+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rubin and Isaac sign new deals

Re: Rubin and Isaac sign new deals

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Attachment 4308

I've attempted to visualize the squad based on the current formation.
    First team in blue, youngsters in yellow.

Players due to leave us in the summer in red text.
    Sam Bowen is playing CM for the U23s at the moment. Not sure if his contract ends this summer or next summer.

What about the irish wonder kid too? Whats happened to him? Hes on loan in Ireland at moment but is his contract beyond this summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm sure there are plenty of errors/omissions in that though
    Hard to read your chart, but I don’t think you’ve included Sam Bowen (who was on the bench for one of the FA Cup games with Reading last season I believe) to the midfield, Ben Margetson (currently on loan to Sutton) as a defender and James Waite as an attacking midfielder- Taylor Jones has played a few matches for the Under 23s at right back lately, as has Owen Pritchard at centre back and centre midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Sam Bowen is playing CM for the U23s at the moment. Not sure if his contract ends this summer or next summer.

What about the irish wonder kid too? Whats happened to him? Hes on loan in Ireland at moment but is his contract beyond this summer?
    I see Bolger’s on loan to Longford who are in the Second Division in Ireland, I think he might leave us in the summer even if he has another year left on his deal.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see Bolger’s on loan to Longford who are in the Second Division in Ireland, I think he might leave us in the summer even if he has another year left on his deal.
    That’s a shame I was expecting him to make the breakthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Maybe I've missed something but it seems the youth players Harris was benching are different to the ones MM seems to prefer. I don't think I'd ever seen Colwill name before MM arrived and now he's the next big thing (literally). Or maybe I just don't pay enough attention to the youth teams.
    Its just another view I guess we all look at players and think differently,.

Some say Mick prefers Pack into Ralls , which a lot would disagree with .

Does he prefer Ojo to other wingers .

Does he rate Flint where Harris didn't .

It could be he looks at players with a different eye , bases his selections on what he wants of them and thier attributes, then motivates them to deliver , its good man management perhaps ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

It could be he looks at players with a different eye , bases his selections on what he wants of them and thier attributes, then motivates them to deliver , its good man management perhaps ??
    Perhaps it comes down to being able to spot talent, recognise a player's strengths and nurturing their career development. Last thing we could do with is another manager coming in in the summer and sweeping away the players (like RC) just because their face doesnt fit and they have their own favourites they would like to bring in. Imagine being at a club since the age of 7, a new manager comes in and you are let go without rhyme or reason. The youngsters are being given a chance, without the crowds to get on their backs when they make an error, and we should embrace it.
    Ojo....plenty of talent. We could go with keeping him. Ditto, Flint. Pack or Ralls? Ralls just (to start) over Pack who is a very reliable back up (and a potential future manager). In short, MM has tuned in quickly. If you call that good man management, I wouldn't disagree.

I'm genuinely missing Sol though. There will always be Brentford, away.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

I'm sure they would both rate Flint for the job he's currently doing (defending, being a nuisance in opposition box) but Harris was given the brief of playing a more progressive style and bringing youth through whereas MM was given brief of winning games and bringing smiles back.

There are only really very small differences between our side currently and the one that won four on the bounce earlier in the season - the players looked happy, the football was good and we were picking up points. There is a good first eleven here but Harris didn't manage fatigue/injuries well and we're yet to see if MM does any better, in fact evidence from weekend suggests not. Harris, for some reason, also struggled against the worst sides in the division and we have seen MM do better in that regard.

Really good to see two promising youth players get contracts. It will take time but hopefully both make it at first team level.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I'm sure they would both rate Flint for the job he's currently doing (defending, being a nuisance in opposition box) but Harris was given the brief of playing a more progressive style and bringing youth through whereas MM was given brief of winning games and bringing smiles back.

There are only really very small differences between our side currently and the one that won four on the bounce earlier in the season - the players looked happy, the football was good and we were picking up points. There is a good first eleven here but Harris didn't manage fatigue/injuries well and we're yet to see if MM does any better, in fact evidence from weekend suggests not. Harris, for some reason, also struggled against the worst sides in the division and we have seen MM do better in that regard.

Really good to see two promising youth players get contracts. It will take time but hopefully both make it at first team level.
    the main difference between mm and NH so far is we've cut out the early defensive lapses that meant we spent so much of the time under NH chasing the game.
    aside from that I'm not convinced we are playing that much better (though that is important)