+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: NASCAR off with a bang

NASCAR off with a bang

Anyone into NASCAR? 15 laps into the Daytona 500 and a crash has wiped out 16 cars.

Re: NASCAR off with a bang

Another example of the sheer size of the USA, is when I found out that NASCAR (which I had naively assumed to be a small B-list sporting event) and not even in the top 10 'sports' in the USA draws in attendances of hundreds of thousands. I believe one of the tracks holds 250,000 spectators.. quarter of a million!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Anyone into NASCAR? 15 laps into the Daytona 500 and a crash has wiped out 16 cars.
    I went last year. Great weekend of racing, partying and all round good fun. Cars are LOUD, when the pack go past you it's on a par with the old F1. Our race got stopped after around 30 laps due to rain. Couldn't see the re-run the next day as I had to fly back.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    I went last year. Great weekend of racing, partying and all round good fun. Cars are LOUD, when the pack go past you it's on a par with the old F1. Our race got stopped after around 30 laps due to rain. Couldn't see the re-run the next day as I had to fly back.
    last night got stopped by rain as well. Delayed for several hours before being completed. But not before one more final smash on the last lap

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Another example of the sheer size of the USA, is when I found out that NASCAR (which I had naively assumed to be a small B-list sporting event) and not even in the top 10 'sports' in the USA draws in attendances of hundreds of thousands. I believe one of the tracks holds 250,000 spectators.. quarter of a million!
    Tractor pulling draws similar numbers