+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: Brentford 0 - 2 Barnsley

FT: Brentford 0 - 2 Barnsley

Another shock in the Championship

Re: FT: Brentford 0 - 2 Barnsley

Nine teams within three points of each other from 7th - 15th

table1.jpg

I think that was Barnsley's first league win in 2021 - but despite that they have impressed me a lot.

How do Barnsley keep finding young, progressive, European managers - 3 or 4 in recent years? They have a different approach to us for sure.

(I think we would have brought in Cauley Woodrow this season if the Wilson deal hadn't emerged at the last minute).

Heisenberg

We've scored more goals than Norwich, Watford and the Jacks

they have the youngest side in the league by some distance too

Barnsley have won at Brentford for the second successive after their superb last day escape last season - to me the jacks are the most consistent team in the league and look good to go up, maybe as Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think that was Barnsley's first league win in 2021 - but despite that they have impressed me a lot.

How do Barnsley keep finding young, progressive, European managers - 3 or 4 in recent years? They have a different approach to us for sure.

(I think we would have brought in Cauley Woodrow this season if the Wilson deal hadn't emerged at the last minute).
    If they win their game in hand they leapfrog us and go four points (plus goal difference) off the play-offs. With some exceptions right at top and bottom, the league is ridiculously bunched up this year and the sides best able to cope with two games a week are really going to enjoy the run in.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

In the last three years Barnsley have had two owners and seven managers. Thats hardly they way.to create stability and progression. They have had a relegation in 2018, admittedly followed by promotion back the next year but in 2019-2020 they only escaped relegation back to League one again by one point, so perhaps not the model to follow too closely after all.