+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Songs Of Praise

Songs Of Praise

a couple on there , who had their wedding postponed due to covid but finally married , think it was gods work that eventually enabled them to marry , through their prayers

There is a god that is caring for us and looking after us

Surely if God was such a powerful and kind chap he would have stopped covid in the first place which never mind postponing this couples wedding 3 times , has killed 100000 people in the UK , including doctors and nurses and the vulnerable ?

There is no answer to this

Re: Songs Of Praise

I didn't understand what God was doing she said

I think the problem was he was doing f all !

It reminded us not to trust our own insight and that marriage is a gift from God

Bloody hell 😳

Be fair, he's got a lot of other stuff to keep an eye on.

There is a priest on there saying now that although times are tough with the virus , its gods power that is allowing us to live , even if it is a restricted life

I am sure they are all lovely people but they are all mad as lorries

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    a couple on there , who had their wedding postponed due to covid but finally married , think it was gods work that eventually enabled them to marry , through their prayers

Surely if God was such a powerful and kind chap he would have stopped covid in the first place which never mind postponing this couples wedding 3 times , has killed 100000 people in the UK , including doctors and nurses and the vulnerable ?

Look, if you got a problem with the Beeb's programme information try writing to 'Points of View'. I'm sure Barry Took can look into it?

I remember an old Italian lady on the news. She thanked God for saving her life after an earthquake hit.
    Many of her neighbours didn't make it.

It's the same God that made you watch the programme Sludge.
    If someone hadn't been praying for you would have turned over.

Cracking album.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Look, if you got a problem with the Beeb's programme information try writing to 'Points of View'. I'm sure Barry Took can look into it?
    I am generally happy with the BBC apart from six nations sin bin and songs of praise

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Cracking album.
    Thats some great riffing

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I remember an old Italian lady on the news. She thanked God for saving her life after an earthquake hit.
    Many of her neighbours didn't make it.
    it was because she had prayed that morning

A lesson for all of us

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    It's the same God that made you watch the programme Sludge.
    If someone hadn't been praying for you would have turned over.
    he works in mysterious ways

I find Songs Of Praise very uplifting, very happy Sunday British feel

Religious people have an answer for everything. I was brought up in a ridiculously religious environment and am now a staunch atheist.

The day we move away from religion will be a great day for mankind

He created us but that don't mean he will bail us out everytime we mess up.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Religious people have an answer for everything. I was brought up in a ridiculously religious environment and am now a staunch atheist.

The day we move away from religion will be a great day for mankind
    Amen to that

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    He created us but that don't mean he will bail us out everytime we mess up.
    just a few times would be helpful

Hitler

Stalin

Thatcher

Hes hardly lending us a helping hand is he ?

And who created God ?

I want a word with him as well

It's interesting how many atheists seem to speak about 'God' in the singular and as if the Abrahamic version is the only one worshipped.
    There are are hundreds, if not thousands, of deities out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's interesting how many atheists seem to speak about 'God' in the singular and as if the Abrahamic version is the only one worshipped.
    There are are hundreds, if not thousands, of deities out there.
    And I believe in none of them

just a few times would be helpful

Hitler

Stalin

Thatcher

Hes hardly lending us a helping hand is he ?

And who created God ?

I want a word with him as well
    God hasn't got the time to deal with the real issues, he's way too busy dealing with Karen from Cardiff who is praying that her cat gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I find Songs Of Praise very uplifting, very happy Sunday British feel
    For traditional uplifting and spiritual Sunday programme fodder I prefer ‘Countryfile’.

Ellie Harrison.

For traditional uplifting and spiritual Sunday programme fodder I prefer ‘Countryfile’.

Ellie Harrison.
    Quite right, I was wondering why any of the posters in this thread watch Songs of Praise. They should be reading this https://humanism.org.uk/wales/

Ellie Harrison.
    Heres to swimming with bow legged women

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Quite right, I was wondering why any of the posters in this thread watch Songs of Praise. They should be reading this https://humanism.org.uk/wales/
    I want to be burnt on a viking longship

Another controversial conversation that has crossovers which inevitably get heated.

My spiritual beliefs are mine and mine only.
    The spiritual beliefs you have or don’t have are largely down to where and when you were brought up or people and experiences we encounter.

I think that I swim against the modern tide in my belief that the downsizing of spirituality has caused problems.

I also think that many who are incredibly dogmatic in their atheism are too scared too call out or at least mock Islam to the same degree or comfort that they would with pretty much everything else.

When I moved here, I quickly come to the conclusion about the Christian Right that they were Darwinistic and hypocritical in their Political/Religious/Business views...supporting businesses like Walmart for example.

I think there is probably a converse hypocrisy to those that believe in Natural Selection as well regarding what should and shouldn’t thrive.

Anyway.
    Here’s a great interview with a man that I greatly admired.
    I disagreed with him on numerous things but wish he was alive today to speak his great mind.

Christopher Hitchens.

BTW...if you mention his Brother in any capacity here...you are doing him a disservice.

https://youtu.be/LIVEsa2g4ag