+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lou Macari.

Lou Macari.

Never a fan of his as a manager, but he's a diamond when it comes to the important things in life.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1361759755870625794

Re: Lou Macari.

I was expecting an RIP then, that's a relief

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Never a fan of his as a manager, but he's a diamond when it comes to the important things in life.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1361759755870625794
    Fair play to him. That is fantastic.

Thanks for posting this 👍

What a brilliant thing to do.

Well done to him and what a great idea

start on a negative... kudos to the man

International

That is brilliant!!!

If anyone hasnt seen it there's a film titled 'Marvellous' involving Lou Macari which is worth a watch in this doom laden world.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marvellous/dp/B013D3WZLM

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    If anyone hasnt seen it there's a film titled 'Marvellous' involving Lou Macari which is worth a watch in this doom laden world.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marvellous/dp/B013D3WZLM
    Apparently, when he was manager of Swindon, he'd run the bollocks off his players, they wouldn't see a ball for a week, and that was during the season as well I remember being a kid, doing kit duty and Leigh Barnard whinging about the state of his boots, which i was supposed to keep clean. Len Ashurst was listening, and said to Barnard, in top scouse accent "Shut your whinging, ya little ****, or i'll send you back to Macari'

Thank you for sharing this story. I was friends with one of his sons growing up and remember being welcomed in to their house. Also we played headers and volleys with Lou at the local park, what a leap that guy had! My memory of him was as a warm and friendly guy, I was very much in awe of him as a famous footballer of course. Wonderful to see the work he’s been doing helping others less fortunate.

46 TV's please! He asked, he got. Good on him. Warm, dry and with an address that people can use, not just for the job centre.
    Good to see the family chippy near Man U is still going, too. Bought it for his mum and is still in the family. Last saw it 40 years ago when I went to see Man U v Villa with a guy I'm still in touch with.

I read that Lou Macari previously had personal tragedies which had an impact on his outlook and his wish to help others less fortunate, his mother died in suspicious circumstances and one of his sons, who had been on Forest's books, committed suicide. Hope he can continue with the good work he is doing for others.

That is fantastic.

Kudos to you Lou Macari, giving these people a sense of pride and belonging.
    Such a simple idea too.

What a heartwarming story. Well done, Lou. It just goes to show that it really is more blessed to give than receive.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Apparently, when he was manager of Swindon, he'd run the bollocks off his players, they wouldn't see a ball for a week, and that was during the season as well I remember being a kid, doing kit duty and Leigh Barnard whinging about the state of his boots, which i was supposed to keep clean. Len Ashurst was listening, and said to Barnard, in top scouse accent "Shut your whinging, ya little ****, or i'll send you back to Macari'
    I know Brian Hillier's (RIP, he was the chairman when they were promoted / relegated due to financial issues ) best mate, he used to take his lad down to watch them train ( occasionally the lad would join in as he was a good non-league payer who wanted to step up ) , you are right, Lou used to run them all week till they dropped, then they would play crap , so Lou would run them some more my mate will not hear a bad word said about Lou, nothing but 100% respect for him

Hillier served time i think, then went onto to try and get Calne town into the football league,