+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Songs Of Praise

Re: Songs Of Praise

I dunno, but it seems as though some of the most “tolerant” posters on this message board are only “tolerant” to those that agree with their views.

They also seem to hunt in packs like a bunch of school cyber bully’s and their toadies.

It genuinely makes me sad that a civil debate is hard to have, particularly when you are put on the back foot from the start.
    Nuance doesn’t matter anymore l guess, you are just simply pigeon holed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I dunno, but it seems as though some of the most “tolerant” posters on this message board are only “tolerant” to those that agree with their views.

They also seem to hunt in packs like a bunch of school cyber bully’s and their toadies.

It genuinely makes me sad that a civil debate is hard to have, particularly when you are put on the back foot from the start.
    If the only answer to the question please provide evidence of God is .....read the bible .....its not really a debate is it ?

For example if a road is built around Washington and it reduces , after scientific analysis , traffic congestion by 37 percent , we have a fact .

If you have a heart problem and see a cardiologist and he or she diagnoses a blocked artery an operation can be performed, scientifically, to remove that blockage

Another fact

Now God is said by his followers to perform miracles and speak to people

What miracles performed by God, since he's been around , which is for ever apparently are based in fact ?

We all support Cardiff City , that's not an opinion or a point of view , we support Cardiff City , which is based in Cardiff , Wales

Thats a fact

We play at the Cardiff City stadium , thats a fact

You live in America , thats a fact

The President is Joe Biden

Thats a fact

So over to you , as its not be provided yet ......please put forward one fact that proves that there is a God, that he has and does perform miracles , that he is very powerful etc

Not the views of a priest , of a book ........a fact

I don't know if you are a Christian but you know and I know and the Christians and people of other faiths have just that ......faith , belief .......and thats fine but its not fact .

Most of faith is about fear . Fear of illness , disease and ultimately death . Most people go to church on a Sunday to chat , listen to the priest and pray that there is going to be an afterlife .

I am now definitely off to listen to Slayer , South Of Heaven

God Bless You 🙏

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If the only answer to the question please provide evidence of God is .....read the bible .....its not really a debate is it ?

For example if a road is built around Washington and it reduces , after scientific analysis , traffic congestion by 37 percent , we have a fact .

If you have a heart problem and see a cardiologist and he or she diagnoses a blocked artery an operation can be performed, scientifically, to remove that blockage

Another fact

What miracles performed by God, since he's been around , which is for ever apparently are based in fact ?

We all support Cardiff City , that's not an opinion or a point of view , we support Cardiff City , which is based in Cardiff , Wales

Thats a fact

Thats a fact

So over to you , as its not be provided yet ......please put forward one fact that proves that there is a God, that he has and does perform miracles , that he is very powerful etc

I don't know if you are a Christian but you know and I know and the Christians and people of other faiths have just that ......faith , belief .......and thats fine but its not fact .

Most of faith is about fear . Fear of illness , disease and ultimately death . Most people go to church on a Sunday to chat , listen to the priest and pray that there is going to be an afterlife .

God Bless You 🙏
    For F**k Sake
    The theological debate has been ongoing for eons.

By arguably smarter people with the ability to put things more succinctly than anyone on here.

Somebody mentioned earlier that it is mainly Right wingers that are Christians which is utter utter ****ing bollocks.

It’s these preconceived ideas that are so wrong.

I don’t think I’ve ever met a Christian as dogmatic as your modern day atheist.
    Let people believe in what they want without belittling them.

****ing bunch of hypocrites!!

For F**k Sake
    The theological debate has been ongoing for eons.

By arguably smarter people with the ability to put things more succinctly than anyone on here.

Somebody mentioned earlier that it is mainly Right wingers that are Christians which is utter utter ****ing bollocks.

It’s these preconceived ideas that are so wrong.

I don’t think I’ve ever met a Christian as dogmatic as your modern day atheist.
    Let people believe in what they want without belittling them.

****ing bunch of hypocrites!!
    I think its fair to say you are a Christian

The thing is God has a lot to answer for and it needs to be challenged , not just brushed off with tubbish that its mankind's fault

Religious wars
    Barbaric Laws
    Bloodshed worldwide after whats left of his myth ( courtesy of jello biafra , dead Kennedys)

A Theological debate is like fighting with wet newspaper , a complete waste of time , although various faiths seem to have employed people , on the back of dosh from the believers , to argue their corner for them

In the states the republican voting right wing bible belt is a huge sway , to deny that is just ridiculous

Christians and people of faith don't like being challenged

Oh look at all the good work we do !

Well so do loads of people who don't believe in the big man in the sky

Christians have had it their way for far too long and the emergence of hitchings , Dawkins and Harris is a joy to see

But you can't keep em down , they keep coming back with stories from their books

But they are stories

Facts are what drive science and progress , its 2021 , not stories , the myth of God has only been around a few thousand years , the earth has been carbon dated to billions , where was he then ?

Let's have some facts about the existence of God and I will be the first to join the congregation

Got to go and pray for ccfc now 🙏

Hitler
    Stalin
    Mao

All men of god eh?

You conveniently miss out the Black Church when looking at Christianity in America.

I have the utmost respect for Christopher Hitchens and will listen to the recordings and read the writings that he left behind.

Some of the horseshit posted by you and your Wolfpack here is just tedious, ignorant, offensive and very very hypocritical.

Another fact

Thats a fact

Thats a fact

God Bless You ��
    What about the miracle of us getting promoted in 2018 sludge? Devine intervention?

And do you think that the reason they are Christians is that they chose Christianity or because it was brought to them when the continent was taken over by missionaries , who spread the word of Christianity ?

Why do you think that on the whole the North and North East of Africa is Islamic ?

Its all cobblers to me however its clear that the tory party and its followers attend church in their droves which is odd given the tory parties slant on welfare , immigration etc

If there is a god and he's kind , caring and all loving I can't see him being a tory

Anyway I am off to listen to Black Sabbath , talk to Satan and practice the dark arts

If God loves us all I will be let in and won't have to go to church after all
    I give you a fact about the number of Christians in Africa and straightaway you dismiss it. Of course missionaries told them of Christianity, how else would they know about it?

A few facts...science is progressive. What you think is fact based now may change...ie the sun moves around the earth, later the earth circles the sun, later the earth doesn't exactly circle the sun it's more ecliptical.

Fact...I bloke I knew very well who ran an intensive care unit. He told me that within a day or so of seeing a patient he could determine whether they would, with care, recover or not. He based everything on facts, blood oxygen, electrolytes, microbiology, weight, age etc.....all facts. Sometimes he said that he came across patients where all the science said they should be dead. But they weren't and they recovered. He had no rational answer for this. I don't know if he was a Christian or not, we never discussed it.

This bloke was one of the most intelligent people I had ever met. He was a clinical physiologist. He lived on facts.

Ricky Gervais sums it up well for me.

"If you took every book and record of every religion and destroyed it, 1000 years from now, those religions would NEVER return as the same. Ever. There might be religions, but they would be different.

"If you took every book and text about science and destroyed it, 1000 years from now, they would ALL be back. Exactly the same with the exact same information."

Religion is a man made control tool, fear is a really good motivator.

This has been a good debate but no one (on either side) has come up with anything different than what has gone before.

Personally I think we'd move on as a human race if we eradicated religion from the face of the earth, that's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I give you a fact about the number of Christians in Africa and straightaway you dismiss it. Of course missionaries told them of Christianity, how else would they know about it?

A few facts...science is progressive. What you think is fact based now may change...ie the sun moves around the earth, later the earth circles the sun, later the earth doesn't exactly circle the sun it's more ecliptical.

Fact...I bloke I knew very well who ran an intensive care unit. He told me that within a day or so of seeing a patient he could determine whether they would, with care, recover or not. He based everything on facts, blood oxygen, electrolytes, microbiology, weight, age etc.....all facts. Sometimes he said that he came across patients where all the science said they should be dead. But they weren't and they recovered. He had no rational answer for this. I don't know if he was a Christian or not, we never discussed it.

This bloke was one of the most intelligent people I had ever met. He was a clinical physiologist. He lived on facts.
    Isn’t that the point with science, you observe and adjust based on what you see. Rather than just stick with what somebody else has previously written down? It moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Isn’t that the point with science, you observe and adjust based on what you see. Rather than just stick with what somebody else has previously written down? It moves on.
    Yeah exactly there has been a weird trend recently (I think since Covid) of referring to the science as if it’s some kind of deity. And lisvaneblue seems to be making exactly the same mistake.

We don’t know everything there is to know from a scientific point of view but we are learning more all the time.

Also the body being ridiculously resilient at times isn’t proof of a god.

I’m very tolerant of religious people, just having a bit of fun in this thread.

I also don’t think it is good to be “tolerant” of all views, why tolerate someone’s views if they’re backwards or harmful to others?

I also don’t get what pointing out that there have been bad atheists achieves. It’s a complete misnomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yeah exactly there has been a weird trend recently (I think since Covid) of referring to the science as if it’s some kind of deity. And lisvaneblue seems to be making exactly the same mistake.

We don’t know everything there is to know from a scientific point of view but we are learning more all the time.

Also the body being ridiculously resilient at times isn’t proof of a god.

I don't think science is a deity. Point I was making to Sludge is that science evolves. In his posts he keeps referring to science and scientists in the way you mention. He endlessly goes on about facts and that is exactly what I was giving in in my response.

Science means knowledge

Additional data and information increases our knowledge in due course. No-one owns science and the greatest minds around the world contribute to the knowledge of mankind and no-one can set in stone that pool of knowledge at a certain juncture.

Religion is the exact opposite. In a week when I have been inoculated against a global pandemic and have every reason to believe that the Mars landing took place I am asked to believe in a talking snake and that people living thousands of years ago and in primitive environments had all the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Science means knowledge

Additional data and information increases our knowledge in due course. No-one owns science and the greatest minds around the world contribute to the knowledge of mankind and no-one can set in stone that pool of knowledge at a certain juncture.

Religion is the exact opposite. In a week when I have been inoculated against a global pandemic and have every reason to believe that the Mars landing took place I am asked to believe in a talking snake and that people living thousands of years ago and in primitive environments had all the answers.
    Just to add to your pool of scientific knowledge. I hope you were vaccinated not inoculated.

Just to add to your pool of scientific knowledge. I hope you were vaccinated not inoculated.
    Same thing?

inoculate
    /ɪˈnɒkjʊleɪt/
    verb
    treat with a vaccine to produce immunity against a disease; vaccinate.
    "he inoculated his tenants against smallpox"

Science means knowledge

Thought we had exhausted the Rees-Mogg discussion.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Thought we had exhausted the Rees-Mogg discussion.

inoculate
    /ɪˈnɒkjʊleɪt/
    verb
    treat with a vaccine to produce immunity against a disease; vaccinate.
    "he inoculated his tenants against smallpox"
    There is an important scientific difference. I'll leave it to you to look it up the detail. Smallpox 'jab' being called an inoculation is largely correct.

There is an important scientific difference. I'll leave it to you to look it up the detail. Smallpox 'jab' being called an inoculation is largely correct.
    I'll look it up in due course and thanks for educating me.
    Feeling very rough with flu-like symptoms at the mo and still in bed.

Maybe you really were innoculated

Honestly sorry to hear that. I think you mentioned having your first jab recently so trust it’s a reaction.
    Hope you feel better very soon

Honestly sorry to hear that. I think you mentioned having your first jab recently so trust it’s a reaction.
    Hope you feel better very soon
    Cheers. It's a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things. I'm a little surprised as I usually have the constitution of an elephant (and have the ears to match)

Inoculation is the act of introducing a vaccine into a person's body. It can be used in other contexts, such as when a culture is inoculated with body fluids (such as from a nasal swab) to test for the presence of a bacterium or virus.

Vaccination is the process of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease. Vaccines are usually administered through needle injections but can also be administered by mouth or sprayed into a nostril.2
    Waiting for someone to explain the difference here

I don't think science is a deity. Point I was making to Sludge is that science evolves. In his posts he keeps referring to science and scientists in the way you mention. He endlessly goes on about facts and that is exactly what I was giving in in my response.
    It evolves but there is proof for every bit of it.