+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Josh Warrington

Josh Warrington

Bad knockout tonight.

Adam Smith and co talking utter sh!t again about this as some mega shock.

These Mexicans in these lower weight devisions are tough feckers.

Bad match up by Eddie.

Should have milked the big crowds as long as they could.

Hope hes ok. Ludicrous to consider any rematch as Eddie is talking about.

Re: Josh Warrington

Shocking refereeing and corner work. Should have been stopped in the 4th. If it was the other way around I have no doubt Howard Foster would have stopped it.

Scorecards in the previous fight were an absolute joke too.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Shocking refereeing and corner work. Should have been stopped in the 4th. If it was the other way around I have no doubt Howard Foster would have stopped it.

Scorecards in the previous fight were an absolute joke too.
    I don't see him coming back from that. Didn't look he had anything in his armoury to trouble Lara.

They mooted a shoulder injury during the fight?

He had some dog in him mind (Warrington). As you said though Foster should've stopped it in the fourth round. I felt it was dangerous to let it go on.

domestic fighter not world class

Quote Originally Posted by C1C9F2C7 View Post
    domestic fighter not world class
    Never been sure about his quality myself but he's beaten so called better fighters in Selby and Frampton.

You can only beat what's put out in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I don't see him coming back from that. Didn't look he had anything in his armoury to trouble Lara.

They mooted a shoulder injury during the fight?

He had some dog in him mind (Warrington). As you said though Foster should've stopped it in the fourth round. I felt it was dangerous to let it go on.
    If it was the 12th round and he just needed to get through those last 20 seconds I could maybe understand it but round 4. No way. I was shocked they sent him back out especially as it wasn’t even a world title fight.

Never been sure about his quality myself but he's beaten so called better fighters in Selby and Frampton.

bare in mind lara wasnt even classed as a good mexican. selby weight issues and frampton end of career anyway

Needs his crowd behind him but not even sure that would have saved him last night. The Mexican was heavy handed.

I was speaking to Selby about the fight with Warrington at llanrumney boxing club, he said that he knew that he'd probably lose that fight, he was drained at the weight. Selby said that for three days up to that fight he would chew food but wouldn't swallow it, even in the morning of weigh in he had to shift 3 pounds, Selby was ****ed. Warrington is just work rate, he outworks his opponent, doesn't hit hard and has hardly any amateur pedigree. Lara walked through his punches and backed him up. Warrington was a bad match up for Selby, he likes to fight at range, where as the space raider is a like a flea, on you from the first bell. Galahad exposed Warrington a little with his movement and foot work but decided to hold a bit to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I was speaking to Selby about the fight with Warrington at llanrumney boxing club, he said that he knew that he'd probably lose that fight, he was drained at the weight. Selby said that for three days up to that fight he would chew food but wouldn't swallow it, even in the morning of weigh in he had to shift 3 pounds, Selby was ****ed. Warrington is just work rate, he outworks his opponent, doesn't hit hard and has hardly any amateur pedigree. Lara walked through his punches and backed him up. Warrington was a bad match up for Selby, he likes to fight at range, where as the space raider is a like a flea, on you from the first bell. Galahad exposed Warrington a little with his movement and foot work but decided to hold a bit to much.
    What you've said there just illustrates the pressure that fighters come under just to get into the ring. Can you imagine sending anyone else to work who hadn't eaten for three days?

I agree with you about Warrington. His fights are usually all energy and work rate. He didnt have either last night and he's got no punch.

Unless he had an injury, I dont see him coming back from that.

Just read Eddie Hearn is already suggesting there could be a rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Needs his crowd behind him but not even sure that would have saved him last night. The Mexican was heavy handed.
    Some of those hooks being thrown by Lara I felt on the settee.

What you've said there just illustrates the pressure that fighters come under just to get into the ring. Can you imagine sending anyone else to work who hadn't eaten for three days?

I agree with you about Warrington. His fights are usually all energy and work rate. He didnt have either last night and he's got no punch.

Unless he had an injury, I dont see him coming back from that.

Just read Eddie Hearn is already suggesting there could be a rematch.
    No need for a rematch, Warrington didn't hurt Lara, and Lara was more than prepared to take his shots in order to get his off. Warrington is finished at world level in my opinion.

Only just realised Warringtons father is his trainer.