+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Songs Of Praise

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Songs Of Praise

[QUOTE=lisvaneblue;5169305]
    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Interesting debate and your views and those of Heisenberg is proof indeed that humans have the free will that God graced us with. Your comments about Jesus surprise me as your birth is measured by the days and years since his birth. A person that was so insignificant, according to you, that the world counts time by him.

Whether you believe in God or not the immense order and interdependence of species on earth indicates that it came about by more that chance chaos.

Personally I believe that God created heaven and earth and all things visible and invisible. In his creation is the blueprint for everything. There are some certainties, ...'from ash we came and to ash we will return', and that applies to all life.

I have a good mate a very famous scientist. He was the first person to discover a drug to successfully treat what was, not so long ago, a disease that killed a lot of people. Did he discover something 'new' in the sense that it didn't exist before? No, it was there in God's blueprint and he found out how to use it to help mankind. You could say the same about science and Covid vaccines

I mention balance and interdependence in life and the comments you and others have made questioning why God did not get rid of Covid, or save ill children, or feed the hungry. It's hard to take but how can he? The answers are in our hands not his. Divine intervention might be the answer you want to hear but there will be consequences in changing the blueprint of nature We see it ourselves in what we do to this planet, be it climate change, or war, or insecticides killing bees and affecting plant pollination..we are screwing up the blueprint that keeps everything in balance.

And finally there is the assumption that God has it all his own way as long as it's good. Sounds a bit dramatic but there are good and evil forces in this world and they compete for supremacy. There are the same forces in every human being and we only need to look through a newspaper of history book to see for ourselves.
    But, for sure God is there to support you if you ask him and he will never turn his back on you, even if you turn your back on him

A wise and uplifting post in the face of determined denial.

[QUOTE=RonnieBird;5169345]
    Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post

It is neither wise nor uplifting. There is not the slightest shred of evidence for the existence of a God.

[QUOTE=pomeroy;5169359]
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    It is neither wise nor uplifting. There is not the slightest shred of evidence for the existence of a God.
    I believe in talking polka-dot cabbages riding three-headed manitees made of marshmallow. Try disproving their existence.
    You can't - so perhaps you need to reconsider your attitude about such things, pomeroy.

[QUOTE=RonnieBird;5169345]

The denial has always come from Christians and its here again

There is evidence that if you have a broken leg , the doctors can either operate to fix it or put it in a cast and it will slowly heal

Clear evidence , based on science

If you break your leg and don't get it treated you will end up with a deformed leg and a life of pain

This isn't down to free will , divine intervention or fairies at the bottom of the garden

Christians are always asked the basic question .......please provide evidence of the existence of God.......not quotes from the bible ......thats not evidence ......there are loads of versions of the bible written in different languages by different blokes , at different times , thats no proof of God

Please provide evidence of the existence of God, of evidence of a god made action or miracle or whatever

Anything at all

Not god is there for you or you must repent etc , does he exist ?

[QUOTE=SLUDGE FACTORY;5169458]

There is evidence that if you have a broken leg , the doctors can either operate to fix it or put it in a cast and it will slowly heal

If you break your leg and don't get it treated you will end up with a deformed leg and a life of pain

This isn't down to free will , divine intervention or fairies at the bottom of the garden

Christians are always asked the basic question .......please provide evidence of the existence of God.......not quotes from the bible ......thats not evidence ......there are loads of versions of the bible written in different languages by different blokes , at different times , thats no proof of God

Please provide evidence of the existence of God, of evidence of a god made action or miracle or whatever

Anything at all

Surely, as a belief, Christianity and other religions rely on what people believe, rather than being dependent on proof?

You believed Willie Boland was a great midfielder.....

[QUOTE=SLUDGE FACTORY;5169458]

Anything at all

I can do that actually and maybe I will one of these days but it's a very detailed and complicated logic which I'm not inclined to set down here for various reasons , but mostly because those who could learn from it are so very convinced of their present beliefs that they'd dismiss if without even trying to understand and I'd be wasting a lot of time explaining it.

It's funny how scientology is openly mocked because it's a "made up" religion, other than being modern how is it any different from any of the others?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It's funny how scientology is openly mocked because it's a "made up" religion, other than being modern how is it any different from any of the others?
    There is a saying that says something like if you experience a hallucination you are considered to be wacko but if you can convince enough other people that you saw it, it can become classified as a religion.

And finally there is the assumption that God has it all his own way as long as it's good. Sounds a bit dramatic but there are good and evil forces in this world and they compete for supremacy. There are the same forces in every human being and we only need to look through a newspaper of history book to see for ourselves.
    But, for sure God is there to support you if you ask him and he will never turn his back on you, even if you turn your back on him
    I think you're confusing god with starwars.

I mention balance and interdependence in life and the comments you and others have made questioning why God did not get rid of Covid, or save ill children, or feed the hungry. It's hard to take but how can he? The answers are in our hands not his. Divine intervention might be the answer you want to hear but there will be consequences in changing the blueprint of nature We see it ourselves in what we do to this planet, be it climate change, or war, or insecticides killing bees and affecting plant pollination..we are screwing up the blueprint that keeps everything in balance.
    Doesn't sound like the behaviour of an omnipotent god. Mad that his blueprints involves kids dying and being raped by priests.

Personally I believe that God created heaven and earth and all things visible and invisible.
    So god did create lukemia for kids then?

Bit off like.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    So god did create lukemia for kids then?

Bit off like.
    I'll leave it to someone much more eloquent than me to explain my point of view.

https://youtu.be/-suvkwNYSQo

My general view of religion/god stuff is if it makes you happy, you need it etc then crack on, enjoy. It’s only when they try and push their often bizarre views on people it bothers me....just leave it, enjoy it, but leave me out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    My general view of religion/god stuff is if it makes you happy, you need it etc then crack on, enjoy. It’s only when they try and push their often bizarre views on people it bothers me....just leave it, enjoy it, but leave me out of it.
    It is morally indefensible to believe in something that is manifestly untrue because it makes you feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    It is morally indefensible to believe in something that is manifestly untrue because it makes you feel good.
    They believe it’s all true though like a few in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    You mean like watching Eastenders?

Only if you thinks that the characters in Eastenders are real

Watching Eastenders makes you feel good???? It’s wrist slashing TV....... Kevin’s safe in Coronation St though, that’s uplifting

[QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;5169460]

Surely, as a belief, Christianity and other religions rely on what people believe, rather than being dependent on proof?

You believed Willie Boland was a great midfielder.....
    Thats my very point

I believe willie boland was a great midfielder but he was a good championship level player and no more than that

But I can prove that by the evidence , factual evidence , that he played at championship level for Cardiff City

That , is a fact

As is the fact that if I don't put petrol in my car it won't go anywhere

And if my heart stops beating and the medical people cannot get it going , I snuff it

Fact

I always ask Christian people for one simple fact that proves that God is not a belief like my Willie is the best player ever belief ......its one fecking tiny simple indisputable fact that God, their God, exists

One fact , they have had years

And plenty of time on this thread

But they can't because its impossible to find facts about something that exists in peoples imagination

They can say they KNOW God exists but I can say I know Liz Hurley thinks about me a lot but if I am asked to prove it , I can't

Because its bollocks

[QUOTE=RonnieBird;5169465]

I can do that actually and maybe I will one of these days but it's a very detailed and complicated logic which I'm not inclined to set down here for various reasons , but mostly because those who could learn from it are so very convinced of their present beliefs that they'd dismiss if without even trying to understand and I'd be wasting a lot of time explaining it.
    give it a go

Heisenberg

God, if you're listening, please sort out the quote function for these fecking heathens.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    God, if you're listening, please sort out the quote function for these fecking heathens.
    🤣🤣

God does not want Blasphemy repeated. His work is done my child.

It's like they've all attended a course run by splott parker over the weekend or something

[QUOTE=delmbox;5169538]It's like they've all attended a course run by splott parker over the weekend or something

Shame I missed it. Is he running another one?