we will win it, so that's the task and the outcome which is required on a match by match basis.
    We are fortunate to be playing a lot of the present top six and that places the initiative in our hands. If we beat Watford for example then we get three points but also deny them three points. We must get the points ourselves of course but at least one team must be displaced from those six positions , and that's the second and equally essential target.

Further to that, we must have targets, not hopes wishes or dreams.
    Off we go then and I'll see you in Berlin.

I think its far too early to be thinking about the playoffs considering where we were just a couple of games ago and how people were banging on about relegation. There's a long way to go and, Bristol City aside, not controlled a game from start to finish in a while

That being said, I'll see you all at Wembley for our promotion party

I don't see us getting any higher up the league than we are at the moment.
    You might be right - there's a big gap now, up to sixth, and a very small gap back down to tenth or eleventh. Even a slight blip could see us drop down the table, whereas only win after win will see us get any higher.

That said, teams always drop out of the running, and someone always steps up to fill the gap. Reading and Bournemouth have dropped points of late, but they need to make a real habit of it, if we're going to benefit. However, after all the positives, we still need maybe 75 points, so it's ten wins and five draws (or something similar) from seventeen games, which does look a little unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I think its far too early to be thinking about the playoffs considering where we were just a couple of games ago and how people were banging on about relegation. There's a long way to go and, Bristol City aside, not controlled a game from start to finish in a while

That being said, I'll see you all at Wembley for our promotion party

Nah. You don't want to listen to Negatve people .
    Doesn't matter what went wrong in the past. The job is to fix it. As I said , this won't be determined by the stars or wishful thinking but by results , and we must have an aim in mind or there's no point. We'll either do if or we won't , but it's quite possible .

This thread is much longer than it needs to be, just read the thread title and apply Betteridge's law, the answer is "No". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better...w_of_headlines