+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lee Peltier

Lee Peltier

Anyone surprised he’s seeing so much first team football under Sam Allardyce? Not really knocking him because he was a very good signing by Russell Slade, but he does seem to be the sort of player sixty and seventy something managers like.

West Brom 1-0 up against Man United after twenty minutes and playing well.

Re: Lee Peltier

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Anyone surprised he’s seeing so much first team football under Sam Allardyce? Not really knocking him because he was a very good signing by Russell Slade, but he does seem to be the sort of player sixty and seventy something managers like.

West Brom 1-0 up against Man United after twenty minutes and playing well.
    He's just what Big Sam likes, Peltier enjoys defending first and foremost, i don't think he could play any other way. Big Sam doesn't like his defenders to hold onto the ball. It's astonishing to think that he was England manager not so long ago. Shame that didn't last.

Utd level.

Nice volley from Fernandez

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's just what Big Sam likes, Peltier enjoys defending first and foremost, i don't think he could play any other way. Big Sam doesn't like his defenders to hold onto the ball. It's astonishing to think that he was England manager not so long ago. Shame that didn't last.
    They do enjoy a conservative manager at the FA, Southgate is hardly expansive either. They should be building a team around Grealish but he's wedded to that weird 3-4-3 shape that he makes incredibly rigid (completely defeating the point of it). They played a midfield 2 of Rice & Phillips against Denmark and it was one of the worst games of football I've ever watched

Peltier was down for at least two minutes, probably more, and there were two goals.
    Added time was two minutes

I hope West Brom don't score again for the sake of the game.
    I know you have to play to your strengths and Allardice's strength is organised defending but how awful to watch are they?

Glad Peltier is getting games though and yes, he is your archetypal old school full back, but he was a good servant to City and we could have done with him first part of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    They do enjoy a conservative manager at the FA, Southgate is hardly expansive either. They should be building a team around Grealish but he's wedded to that weird 3-4-3 shape that he makes incredibly rigid (completely defeating the point of it). They played a midfield 2 of Rice & Phillips against Denmark and it was one of the worst games of football I've ever watched
    Agreed, i don't know why they don't go for Brendan Rodgers.

The VAR/officials have had another mare.

MU given a pelanty for a foul on Maguire but the replay shows that Maguire was offside before the incident.

The pelanty was rightly ruled out, not for the offside, but for the contact which was deemed not a foul.

Baffling!

The days of the current best managers taking international jobs are a thing of the past. A top 7 or 8 manager wouldn’t leave their current role for an international one.

Brendan Rodgers is better than England.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    The days of the current best managers taking international jobs are a thing of the past. A top 7 or 8 manager wouldn’t leave their current role for an international one.
    They would if it paid enough.

Can't see any reason why Rodgers would put himself in a massively pressurised position that comes with the England manager's position, may even be earning less money and only involved in the football matters every few months.
    This especially one that is experiencing a degree of success.

He strikes me as the sort who likes the day to day training and tactile man-managing style.
    He would also invariably find himself at loggerheads with club managers over players being released.

It's not even as if it would be the dream job that English managers have always professed.

Rodgers is a good manager and I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Liverpool soon.

They would if it paid enough.
    Really? You’re living in the era of Don Revie🤣

Really? You’re living in the era of Don Revie🤣
    West Brom could and maybe should have won this!
    Ref a bit of a homer mind.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    West Brom could and maybe should have won this!
    Ref a bit of a homer mind.
    West Brom have had a few great chances to go ahead in the second half, but you watch the Mancs win it in added time!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    West Brom have had a few great chances to go ahead in the second half, but you watch the Mancs win it in added time!
    Fergie time
    WBA definitely deserve something from this.

Great save by Johnstone right at the death gets the Baggies a deserved draw.

Really? You’re living in the era of Don Revie��
    Some of your football observations seem stuck in the 70's

Some of your football observations seem stuck in the 70's
    What a pathetic response. I’m surprised you even pay any attention... I certainly gave up on your ‘superior’ bullshit a long time ago, marking it down as the language of a bitter failure

What a pathetic response. I’m surprised you even pay any attention... I certainly gave up on your ‘superior’ bullshit a long time ago, marking it down as the language of a bitter failure
    I knew that was coming, you're a bit of a nasty prick when you want to be, it doesn't take much though. You like to get a bit personal at times with posters. Cock

I knew that was coming, you're a bit of a nasty prick when you want to be, it doesn't take much though. You like to get a bit personal at times with posters. Cock
    Glad it hit the mark

Glad it hit the mark
    You couldn't hit an open goal from a yard out. I don't even know what you post about, i just notice your smarmy insulting put downs.

They’ve gone down the non English manager route before, not sure if it sits well with the more xenophobic amongst their followers.

You couldn't hit an open goal from a yard out. I don't even know what you post about, i just notice your smarmy insulting put downs.
    Sure

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    They’ve gone down the non English manager route before, not sure if it sits well with the more xenophobic amongst their followers.
    He's an Ulster man, isn't he? I think it becomes an issue when they start doing badly

He's an Ulster man, isn't he? I think it becomes an issue when they start doing badly
    Sven & Capello could retreat to their respective home countries when the going got hot, Rodgers would have no bolt hole, being settled in England, wouldn’t be nice for him when the tabloids would inevitably turn.