+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Credit to McCarthy

Re: Credit to McCarthy

Alongside the on field performances you have to also consider the honesty and reality of his comments.

There’s no delusion and misrepresentation as we had with Harris. Watching shite performances week after week & being told the team are playing well. Even Warnock sugar coated & deflected reality.

This is Cardiff City, we know a fall comes after a rise but MM is also proving this cynic wrong & im enjoying his interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Yeah but the point was they replaced there manager after promotion and it seemed to work, they had a decent run in the prem.
    23 managers in 20 seasons

Warnock: came to us when we were at a low ebb, brought us initial success but lost his job when the team lost its way and reverted to a similar position to when he joined us.

Harris: Ditto

McCarthy: A probable ditto in the long-term.

Could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Alongside the on field performances you have to also consider the honesty and reality of his comments.

There’s no delusion and misrepresentation as we had with Harris. Watching shite performances week after week & being told the team are playing well. Even Warnock sugar coated & deflected reality.

This is Cardiff City, we know a fall comes after a rise but MM is also proving this cynic wrong & im enjoying his interviews.
    But it's extremely easy to be honest when your side is going well. How do you use the media to manage tired players, players out of form, results not going well? Warnock usually pointed finger at the ref, Harris exaggerated positives...

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    23 managers in 20 seasons
    Yeah it's excessive to say the least but it also worked for a decent while. It all got a bit strange at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Warnock: came to us when we were at a low ebb, brought us initial success but lost his job when the team lost its way and reverted to a similar position to when he joined us.

Harris: Ditto

McCarthy: A probable ditto in the long-term.

Could be worse.
    This is what is nagging me. Rewind 12 months and we were in the play offs with everyone looking forward to a different future under Harris. After a while teams work you out and it becomes much tougher.
    MM is exceeding all my aspirations at the moment and I think a contract for next season has already been typed out.
    Is it the correct move for the club ?
    I still have my doubts and think bringing in a young potential manager to work withMick, might be the answer.
    Maybe Mick could become DOF ?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    This is what is nagging me. Rewind 12 months and we were in the play offs with everyone looking forward to a different future under Harris. After a while teams work you out and it becomes much tougher.
    MM is exceeding all my aspirations at the moment and I think a contract for next season has already been typed out.
    Is it the correct move for the club ?
    I still have my doubts and think bringing in a young potential manager to work withMick, might be the answer.
    Maybe Mick could become DOF ?
    If McCarthy is given another 18 months then there could be some light at the end of the tunnel. If he can develop three or four of the u23-fringe players into something positive and hopefully get the established in the squad with some value in monetary terms, then i don't think that it would have been a wasted journey, even if we aren't challenging for promotion.

Mick's remit may well be to develop players and introduce them into the first team, that may well be as important as fighting for promotion. Maybe the club has learnt that after two failed promotions and without producing any real homegrown quality, that a promotion to the premier league with instant relegation can create it's own set of problems with older players on fat long contracts that we would have to take a hit on if we sold them. Maybe there is a plan.