+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dillon Phillips

Re: Dillon Phillips

I think McCarthy’s get out of jail free card is the fact that Smithies actually decided himself that he was too ill to carry on. It’s not as though he was dropped for one or two errors, taking umbrage after saving us many times. I’m sure Smithies, being the good pro that I assume he is, realises his illness prompted the change, not a perceived loss of form and understands Phillips grabbing his chance.

Clean sheet and two penalty saves. Also a great 1 on 1 save towards the end. Can’t fault him at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I think McCarthy’s get out of jail free card is the fact that Smithies actually decided himself that he was too ill to carry on. It’s not as though he was dropped for one or two errors, taking umbrage after saving us many times. I’m sure Smithies, being the good pro that I assume he is, realises his illness prompted the change, not a perceived loss of form and understands Phillips grabbing his chance.
    Also Smithies has shown before that he's prepared to bide his time and take his chance when it comes, top professional

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Also Smithies has shown before that he's prepared to bide his time and take his chance when it comes, top professional
    Both him and Etheridge were an absolute credit to themselves the way they conducted themselves.

I just read Phillips has faced 13 pens in his senior career, and saved 11 of them. That’s some stat

that is insane

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    that is insane
    Absolutely took the words out of my mouth. Simply incredible