Just a whisper I've heard with Jackett stepping down for health reasons

Re: Neil Harris to Pompey?

The Pompey faithful will soon be playing up if he's appointed

Just about his level. Should do okay.

I hope he does well he seemed a nice enough person in a cut throat business

Unlike a certain Mr Slade who kept getting jobs at that level Neil Harris has a promotion on his CV and has experience getting promoted from that level and establishing a club in the Championship. Never really given a chance by a lot of Cardiff fans even though he took us from 14th to 5th last season. Didn’t happen for him this season and not helped by injuries to key players but thats football. I wish him well.

Jackett is having a couple of weeks off to havie a mole removed from his arm.That's the whisper I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Jackett is having a couple of weeks off to havie a mole removed from his arm.That's the whisper I've heard.
    That's the whisper i've heard on the BBC Football Website! Unless it's a little more complicated than that.

A mole on the arm is nothing in itself but can be a sign of skin cancer which can be very serious. I've been there.

we'll be playing them next season..

Someone asked me on the weekend what I thought about Harris now that the dust has settled.

I didn't realise until I responded how much I disliked Harris - or at least his approach at city.

Positives.. he at least brought in a few players between 20 and 25.. Watters, Wilson, Ojo, Ng and elevated Harris from the U23s. When he took over we had ONE player under 25 in the squad (Murphy) - a terrible indictment on Warnock.

Negatives.. he didn't have the motivational or tactical ability to get the best out of the team and develop a way of playing to our strengths. In the end we ended up a very boring side with no pace, bite and susceptible at the back. And the truth is the little success we had under Harris was despite him not because of him... the break due to COVID suited us more than other teams and Tomlin hit some form (or remained uninjured more to the point). Harris was also very stubborn.. loyal to out-of-form players and perhaps unwilling to address an ever low confidence dressing room.

Unfortunately he was way out of his depth. Maybe a job in a lower division will help him gain the guile and experience to improve in the future.I hope so because he's definitely a good guy and talented at signing the right players.
    Right now I'm sure he's feeling very down but let's hope the whole thing was a valuable learning experience for him.

Awful manager. Poor pompey.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Unlike a certain Mr Slade who kept getting jobs at that level Neil Harris has a promotion on his CV and has experience getting promoted from that level and establishing a club in the Championship. Never really given a chance by a lot of Cardiff fans even though he took us from 14th to 5th last season. Didn’t happen for him this season and not helped by injuries to key players but thats football. I wish him well.

We all wish him well. Of course we would. I always like to see any former player or manager go on and be successful (until they come up against us again of course!)

That said, persisting with this mad argument that he wasn't given a chance is just laughable, as is being demonstrated now!

He just wasn't up to it as all of the facts indicate, and that is the end of the story - maybe he will succeed in a lower division.

Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Hardly an awful manager is he? Did well with Millwall and took us from bottom half into the play offs. Not the right guy for us but he can certainly do a good job in league 1/bottom half championship.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He isn't taking over at Portsmouth
    "Assistant manager Joe Gallen will take charge in a caretaker capacity alongside first-team coach Jake Wigley."
    "Jackett has also brought in former team-mate and Swansea assistant Nigel Gibbs to assist Gallen and Wigley in his absence."
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56070599

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Hardly an awful manager is he? Did well with Millwall and took us from bottom half into the play offs. Not the right guy for us but he can certainly do a good job in league 1/bottom half championship.
    He was awful in that we played awful football.