+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ref squares up to player, League One...

Re: Ref squares up to player, League One...

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Great respect to you for giving up your time for the kids

I feel I take more out of it, i enjoy taking them training, i love the match day feeling, i hate losing, but the high of winning is great and more than makes up for the lows of losing

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

I feel I take more out of it, i enjoy taking them training, i love the match day feeling, i hate losing, but the high of winning is great and more than makes up for the lows of losing
    I think I speak for everybody here when I ask if Cardiff City played your Girls Under 13's team in the Champions League final who would you want to win?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I think I speak for everybody here when I ask if Cardiff City played your Girls Under 13's team in the Champions League final who would you want to win?
    I am sure it was only you who thought that, but i thank you for it anyway

Hmmmm i could be the coach of a Champions league winning team, got to be my girls team but we would all be winners by just getting to the final

I am sure it was only you who thought that, but i thank you for it anyway

Hmmmm i could be the coach of a Champions league winning team, got to be my girls team but we would all be winners by just getting to the final
    So you've put personal glory ahead of the club

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    So you've put personal glory ahead of the club
    i am that shallow

When I finished playing I refereed for 2 seasons. Never again it wasn’t worth the abuse. I only did one kids match as a favour, it was horrendous, the kids were ok, the parents out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    When I finished playing I refereed for 2 seasons. Never again it wasn’t worth the abuse. I only did one kids match as a favour, it was horrendous, the kids were ok, the parents out of control.
    I reffed a U13 girls friendly last summer, it was our 1 and only friendly, the week before the start of the season, we were asked by a team from between Swindon & Oxford, so we drove to the playing fields outside swindon, the sports field was in a really rough arse place ( which should have set alarm bells ringing ) We helped set up the goals, the other team arrived and we knew instantly it was going to be a rough game, they looked like adults, they were massive big lumps, we agreed to Ref a 1/2 each, they went 1st and appeared to think the game was rugby, some of the tackles were well OTT, they had very little skill and were happy to kick lumps out of our players, the 2nd 1/2 i reffed and reffed fairly, a foul is a foul, a number of parents of the girls were way over the top, that was my last game i Reffed, we were due to play them again this season, i was glad the FA arranged a ref we didnt play them in the end as Covid stopped the league

I reffed a U13 girls friendly last summer, it was our 1 and only friendly, the week before the start of the season, we were asked by a team from between Swindon & Oxford, so we drove to the playing fields outside swindon, the sports field was in a really rough arse place ( which should have set alarm bells ringing ) We helped set up the goals, the other team arrived and we knew instantly it was going to be a rough game, they looked like adults, they were massive big lumps, we agreed to Ref a 1/2 each, they went 1st and appeared to think the game was rugby, some of the tackles were well OTT, they had very little skill and were happy to kick lumps out of our players, the 2nd 1/2 i reffed and reffed fairly, a foul is a foul, a number of parents of the girls were way over the top, that was my last game i Reffed, we were due to play them again this season, i was glad the FA arranged a ref we didnt play them in the end as Covid stopped the league
    I've reffed loads of games and have had so much abuse its unbelievable.

One coach marched on the pitch threatening me and the parents, mothers calling you a c***, kids calling you a f***ing cheat.

Its not worth the hassle, but like a mug every week I do it.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56366031

Probably did well to restrain himself as much as he did

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post

sorry. didn't notice this when i posted

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post

not a massive punishment, which is the way it should have been