+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brentford to stop taking a knee

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Brentford to stop taking a knee

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Any sporting event should not be used as a political tool just because of it's world wide audience.
    Sport has and always will be popular with supporters because of its escapism of the political world and what's going on in supporters personal lives.
    If politics creeps into sport which it has began too, sport is finished.[/B]
    Bollocks

I'd also love to hear why you think sports shouldn't be used as a political platform, did you object to Rashford using his platform and status as a football player to pressure the government over FSM?

Re: Brentford to stop taking a knee

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Bollocks

I'd also love to hear why you think sports shouldn't be used as a political platform, did you object to Rashford using his platform and status as a football player to pressure the government over FSM?
    I don't give a sh*t what footballers think - it's a free world [?], but I go to a game to watch football not have political lessons from 22 dimwits before every game. I doubt 'taking the knee' has moved people in any direction on the subject, though perhaps a few stone statues did actually move. I seriously doubt it would have lasted more than a couple of games with crowds in attendance. They look like a load of daft twats when the do it and I reckon would be told so pretty quickly..