+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much is Keiffer Moore worth now?

How much is Keiffer Moore worth now?

Watching the West Ham v Sheffield United game, the commentator just mentioned that McBurnie cost £20 million, as did Brewster, so how does Keiffer Moore compare to them? Both of the Sheffield players have relative youth on their side, but Moore is at an age where it could be said he’s at his peak. We might not get it, but if City were asked to name their price for him, I don’t see why we shouldn’t ask for the same £20 million.

Re: How much is Keiffer Moore worth now?

McBurnie will be worth buttons when Sheffield get relegated

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post

He’ll be on Prem money with a poor goal return. Sheffield won’t be able to sell him to recoup some of their money. He’ll end up selling crack and his arse in Townhill

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post

I don’t think Brewster has scored this season!!!!!

Moore than when we bought him.

He is probably worth £5-7M - budgets are down

age isn't in his favour, but he's not over the hill yet.
    I think 7-10 million wouldn't be out of the question

As much as anyone is willing to pay and our club is willing to sell for. It seems unlikely that anyone pays £20 million on a striker from the Championship, at least one not from Brentford, next summer and then will be tough to fetch that for Moore with another year to his age.

McBurnie scored 22 goals from 42 games in the Championship in the year before he was sold and Kieffer is currently on pace to match that, although is a few years older so seemingly less potential (is there?) to tap into. I guess a lot could depend on how well Moore performs at the Euros later in the year but I'd be disappointed if he goes for less than Zohore which would put him up there amongst our record transfer sales.

About £15m, more with a good Euros

Even Ross Mcormack went for £11 million didnt he? Can’t recall what we let him go for, the usual peanuts no doubt.....it will be sad to see Moore go to a club like Burnley

Gutted that he’s going, when’s the taxi due?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    About £15m, Moore with a good Euros
    Fixed it. I think he's worth about this, he's getting better and better each season and he's only 28. He's probably worth a hell of a lot more to us than any fee we'd get for him as well.

Ollie Watkins went from Brentford to Villa in the summer for £28m rising to £33m.

That was a fee set in the middle of the new Covid football economy. There may have been some further downward pressure on fees and wages since - but if Moore carries on as he is (already rated the best or one of the five best Championship players this season) then a fee of £15-20m to a Premier League club is realistic.

I reckon Moore is the kind of player who will be scoring at a high level well into his mid to lat 30s. Along the lines of Glenn Murray, Rickie Lambert, Crouchy

Even at 28 I think there’s at least 6 years left in him at a high level

Mentioned on Elis James this week, Gabbs was saying that if he continues on this form and has a good Euro's, there is no reason why it wouldn't be north 20mm.

If he scores 20+ and has a good Euro's then Prem teams will come in for him.

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    If he scores 20+ and has a good Euro's then Prem teams will come in for him.
    He should at least get close to 20 in the league, but it is by no means a given that he'll do well at the Euros.

I'm not sure which premier league teams he would improve. Sheffield united need a striker, but they won't be there

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He should at least get close to 20 in the league, but it is by no means a given that he'll do well at the Euros.

I'm not sure which premier league teams he would improve. Sheffield united need a striker, but they won't be there
    Burnley? He's certainly better than Barnes, Rodriguez & Vydra. Palace aren't particularly good up front either

Burnley? He's certainly better than Barnes, Rodriguez & Vydra. Palace aren't particularly good up front either
    Barnes does a lot for Burnley.
    I take your point re: vydra though

Prophetic post it seems. I'm hearing that Tottenham are interested in signing him in the next window and have offered £25m plus an un named player for him and Perry Ng.
    Also, Fray Bentos have offered £50 plus postage for Aiden Flint and Vassel.

I've just been looking through Moores career didn't realise he was used so frequently at centre back. Also strange how he seemed to be in and out of teams at a much lower standard. Unless he has had a complete change of attitude as he has really impressed me with his work rate and with his size and what can offer was surprised by that.

I think Moore fits our style perfectly and maybe wouldn't look as impressive at other teams.

Yeah he would. He's reached that rare state of being a natural and instinctive goal taker and many of the great strikers haven't found that until fairly late and after trying other roles.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I've just been looking through Moores career didn't realise he was used so frequently at centre back. Also strange how he seemed to be in and out of teams at a much lower standard. Unless he has had a complete change of attitude as he has really impressed me with his work rate and with his size and what can offer was surprised by that.

I think Moore fits our style perfectly and maybe wouldn't look as impressive at other teams.
    I think he'd settle into the style of any of the other Championship clubs. He's got good control, movement and is no slouch.

Not good enough for the Premier League. He’d soon get found out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I think he'd settle into the style of any of the other Championship clubs. He's got good control, movement and is no slouch.
    Wigan were a passing side under Paul Cook last season and Moore did well enough for them over the second half of the campaign especially.