+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Songs Of Praise

Re: Songs Of Praise

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I’ve always found it weird that people need religion to be more moral and kind. Does it even count if you’re doing it out of fear of some mad old **** who can’t even stop diabetes zapping you.
    And bear in mind that most religions consider that non-believers do not migrate to their version of the afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Whatever happened to truthpaste?
    I hope he wasn't called up.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    And bear in mind that most religions consider that non-believers do not migrate to their version of the afterlife.
    That’s what I don’t get why would anyone worship someone that doesn’t care how good a person you’ve been but only if you’ve kissed his arse your hole life.

If there was a god and that was his system I’d rather say **** him and take my chances in hell.

I remember when my great nan died someone at the funeral said to my mam “she won’t go to heaven mind because she didn’t go to church” imagine being that much of a ****

That’s what I don’t get why would anyone worship someone that doesn’t care how good a person you’ve been but only if you’ve kissed his arse your hole life.

If there was a god and that was his system I’d rather say **** him and take my chances in hell.

I remember when my great nan died someone at the funeral said to my mam “she won’t go to heaven mind because she didn’t go to church” imagine being that much of a ****
    It's about indoctrination, infantilisation and spread by the conduits of empires. Don't take it seriously

I mean I said god can’t even zap away diabetes lets you know how seriously I take it

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Say that to his face, i dare you
    Ha ha happily, if he exists he's a sadist and I'd rather burn in hell than worship him.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Why don't we.(.ie mankind) save starving children?
    Well, if the stupid fuuckers of this country stopped voting Tory.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

I thought in this country, Wales, people voted for Labour?

The majority do but there’s still daft twats who vote Tory, mores the pity.

If god is omnipotent and omnipresent he could stop it though.
    He gave us free choice and since then we've messed it up in many areas

Sickened on the news this evening that snippers in the Yemen have shot over 400 children...for what? Pleasure? Kids playing in the street have seen their brothers and sisters shot.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The majority do but there’s still daft twats who vote Tory, mores the pity.
    Pleased to see you've got over the appendicitis and back with both barrels.

I mean I said god can’t even zap away diabetes lets you know how seriously I take it
    I shared something with you about a friend of mine who devoted his short life to the church and you reply as if you are an insensitive pratt. Im sure you are a better person than that.

There are different definitions of what is a country, of course. Wales and the UK can both be described as countries depending on which definition is applied.

20 plus years and counting, other than when they went all right wing on us in 2016 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I don't blame him, I don't believe in him.

Once again, the answer I'm getting for 'why does God allow innocent children to suffer?' is "it is what it is" with a dose of it's not God's faults it's humanity's fault.

Please explain how it's mankind's fault for a baby dying of leukemia (for example)?

Hypothetically, how could mankind prevent it from ever happening - if we had the chance?
    Childhood leukaemia is a disease linked to DNA in the cells in bone marrow. Sometimes the cause is genetic, sometimes a fault in replication of the cells. Glad to say that through science 90% of children survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    There are different definitions of what is a country, of course. Wales and the UK can both be described as countries depending on which definition is applied.
    Amazing what you can learn on CCMB

Next time you're allowed to pick up some of your farmers lamb from Brecon, can you drop a couple lamb chops off into the Salvation Army on your return? You'll be doing your bit for mankind and christianity.

Cheers.

Heisenberg

Childhood leukaemia is a disease linked to DNA in the cells in bone marrow. Sometimes the cause is genetic, sometimes a fault in replication of the cells. Glad to say that through science 90% of children survive.
    So mankind didn't create the problem and they cannot prevent it from happening either. This is pretty tough one to blame on humanity.

The only question really left to ask is:

Could God could have created genetics where children didn't die of it (or even suffer from it)?

Well, surely God can do literally anything (all part of the deal with being God, really) and since he created man, the only outcome I think that we can take from this is that God chose to make it so that innocent children get leukemia.

I can't see any other logic in this argument... Unless you can provide a different answer (which, of course, I'd be happy to debate )

Heisenberg

Next time you're allowed to pick up some of your farmers lamb from Brecon, can you drop a couple lamb chops off into the Salvation Army on your return? You'll be doing your bit for mankind and christianity.

Cheers.
    Missed an open goal for a Lamb of God reference there.

Tsk. Tsk.

Cheers.
    Not that it'll mean much to you but I go there for meat to do my bit to support local Welsh farmers, rather than support my local German supermarket.

Not that it'll mean much to you but I go there for meat to do my bit to support local Welsh farmers, rather than support my local German supermarket.
    Every Lidl helps.

So mankind didn't create the problem and they cannot prevent it from happening either. This is pretty tough one to blame on humanity.

The only question really left to ask is:

Could God could have created genetics where children didn't die of it (or even suffer from it)?

Well, surely God can do literally anything (all part of the deal with being God, really) and since he created man, the only outcome I think that we can take from this is that God chose to make it so that innocent children get leukemia.

I can't see any other logic in this argument... Unless you can provide a different answer (which, of course, I'd be happy to debate )
    I can't see any logic in your argument either. As you don't believe there is a God we can assume that as far as you're concerned he can't be responsible for anything as he doesn't exist. So who responsible when a child gets a nasty disease that could be of a genetic origin...the parents?

Missed an open goal for a Lamb of God reference there.

Tsk. Tsk.
    Agreed, very sloppy

Heisenberg

I can't see any logic in your argument either. As you don't believe there is a God we can assume that as far as you're concerned he can't be responsible for anything as he doesn't exist. So who responsible when a child gets a nasty disease that could be of a genetic origin...the parents?
    I'm playing devil's advocate and acting like I believe in God, so we can argue from the same viewpoint.

My problem with your logic is clear. You believe in God. God is ultimate. God can therefore prevent innocent children from having things like leukemia (since it's his design).

Since he didn't prevent it when he created our DNA, then it's by choice. God doesn't make mistakes.

There's my logic.

My actual belief is that nobody is to blame and flaws in biology and (cough) evolution (cough) causes these things to happen.

The difference is that I don't believe that God created mankind, unlike you, so I'm struggling with the fact that you have blamed mankind for things they have no control of (such as preventing children having leukemia) but God remains blameless even though he supposedly has the power to do literally anything, including creating genetics which don't result in the painful deaths of millions of children.