+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If Mick Mccarthy doesn't get an extended contract..

If Mick Mccarthy doesn't get an extended contract..

.. I think there could be one waiting for him across the Severn.

Re: If Mick Mccarthy doesn't get an extended contract..

It'll be interesting to see how long the club will continue before they offer him a permanent deal. What if we win the next two games? Three? When will it become inevitable? And is it a good idea? We all love him now, but will we still love him tomorrow (as the song goes)?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how long the club will continue before they offer him a permanent deal. What if we win the next two games? Three? When will it become inevitable? And is it a good idea? We all love him now, but will we still love him tomorrow (as the song goes)?
    No rush. He's an honourable man who will be here for the duration of his contract, knowing that his future with us depends on the success of the team.

It's not as if he's an up and coming young manager likely to be head-hunted by a bigger club. The board must realise this and avoid making any rash decisions that they come to regret later.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    No rush. He's an honourable man who will be here for the duration of his contract, knowing that his future with us depends on the success of the team.

It's not as if he's an up and coming young manager likely to be head-hunted by a bigger club. The board must realise this and avoid making any rash decisions that they come to regret later.
    I think that's spot on .

Players seem to be playing with a smile on their face which is a re-freshing change and long may it continue.

Unlike Steve Cooper who is being linked with Crystal Palace according to this morning's papers. However, there is definitely no need to extend MM's contract at this early stage. If we get to the play offs, which was the target set for Harris, the club will almost certainly give MM the job permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Unlike Steve Cooper who is being linked with Crystal Palace according to this morning's papers. However, there is definitely no need to extend MM's contract at this early stage. If we get to the play offs, which was the target set for Harris, the club will almost certainly give MM the job permanently.
    Considering we were in freefall before he was appointed, MM should be given a knighthood if he gets us into the play-offs this season !

Considering we were in freefall before he was appointed, MM should be given a knighthood if he gets us into the play-offs this season !
    The new Warnock.

I haven’t watched us since his appointment (I might jinx it when I do) so I don’t know if we’ve suddenly turned into a different team or not. As a person, McCarthy is an easy guy to like, but no matter how well we do under him he’ll never get my vote to stay on past this season.

Harris got us into the playoffs last season from 15th position and people were saying he was shit so MM has to get us at least into playoffs if he wants a new contract! He’s had some easy games so far, let’s see how he does against the top 6!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The new Warnock.
    Or the new Harris

He's doing a lot of things right but don't think we've faced anyone who could be used to tell us how well he's really doing, except maybe Millwall who were entering their own hot-streak.

Additionally, what he does this year doesn't matter as much as what his plans going forward are.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    He's doing a lot of things right but don't think we've faced anyone who could be used to tell us how well he's really doing, except maybe Millwall who were entering their own hot-streak.

Additionally, what he does this year doesn't matter as much as what his plans going forward are.
    Yesterday’s bench looked refreshingly young, whether any of them break through is another matter but still!

No idea if he's benefitting from the new manager bounce or if he's genuinely turned things around, I'll give him credit for getting Murphy back in the side though cause he's hands down our best winger when he's up for it.

Regardless I don't think he should get a new deal unless he somehow takes us into the play-offs, I don't believe he's the answer long term

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Or the new Harris
    Or the new Mick,with youth on the bench ?

MM already seems more interested in youth than Harris, although the way Harris spoke you wouldnt think so.