Another controversial conversation that has crossovers which inevitably get heated.

My spiritual beliefs are mine and mine only.
The spiritual beliefs you have or don’t have are largely down to where and when you were brought up or people and experiences we encounter.

I think that I swim against the modern tide in my belief that the downsizing of spirituality has caused problems.

I also think that many who are incredibly dogmatic in their atheism are too scared too call out or at least mock Islam to the same degree or comfort that they would with pretty much everything else.

When I moved here, I quickly come to the conclusion about the Christian Right that they were Darwinistic and hypocritical in their Political/Religious/Business views...supporting businesses like Walmart for example.

I think there is probably a converse hypocrisy to those that believe in Natural Selection as well regarding what should and shouldn’t thrive.

Anyway.
Here’s a great interview with a man that I greatly admired.
I disagreed with him on numerous things but wish he was alive today to speak his great mind.

Christopher Hitchens.

BTW...if you mention his Brother in any capacity here...you are doing him a disservice.

https://youtu.be/LIVEsa2g4ag