+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: LUTON TOWN 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

Re: LUTON TOWN v CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Never offside, ref didn’t give it, linesman didn’t, not even mentioned by the pundits and more pointedly Nathan Jones, who no doubt had studied the monitors before his post match interview and would have definitely brought it up had he thought they’d been hard done by, criticised his defenders with no hint of an offside gripe. The ball was launched from way back and Flint was ok.

Even Stevie Wonder could see he was offside

Re: FT: LUTON TOWN 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

Solid away performance for me. Vaulks, Pack and Nelson played really well. It’s lovely having a player like Wilson able to pop up with goals like tonight’s.

Mick and TC deserve a lot of credit for what they’ve done so far. Long may it continue!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Never offside, ref didn’t give it, linesman didn’t, not even mentioned by the pundits and more pointedly Nathan Jones, who no doubt had studied the monitors before his post match interview and would have definitely brought it up had he thought they’d been hard done by, criticised his defenders with no hint of an offside gripe. The ball was launched from way back and Flint was ok.
    Even if Jones had whinged about it he could hardly complain when City should have had at least one penalty!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What were you looking at to think Flint was offside?

The Sky coverage follows the ball and it looks as if Flint came from an onside position to head it down to Wilson.

If some other footage shows something different I want to see it.

Stevie W.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What were you looking at to think Flint was offside?

The Sky coverage follows the ball and it looks as if Flint came from an onside position to head it down to Wilson.

If some other footage shows something different I want to see it.

Stevie W.
    Not one Luton player appealed for offside.

International

I was happy Wilson scorted. He seems like the kind of player who needs it to play at his best and he hasn't scorecd for a little while.
    Besides that its good to see goals coming from different players, it gives the next oponents something more to have to think about.

What's black and screams?
    Stevie Wonder answering the iron

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Not one Luton player appealed for offside.

Have a look on a BIG SCREEN, he’s offside, as the ball is hoofed forward, he is at least a half a yard in front of their last defender, in the middle

Have a look on a BIG SCREEN, he’s offside, as the ball is hoofed forward, he is at least a half a yard in front of their last defender, in the middle
    I haven't got a 'BIG SCREEN'

Are you saying Flint is offside when he heads it back to Wilson? How on earth can you tell that? When the ball is played to Flint, he's not even in the picture. Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 6.44.24 PM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I was happy Wilson scorted. He seems like the kind of player who needs it to play at his best and he hasn't scorecd for a little while.
    Besides that its good to see goals coming from different players, it gives the next oponents something more to have to think about.
    Go on, have another go

Second similar post in a week. Nothing like offside and I think maybe people don't understand the offside rule.

Much as I do like to see him on the ropes occasionally, I have to agree with BT on this one.

Flint did look a tad offside when they showed the replay from further up the pitch looking back, but as the camera wasn't in line, there is an element of doubt.

Thank God we have no VAR!

Edit: By the way, I think Flint deserves a mention as I thought he was excellent today, arguably his best game in a City shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Much as I do like to see him on the ropes occasionally, I have to agree with BT on this one.

Flint did look a tad offside when they showed the replay from further up the pitch looking back, but as the camera wasn't in line, there is an element of doubt.

Thank God we have no VAR!

Edit: By the way, I think Flint deserves a mention as I thought he was excellent today, arguably his best game in a City shirt.
    He looked on to me, the camera was at an angle so he looked offside initially but if you look at the lines in the grass he looks on

None of the Luton players or Jones appealing for it is telling imo

I don't think he was when the ball was played

Who cares if he was offside or not? We’ve won 2-0

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Who cares if he was offside or not? We’ve won 2-0
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't think he was when the ball was played
    Me neither.
    Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 9.26.05 PM.jpg

He's not even into the lighter band of grass that the Luton player at the centre is standing right in middle of.

Look at the lines on the pitch he’s a good half a year inside.

LOOK AT THE BIG SCREEN ffs how does that make a difference to the perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Yes there was good energy from Bacuna and Bagan when they came on . I thought Watters looked a little lost though
    Well, he never had a team mate within twenty yards of him.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Are you saying Flint is offside when he heads it back to Wilson? How on earth can you tell that? When the ball is played to Flint, he's not even in the picture. Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 6.44.24 PM.jpg
    That's not the BIG SCREEN though.

Are BIG SCREENS classed as non essential goods? I want to pick one up by Saturday, if there’s any left, the Premier League are snapping them up apparently to officially replace VAR And Luton need to get a roller that runs straight & parallel

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Me neither.
    Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 9.26.05 PM.jpg

He's not even into the lighter band of grass that the Luton player at the centre is standing right in middle of.
    Thank you for confirming he’s off VAR would have seconded me

Thank you for confirming he’s off VAR would have seconded me
    You should’ve gone to SpecSavers three keeping him on going by the roller lines.