+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Songs Of Praise

Re: Songs Of Praise

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Waiting for someone to explain the difference here
    Just found this

"Although inoculation and vaccination are sometimes used interchangeably, one is ultimately an act and the other is the process that spurs immunity. By definition:

Inoculation is the act of introducing a vaccine into a person's body. It can be used in other contexts, such as when a culture is inoculated with body fluids (such as from a nasal swab) to test for the presence of a bacterium or virus.

Vaccination is the process of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease. Vaccines are usually administered through needle injections but can also be administered by mouth or sprayed into a nostril"

K
    It stems from smallpox back in the 1700s. Inoculation was achieved by injecting a small amount of smallpox to get the body to react and develop immunity. I think back then people were scratched with rather the needles we know today. Jenner discovered that using weaker or attenuated cowpox into someone the body developed immunity for smallpox. The Latin word for cow is vacca.....so says it all really

Today vaccines use attenuated, or modified viruses, just as Jenner discovered, to get an immune response from the body

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    K

It stems from smallpox back in the 1700s. Inoculation was achieved by injecting a small amount of smallpox to get the body to react and develop immunity. Jenner discovered that using weaker or attenuated cowpox into someone the body developed immunity for smallpox. The Latin word for cow is vacca.....so says it all really
    Gotcha....or have I?

[QUOTE=Croesy Blue;5170040]It evolves but there is proof for every bit of it.[/QUOTE

Progress in biological science is frequently made without proof. Having evidence to suggest X or Y is the way it works. So there is not proof for every bit of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Gotcha....or have I?
    Have another look at my post as I added a few sentences for clarification

Dr John Campbell explains the difference 30 seconds into this video when discussing human trials.

https://youtu.be/Qr6Tn5DU_Sw

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Dr John Campbell explains the difference 30 seconds into this video when discussing human trials.

Excellent, thanks. Something to put on the 'What I have learned this week' thread

Excellent, thanks. Something to put on the 'What I have learned this week' thread
    No worries 👍

I think that's what I was saying, but he's using the latest human challenge study as a very good example.

[QUOTE=lisvaneblue;5170065]
    It evolves but there is proof for every bit of it.[/QUOTE

Progress in biological science is frequently made without proof. Having evidence to suggest X or Y is the way it works. So there is not proof for every bit of it.
    It’s made using evidence backed hypotheses, you cannot seriously compare this to the belief in a god.

[QUOTE=Croesy Blue;5170111]
    Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    It’s made using evidence backed hypotheses, you cannot seriously compare this to the belief in a god.
    I wasn't I was just saying that your comments about proof at each stage is wrong

Boris just used the word 'inoculated'.....

And even Boris is correct once a day.

I hope everything else he said is more accurate