+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rubin and Isaac sign new deals

Rubin and Isaac sign new deals

Re: Rubin and Isaac sign new deals

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Love this quote ,makes me feel good .

""Absolutely buzzing to make my first team debut tonight for the club I’ve been at since I was 7 (Blue heart). Really appreciate the opportunity given to me and thanks to everyone who’s helped me along the way (Folded hands)""

Bring on the younger lads Mick please , we have had so many false dawns with this development at our club , I d take a step backward to get these lads playing .

Maybe I've missed something but it seems the youth players Harris was benching are different to the ones MM seems to prefer. I don't think I'd ever seen Colwill name before MM arrived and now he's the next big thing (literally). Or maybe I just don't pay enough attention to the youth teams.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Maybe I've missed something but it seems the youth players Harris was benching are different to the ones MM seems to prefer. I don't think I'd ever seen Colwill name before MM arrived and now he's the next big thing (literally). Or maybe I just don't pay enough attention to the youth teams.
    I always have a keen eye on our youth development (no, not like THAT. No need to call the police), but I too hadn't heard of Colwill until he was named on the bench a few weeks back.

As an obsessive Football Manager player, I went and checked him out. His attributes weren't good, and they gave him a strength rating of 1/20. Judging by what I've seen of him in recent highlights, it might need juuuuuuust a small tweak here and there. Buzzing for the lads, hope they can push on.

They showed highlights of the U23's game vs Colchester during the Coventry game half time interval and I was impressed with Isaac Davies.
    Very pacey (albeit what looked like a very young Flint was marking him i.e. quite limited in the pace department) and some clinical finishing.

This news is good, now to get them some first team experience, just training with and being round the first team squad is a start.

Obviously we want City to win every game and if we did that, we would have a play off place (minimum).
    However, once Championship football is secured, I'm sure most of us risk a top place finish if it meant blooding some of these kids.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    They showed highlights of the U23's game vs Colchester during the Coventry game half time interval and I was impressed with Isaac Davies.
    Very pacey (albeit what looked like a very young Flint was marking him i.e. quite limited in the pace department) and some clinical finishing.

This news is good, now to get them some first team experience, just training with and being round the first team squad is a start.

Obviously we want City to win every game and if we did that, we would have a play off place (minimum).
    However, once Championship football is secured, I'm sure most of us risk a top place finish if it meant blooding some of these kids.
    Even if we get a playoff spot , we would likely be outclassed as soon as we played anyone good (see our matches against the top 3 this season), although it is always nice to dream. It might better in the long run for the club if the faint glimmer of the playoffs disappears over the next couple of weeks and we bring through a couple more youngsters.

that said, it's better to bring players into a side that's playing well, rather than one that is struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Even if we get a playoff spot , we would likely be outclassed as soon as we played anyone good (see our matches against the top 3 this season), although it is always nice to dream. It might better in the long run for the club if the faint glimmer of the playoffs disappears over the next couple of weeks and we bring through a couple more youngsters.
    This is basically what I am saying.
    Secure Championship football, blood kids, see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    "I look down on him.....etc"

I'd like to see Rubin and Kieffer stood side by side. Same height?

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    "I look down on him.....etc"

I'd like to see Rubin and Kieffer stood side by side. Same height?
    Mick isn't short either.
    Collwill has got to be at least 6'3 or 4 judging by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    I always have a keen eye on our youth development (no, not like THAT. No need to call the police), but I too hadn't heard of Colwill until he was named on the bench a few weeks back.

As an obsessive Football Manager player, I went and checked him out. His attributes weren't good, and they gave him a strength rating of 1/20. Judging by what I've seen of him in recent highlights, it might need juuuuuuust a small tweak here and there. Buzzing for the lads, hope they can push on.
    Sion Spence & Mark Harris were always rated really highly by Football Manager, as is Isaak Davies

Mick isn't short either.
    Collwill has got to be at least 6'3 or 4 judging by that.
    Mick's 6'1 isn't he? You're right, Colwill must be 6'3/6'4. Looks quick as well based on the U23s highlights

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Keenan Patten was always on the bench under Harris, but that probably had to do with all 4 first team midfielders being out there at once. Bagan was always on the bench as well, as he is under Mick

that said, it's better to bring players into a side that's playing well, rather than one that is struggling.
    Exactly. I'll be glad when this playoff nonsense is put to bed. Let's get t safety and see what the youngsters can do.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Exactly. I'll be glad when this playoff nonsense is put to bed. Let's get t safety and see what the youngsters can do.
    Not going to happen. We were 3-0 up on Saturday and he wouldnt put one on until injury time.

Can the lad play? Seems Mick is impressed with his size more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Can the lad play? Seems Mick is impressed with his size more than anything else.
    I've seen him play three times for the 23s (online) and he does have ability. Not a pacey player but one of those who seems to be able to make time for himself. Good close control and a bit of vision, plays with his head up.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Stand out player for the U23s. He can play defensively if needed, is quick on the ball, good control and comes across as having a decent footballing mind. From the little I've seen, he can turn a game in an instant. One for the future.....but getting a chance now to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I've seen him play three times for the 23s (online) and he does have ability. Not a pacey player but one of those who seems to be able to make time for himself. Good close control and a bit of vision, plays with his head up.
    when I've seen him ive been impressed with his pace for a tall player

when I've seen him ive been impressed with his pace for a tall player
    Maybe i'm wrong then. Zohore didn't look quick because of his size, although he was a strong runner, once he'd turned a defender he was odds on to win the foot race, although it sometimes looked like slow motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Maybe i'm wrong then. Zohore didn't look quick because of his size, although he was a strong runner, once he'd turned a defender he was odds on to win the foot race, although it sometimes looked like slow motion.
    yeah possibly high top speed but average initial acceleration

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Stand out player for the U23s. He can play defensively if needed, is quick on the ball, good control and comes across as having a decent footballing mind. From the little I've seen, he can turn a game in an instant. One for the future.....but getting a chance now to impress.
    Cheers. Sounds promising.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Keenan Patten was always on the bench under Harris, but that probably had to do with all 4 first team midfielders being out there at once. Bagan was always on the bench as well, as he is under Mick
    This season the record for Academy players (incl. Brown and Harris) in the first team - up to the Coventry - match is:

Bagan: 4 league starts, 1 FA Cup start, 20 league bench, 1 EFL Cup bench

Harris: 6 league starts (subbed every time late 2nd half), 14 league bench (came on 6 times), 1 FA Cup bench (came on)

Sang: 7 league bench, 1 ELF Cup bench (came on)

Patten: 5 league bench, 1 FA Cup bench

Zimba: 2 league bench

Evans: 2 league bench, 1 EFL Cup bench, 1 FA Cup bench

Davies: 2 league bench

Ratcliffe: 2 league bench

Brown: 2 league bench

Colwill: 2 league bench (came on very late once)

D'Almeida: 1 EFL Cup bench.

The introduction of 9 subs has obviously helped, but that is not a bad break-through picture for the Academy.

Harris hardly included any youngsters at the start of the season, and MM seems unwilling to trust them off the bench now (at least until or unless we are safe and the play-offs are out of reach). But it is a world away from what we have seen in past seasons.

Did we extend Mark Harris contract beyond this season?

squad 3.jpg

I've attempted to visualize the squad based on the current formation.
    First team in blue, youngsters in yellow.

Players due to leave us in the summer in red text.

squad 3.jpg

I've attempted to visualize the squad based on the current formation.
    First team in blue, youngsters in yellow.

Players due to leave us in the summer in red text.
    I'm sure there are plenty of errors/omissions in that though