+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Songs Of Praise

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Songs Of Praise

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Nah bruv, from the news when he called Grenfell victims stupid, innit.
    ?

Was that before or after he lay prostrate on the front bench at Westminster?

Nah bruv, from the news when he called Grenfell victims stupid, innit.
    I'm more concerned about Princess Latifa at the moment, being held hostage by her father in the UAE. I would hope that this country acts, she can arrive in the UK as a refugee, and enjoy all of the benefits that are bestowed on those seeking asylum in this great country of ours. If her application is successful, then she may enjoy the benefits of a 1 bedroom flat in LLanedeyrn. #prayforlatifa

[QUOTE=lisvaneblue;5169760]
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    This is complete bollocks there's genuine evidence for how this works ffs.

We?

Again genuine evidence of this exists

You can be but based on the teachings of the bible it doesn't make any sense unless you have a complete cognitive disconnect. TBH if you are equating evidence for the existance for god with evidence for the mars rover/cell microbiology I can see how you can manage that disconnect.[/QUOT

If you read the bible you would see that what you say is not correct
    What evidence is there that Jesus was stuck on a cross , speared and the roman soaked rags with vinegar and stuck them in his mouth

I don't want to read the bible , you tell me , factual evidence

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm more concerned about Princess Latifa at the moment, being held hostage by her father in the UAE. I would hope that this country acts, she can arrive in the UK as a refugee, and enjoy all of the benefits that are bestowed on those seeking asylum in this great country of ours. If her application is successful, then she may enjoy the benefits of a 1 bedroom flat in LLanedeyrn. #prayforlatifa
    well a lot of the tories who are very strongly represented in church on a Sunday don't want these asylum seekers here

They don't like outsiders

But they go to church so thats OK

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    well a lot of the tories who are very strongly represented in church on a Sunday don't want these asylum seekers here

They wont want her arriving on an orange dinghy either, it'll upset her dad and he might stop buying guns from us or putting large quantities of cash through the cleaners in said city of London. We need his business, it's good for the Tories 'Economy'

650million people in Africa are Christians, hardly a Tory stronghold

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Was that before or after he lay prostrate on the front bench at Westminster?
    Yes.

Heisenberg

Last time we got into this the thread was deleted, so I'm keeping shtum

Bless you.

Oh yeah....I think that i got it wiped

This thread could turn out to be a ccmb classic.....I can almost see Mike or one of the mods with the finger hovering over the big red button

Heisenberg

I didn't ask whether there was 150% evidence of man going into space, I asked about the latest NASA Rover to Mars.

The only evidence you have that it is not a con is what you read in newspapers and what you watch on TV. These days, with modern technology, the whole thing could be a sham.

I refer you to a book, the most popular book ever printed, and you dismiss it although over the years the validity of the Bible has been poured over by scholars. Even in Islam they concede that Jesus was a great prophet.
    Jesus had such an impact on the world that the way we measure the days and years are based on the time of his birth.

And yet you, with blinkers on,turn a blind eye to the evidence
    These scholars, were they scientists ?

The Daily Mail is a very popular newspaper but its crap

I am not interested in books about some bloke who may or may not have lived 2000 years ago . Thats not fact .

I am not interested in the fact that this Jesus bloke was thought of by others who follow another religion to be a great prophet

A prophet predicts the future , which is an impossibility

Where is the evidence that God exists , that Jesus lived and that there is an afterlife ? Because its that final issue that is why most Christians go to church or pray 🙏

Don't bother replying unless you have evidence

650million people in Africa are Christians, hardly a Tory stronghold
    And do you think that the reason they are Christians is that they chose Christianity or because it was brought to them when the continent was taken over by missionaries , who spread the word of Christianity ?

Why do you think that on the whole the North and North East of Africa is Islamic ?

Its all cobblers to me however its clear that the tory party and its followers attend church in their droves which is odd given the tory parties slant on welfare , immigration etc

If there is a god and he's kind , caring and all loving I can't see him being a tory

Anyway I am off to listen to Black Sabbath , talk to Satan and practice the dark arts

If God loves us all I will be let in and won't have to go to church after all

And do you think that the reason they are Christians is that they chose Christianity or because it was brought to them when the continent was taken over by missionaries , who spread the word of Christianity ?

Why do you think that on the whole the North and North East of Africa is Islamic ?

Its all cobblers to me however its clear that the tory party and its followers attend church in their droves which is odd given the tory parties slant on welfare , immigration etc

If there is a god and he's kind , caring and all loving I can't see him being a tory

Anyway I am off to listen to Black Sabbath , talk to Satan and practice the dark arts

If God loves us all I will be let in and won't have to go to church after all
    I give you a fact about the number of Christians in Africa and straightaway you dismiss it. Of course missionaries told them of Christianity, how else would they know about it?

A few facts...science is progressive. What you think is fact based now may change...ie the sun moves around the earth, later the earth circles the sun, later the earth doesn't exactly circle the sun it's more ecliptical.

Fact...I bloke I knew very well who ran an intensive care unit. He told me that within a day or so of seeing a patient he could determine whether they would, with care, recover or not. He based everything on facts, blood oxygen, electrolytes, microbiology, weight, age etc.....all facts. Sometimes he said that he came across patients where all the science said they should be dead. But they weren't and they recovered. He had no rational answer for this. I don't know if he was a Christian or not, we never discussed it.

This bloke was one of the most intelligent people I had ever met. He was a clinical physiologist. He lived on facts.

Ricky Gervais sums it up well for me.

"If you took every book and record of every religion and destroyed it, 1000 years from now, those religions would NEVER return as the same. Ever. There might be religions, but they would be different.

"If you took every book and text about science and destroyed it, 1000 years from now, they would ALL be back. Exactly the same with the exact same information."

Religion is a man made control tool, fear is a really good motivator.

This has been a good debate but no one (on either side) has come up with anything different than what has gone before.

Personally I think we'd move on as a human race if we eradicated religion from the face of the earth, that's my opinion.

I give you a fact about the number of Christians in Africa and straightaway you dismiss it. Of course missionaries told them of Christianity, how else would they know about it?

A few facts...science is progressive. What you think is fact based now may change...ie the sun moves around the earth, later the earth circles the sun, later the earth doesn't exactly circle the sun it's more ecliptical.

Fact...I bloke I knew very well who ran an intensive care unit. He told me that within a day or so of seeing a patient he could determine whether they would, with care, recover or not. He based everything on facts, blood oxygen, electrolytes, microbiology, weight, age etc.....all facts. Sometimes he said that he came across patients where all the science said they should be dead. But they weren't and they recovered. He had no rational answer for this. I don't know if he was a Christian or not, we never discussed it.

This bloke was one of the most intelligent people I had ever met. He was a clinical physiologist. He lived on facts.
    Isn’t that the point with science, you observe and adjust based on what you see. Rather than just stick with what somebody else has previously written down? It moves on.

Fair play to Lisvane Blue for sticking to his guns.

I’m just waiting for him to shout that Christian call to Arms now of “No Surrender!” As practised by that super Christian what’s his chops Paisley.

These scholars, were they scientists ?

The Daily Mail is a very popular newspaper but its crap

I am not interested in books about some bloke who may or may not have lived 2000 years ago . Thats not fact .

I am not interested in the fact that this Jesus bloke was thought of by others who follow another religion to be a great prophet

A prophet predicts the future , which is an impossibility

Where is the evidence that God exists , that Jesus lived and that there is an afterlife ? Because its that final issue that is why most Christians go to church or pray 🙏

Don't bother replying unless you have evidence
    What evidence would you want to be provided with to prove that a person named Jesus lived?
    Whilst I've never seen evidence that God exists or that Jesus was his son and was sent to save our souls, I think that enough has been written by so many people, about Jesus to sway me to think that he did live.

I dunno, but it seems as though some of the most “tolerant” posters on this message board are only “tolerant” to those that agree with their views.

They also seem to hunt in packs like a bunch of school cyber bully’s and their toadies.

It genuinely makes me sad that a civil debate is hard to have, particularly when you are put on the back foot from the start.
    Nuance doesn’t matter anymore l guess, you are just simply pigeon holed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I dunno, but it seems as though some of the most “tolerant” posters on this message board are only “tolerant” to those that agree with their views.

They also seem to hunt in packs like a bunch of school cyber bully’s and their toadies.

It genuinely makes me sad that a civil debate is hard to have, particularly when you are put on the back foot from the start.
    Nuance doesn’t matter anymore l guess, you are just simply pigeon holed.
    If the only answer to the question please provide evidence of God is .....read the bible .....its not really a debate is it ?

For example if a road is built around Washington and it reduces , after scientific analysis , traffic congestion by 37 percent , we have a fact .

If you have a heart problem and see a cardiologist and he or she diagnoses a blocked artery an operation can be performed, scientifically, to remove that blockage

Another fact

Now God is said by his followers to perform miracles and speak to people

What miracles performed by God, since he's been around , which is for ever apparently are based in fact ?

We all support Cardiff City , that's not an opinion or a point of view , we support Cardiff City , which is based in Cardiff , Wales

Thats a fact

We play at the Cardiff City stadium , thats a fact

You live in America , thats a fact

The President is Joe Biden

Thats a fact

So over to you , as its not be provided yet ......please put forward one fact that proves that there is a God, that he has and does perform miracles , that he is very powerful etc

Not the views of a priest , of a book ........a fact

I don't know if you are a Christian but you know and I know and the Christians and people of other faiths have just that ......faith , belief .......and thats fine but its not fact .

Most of faith is about fear . Fear of illness , disease and ultimately death . Most people go to church on a Sunday to chat , listen to the priest and pray that there is going to be an afterlife .

I am now definitely off to listen to Slayer , South Of Heaven

God Bless You 🙏

If the only answer to the question please provide evidence of God is .....read the bible .....its not really a debate is it ?

For example if a road is built around Washington and it reduces , after scientific analysis , traffic congestion by 37 percent , we have a fact .

If you have a heart problem and see a cardiologist and he or she diagnoses a blocked artery an operation can be performed, scientifically, to remove that blockage

Another fact

What miracles performed by God, since he's been around , which is for ever apparently are based in fact ?

We all support Cardiff City , that's not an opinion or a point of view , we support Cardiff City , which is based in Cardiff , Wales

Thats a fact

Thats a fact

So over to you , as its not be provided yet ......please put forward one fact that proves that there is a God, that he has and does perform miracles , that he is very powerful etc

I don't know if you are a Christian but you know and I know and the Christians and people of other faiths have just that ......faith , belief .......and thats fine but its not fact .

Most of faith is about fear . Fear of illness , disease and ultimately death . Most people go to church on a Sunday to chat , listen to the priest and pray that there is going to be an afterlife .

God Bless You ��
    What about the miracle of us getting promoted in 2018 sludge? Devine intervention?

Another fact

Thats a fact

Thats a fact

God Bless You 🙏
    For F**k Sake
    The theological debate has been ongoing for eons.

By arguably smarter people with the ability to put things more succinctly than anyone on here.

Somebody mentioned earlier that it is mainly Right wingers that are Christians which is utter utter ****ing bollocks.

It’s these preconceived ideas that are so wrong.

I don’t think I’ve ever met a Christian as dogmatic as your modern day atheist.
    Let people believe in what they want without belittling them.

****ing bunch of hypocrites!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    For F**k Sake
    The theological debate has been ongoing for eons.

By arguably smarter people with the ability to put things more succinctly than anyone on here.

Somebody mentioned earlier that it is mainly Right wingers that are Christians which is utter utter ****ing bollocks.

It’s these preconceived ideas that are so wrong.

I don’t think I’ve ever met a Christian as dogmatic as your modern day atheist.
    Let people believe in what they want without belittling them.

****ing bunch of hypocrites!!
    I think its fair to say you are a Christian

The thing is God has a lot to answer for and it needs to be challenged , not just brushed off with tubbish that its mankind's fault

Religious wars
    Barbaric Laws
    Bloodshed worldwide after whats left of his myth ( courtesy of jello biafra , dead Kennedys)

A Theological debate is like fighting with wet newspaper , a complete waste of time , although various faiths seem to have employed people , on the back of dosh from the believers , to argue their corner for them

In the states the republican voting right wing bible belt is a huge sway , to deny that is just ridiculous

Christians and people of faith don't like being challenged

Oh look at all the good work we do !

Well so do loads of people who don't believe in the big man in the sky

Christians have had it their way for far too long and the emergence of hitchings , Dawkins and Harris is a joy to see

But you can't keep em down , they keep coming back with stories from their books

But they are stories

Facts are what drive science and progress , its 2021 , not stories , the myth of God has only been around a few thousand years , the earth has been carbon dated to billions , where was he then ?

Let's have some facts about the existence of God and I will be the first to join the congregation

Got to go and pray for ccfc now 🙏

Hitler
    Stalin
    Mao

All men of god eh?

You conveniently miss out the Black Church when looking at Christianity in America.

I have the utmost respect for Christopher Hitchens and will listen to the recordings and read the writings that he left behind.

Some of the horseshit posted by you and your Wolfpack here is just tedious, ignorant, offensive and very very hypocritical.