+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brentford to stop taking a knee

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Brentford to stop taking a knee

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Is there any chance of you editing that comment so that it makes any sense whatsoever?
    Sorry bit clumsy ,grammar not my best skill set as you so kindly point out ,

Let's try again: let's hope this new era see' s fans and footballers behaviours change as historyteldifferent story , if they are now taking a strong moral position on this subject so they should on all manner of behaviours in my view .

Re: Brentford to stop taking a knee

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Sorry bit clumsy ,grammar not my best skill set as you so kindly point out ,

Let's try again: let's hope this new era see' s fans and footballers behaviours change as historyteldifferent story , if they are now taking a strong moral position on this subject so they should on all manner of behaviours in my view .
    While I agree that it would be good for footballers to get involved in other social issues, and Marcus Rashford has done that with children's meals etc., the racism question is a big one in football and needs to be highlighted. Football crowds tend to be 90% + white with a long history of racist behaviour and this still goes on today, whereas black players are highly represented in the sport. By taking the knee and speaking out, it can raise awareness to supporters that racism still exists. The fact that some English fans booed their own players for taking the knee suggests to me that this is the reason players should take the knee (if they want to). You don't hear the monkey chants in grounds or loudly expressed 'N-----' or 'black bastard' but, instead, these types of insults are still used in social media messages to players.