+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Credit to McCarthy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Credit to McCarthy

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I thought it was an awful appointment until I realised it was until the end of the season. Then I thought it made perfect sense as a short term appointment. He's done a great job changing things around, sadly it took to long to get someone in.
    The thing is mate, if he does continue this form you know he'll get a full time contract. I have no faith that we're working furiously begins the scenes to get a manager lined up.

If he does continue the form I think he deserves a season shot, but it won't be the change of direction that many want.

Mick is doing a fantastic job, with the squad he has inherited, if he continues the current success and we finish in the top 8-9 then he will earn the right for a longer contract, under Mick, Moore is scoring for fun, Murphy looks like a footballer and we've become harder to beat, ive enjoyed watching the last five games and although there will be knock backs and disappointing results along the way accept that, as long as you can see the players performing and giving it everything on the pitch.
    It's only right and proper that the board make themselves aware of a potential manager to take us in a different direction, but it's only right and proper that the manager gets full backing if he shows he can do the job required.
    On another point I don't get this, we can't sign Eddie Howe or however, with Tans wealth he could get pretty much who he wants along as he paid them accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    The thing is mate, if he does continue this form you know he'll get a full time contract. I have no faith that we're working furiously begins the scenes to get a manager lined up.

If he does continue the form I think he deserves a season shot, but it won't be the change of direction that many want.
    I think giving him another year would just delay the inevitable. Ideal world we would go on a run, get promoted and then replace him ala Watford did when they went up.

I think giving him another year would just delay the inevitable. Ideal world we would go on a run, get promoted and then replace him ala Watford did when they went up.
    Watford change manager every couple of weeks don’t they?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Watford change manager every couple of weeks don’t they?
    Yeah but the point was they replaced there manager after promotion and it seemed to work, they had a decent run in the prem.

Yeah but the point was they replaced there manager after promotion and it seemed to work, they had a decent run in the prem.
    23 managers in 20 seasons

Warnock: came to us when we were at a low ebb, brought us initial success but lost his job when the team lost its way and reverted to a similar position to when he joined us.

Harris: Ditto

McCarthy: A probable ditto in the long-term.

Could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Warnock: came to us when we were at a low ebb, brought us initial success but lost his job when the team lost its way and reverted to a similar position to when he joined us.

Harris: Ditto

McCarthy: A probable ditto in the long-term.

Could be worse.
    This is what is nagging me. Rewind 12 months and we were in the play offs with everyone looking forward to a different future under Harris. After a while teams work you out and it becomes much tougher.
    MM is exceeding all my aspirations at the moment and I think a contract for next season has already been typed out.
    Is it the correct move for the club ?
    I still have my doubts and think bringing in a young potential manager to work withMick, might be the answer.
    Maybe Mick could become DOF ?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    23 managers in 20 seasons
    Yeah it's excessive to say the least but it also worked for a decent while. It all got a bit strange at the end.

The only thing getting promoted would achieve is a cash injection. If the past is anything to go by, we'd probably sign three players, get a couple of decent loans in and come straight back down with players we can't afford and the rest of the squad a year older.

Alongside the on field performances you have to also consider the honesty and reality of his comments.

There’s no delusion and misrepresentation as we had with Harris. Watching shite performances week after week & being told the team are playing well. Even Warnock sugar coated & deflected reality.

This is Cardiff City, we know a fall comes after a rise but MM is also proving this cynic wrong & im enjoying his interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Alongside the on field performances you have to also consider the honesty and reality of his comments.

There’s no delusion and misrepresentation as we had with Harris. Watching shite performances week after week & being told the team are playing well. Even Warnock sugar coated & deflected reality.

This is Cardiff City, we know a fall comes after a rise but MM is also proving this cynic wrong & im enjoying his interviews.
    But it's extremely easy to be honest when your side is going well. How do you use the media to manage tired players, players out of form, results not going well? Warnock usually pointed finger at the ref, Harris exaggerated positives...