+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lockdown - but who knows of people who are not obeying the rules?

Lockdown - but who knows of people who are not obeying the rules?

Quick sample vote on such an intelligent Message Board - no names obviously - but are people aware of blatant parties, pub get togethers etc?

Re: Lockdown - but who knows of people who are not obeying the rules?

I know some who drive somewhere to exercise, and single people who have more than 1 support bubble. As for parties or larger gatherings, then no.

International

No pubs or parties but the amount of traffic on the road for lockdown is silly. I was driving in the valleys this sunday and last and there was a lot of traffic. Where the f**k everyone was going is beyond me.
    I was out late on friday and sunday night too and there were cars going everywhere, but where?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    No pubs or parties but the amount of traffic on the road for lockdown is silly. I was driving in the valleys this sunday and last and there was a lot of traffic. Where the f**k everyone was going is beyond me.
    I was out late on friday and sunday night too and there were cars going everywhere, but where?
    I hope your journeys were essential too.

Don’t know people having gatherings personally but heard of people doing it, the type that think they know it all. Clowns basically.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Don’t know people having gatherings personally but heard of people doing it, the type that think they know it all. Clowns basically.

It’s a circus out there

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I hope your journeys were essential too.
    More than just essential.

My mother too-ing and fro-ing back and forth to Swansea to see her idiot boyfriend (and him going to her house) and yet she keeps complaining about how long this thing is dragging on!! We’ve tried telling her, but she won’t listen.
    My sister has neighbours who’ve always got loads of cars outside their house.

Everyone in a supermarket

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Quick sample vote on such an intelligent Message Board - no names obviously - but are people aware of blatant parties, pub get togethers etc?
    I don't know of any , it is winter though so that is curtailing the garden parties

Don't know of many breaking the rules but loads not following the social distancing advice. Having a chat in the street standing less than a foot from one another. Same with people in bus shelters sat right next to complete strangers, almost all not wearing a facemask.

You were part of that traffic. Perhaps each and every one of them was thinking the same as you..

My answer to the OP is no one, but, as someone who has restricted car trips to the weekly shop (with the occasional additional journey for what I deem to be essential shopping) and medical appointments, I'm also struck by how much traffic there is around the Treorchy area - far more than in the spring.

Football fans are most probably, because of the behind closed doors situation, the largest group of people inadvertently obeying the rules. The drop in the number of people we’re coming into contact with has dropped dramatically, packed pubs for a pre match pint, queuing outside the ground, being part of the throng milling around the concourses, then sat in the stadium perhaps grabbing each other after a goal has been scored, shuffling along in the crowd leaving the stadium, if you catch the football bus back into town there’s very often about 200 passengers on the bus, then a pint in town among the Saturday night crowd. Away trips spending hours on end in a 50 odd seat capsule there and back. The number of people I’ve mixed with since the restrictions has reduced astronomically since the crowd restrictions, would be interesting for some clever bugger to come up with the difference in the numbers the average football fan has come into contact with before and after,

A freind of mine used to come over and sit in our yard during the summer and into the autumn. We'd have a couple of drinks and a chat. He claimed that he was being good and we were the only people he was seeing, but every time he came over he'd let something slip that he'd seen this one and that one. It was fine at the time, because we wouldn't let him inside and we social distanced when we were outside. Anyway, we stopped going outside probably in late November and we haven't been him since. But we did hear that he got the Covid and that his symptoms were minor. He had dinner plans with someone that he didn't want to break so he got a "20 minute test" which came back negative, so he went for dinner and got a regular test the next day which ended up being positive.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    A freind of mine used to come over and sit in our yard during the summer and into the autumn. We'd have a couple of drinks and a chat. He claimed that he was being good and we were the only people he was seeing, but every time he came over he'd let something slip that he'd seen this one and that one. It was fine at the time, because we wouldn't let him inside and we social distanced when we were outside. Anyway, we stopped going outside probably in late November and we haven't been him since. But we did hear that he got the Covid and that his symptoms were minor. He had dinner plans with someone that he didn't want to break so he got a "20 minute test" which came back negative, so he went for dinner and got a regular test the next day which ended up being positive.
    Moral of the story.....stay away from the person he went to dinner with

Oh, and I saw a supermarket full of Hasidic Jews in Brooklyn last week. Men, women and children and not one of them was wearing a mask.

Oh, and I saw a supermarket full of Hasidic Jews in Brooklyn last week. Men, women and children and not one of them was wearing a mask.
    Any alkaline ones there?

Full!!!! Must have been thousands of them if it was one of the aircraft hangar like Kroger’s

This morning two people were coming towards each other. When they stopped to chat both people took their masks off.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You were part of that traffic. Perhaps each and every one of them was thinking the same as you..
    Maybe but I was in a works vehicle and safe in the knowledge of my own righteousness. (Have we got a halo smiley Mike? )
    Most of the people running about on both the last Sundays were families or couples running around in their private cars. Outrageous!!!

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My answer to the OP is no one, but, as someone who has restricted car trips to the weekly shop (with the occasional additional journey for what I deem to be essential shopping) and medical appointments, I'm also struck by how much traffic there is around the Treorchy area - far more than in the spring.
    I agree and that point that it is much more than the first lockdown is the point I think. The areas I have seen are Newport, Pontypridd, Ebbw Vale, Merthyr, Rhymney, Aberdare/moumtain Ash, Cardiff, and the A470 and heads roads on general, all have lots of traffic.
    In fact in Cardiff where I live the main road (Western Ave) was busier on Saturday than it was all the rest of the week.

I agree and that point that it is much more than the first lockdown is the point I think. The areas I have seen are Newport, Pontypridd, Ebbw Vale, Merthyr, Rhymney, Aberdare/moumtain Ash, Cardiff, and the A470 and heads roads on general, all have lots of traffic.
    In fact in Cardiff where I live the main road (Western Ave) was busier on Saturday than it was all the rest of the week.
    Not surprised it was busier Saturday. If you are working from home all week or home schooling then Saturday would be an opportunity to get out the house at least.....weekends are busier in the roads at mo

In answer to the OP: no, I can honestly say I don't know anyone who is not obeying the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Full!!!! Must have been thousands of them if it was one of the aircraft hangar like Kroger’s
    It wasn't one of those giant one's. it was on Flushing Avenue. There were probably 50 people in plain sight.