+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 4 - 0 PRESTON N.E. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 4 - 0 PRESTON N.E. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    If we beat Bournemouth we will go 6th
    if we win by 1 do we still go above them?

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    if we win by 1 do we still go above them?
    yes. a one goal win for us will see both sides on same GD but we have scored more

I love how the players who have started because of injuries have played so well, it would be unfair to drop them. Murphy especially, also Phillips, even Pack has been solid. Add to that the youngsters who have pushed on, we have true depth in the squad.

We seem to have added to the squad with 'new' signings who we had more or less given up on. Enjoyed today and missed the atmosphere that performance would have created.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Sound but no picture Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Barnsley can go above us if they win their game in hand. So that was a good result against a good team.

Preston have a very good away record and were taken apart today.
    Barnsley lost three games in a row before playing us. They were almost as out of form as we were at the time. Preston do have a really good away form but were 13th before today with bottom half form overall.

We would have to say Millwall were getting hotter and Rotherham were on fire when we played them, but still a midtable and relegation challenged side the latter with injury concerns.

F** me can’t people just accept City won and were the better team without dismissing the opposition as crap.. just sit back and enjoy the time in the sun.

Looks like game is on what a turnaround of a season, incredible job Sir Mick .

Re: CARDIFF CITY v PRESTON N.E. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Actually, the commentators just reminded me we missed two in succession against Wolves.
    While that's similar, the ball did get cleared etc. 6 touches of the ball, two to concede pens/draw contact, two to strike the ball and two saves! I've never seen anything like it. I've seen the second one scored but both saved? Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    No doubt you are serious play off contenders. In just three weeks you’ve gone from talking about relegation to now rapidly closing in on the top six. Unfortunately for us 5th and 6th are up for grabs. We were well beaten by Boro and caused them very few problems.
    No excuses. Only three players out injured. For the first time this season I am now doubting us making the play offs.
    What a strange turn around,you were looking so good.
    Whats gone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Looks like game is on what a turnaround of a season, incredible job Sir Mick .
    Moggis has done a remarkable job, will he still keep his job running this board? Three cheers for MM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    F** me can’t people just accept City won and were the better team without dismissing the opposition as crap.. just sit back and enjoy the time in the sun.
    It was a good result all players looked solid.
    Well done the players and well done Mick

I dont often do it but I've had a look on the PNE forum. Rightly so they are scathing of their lot, but I cant see one post where they give us any credit for our performance. One even goes as far as to say that they've been stuffed by a pub team. It give me a laugh for 5 minutes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    What a strange turn around,you were looking so good.
    Whats gone wrong.
    Our key players are not playing well Joao, Olise and Ejaria are all being crowded out by opponents. We miss Swift and Meite. Swift’s ability to pick out a pass is exceptional .Meite has a presence and a physicality that makes life difficult for defenders.
    Its also a gruelling season with games coming thick and fast and our small squad is now struggling.We didn’t sign.anyone in January because of FFP

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Our key players are not playing well Joao, Olise and Ejaria are all being crowded out by opponents. We miss Swift and Meite. Swift’s ability to pick out a pass is exceptional .Meite has a presence and a physicality that makes life difficult for defenders.
    Its also a gruelling season with games coming thick and fast and our small squad is now struggling.We didn’t sign.anyone in January because of FFP
    The games coming so fast are going to affect a lot of teams with small squads.
    It is ruthless for sure,

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    There's a strange tendency on here to call every team we beat crap rather than give the team credit, even when we go up its because the quality was poor that season

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Try this one

And again (****ing ads :-(

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    just tried the link and it worked ok. it goes to Sky's website

Harry's tackle

Murphy's knees strapped up like a mummy's and he does a slide celebration!

You can hear Mick... "Go on Sparky, go on sparky"

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Barnsley lost three games in a row before playing us. They were almost as out of form as we were at the time. Preston do have a really good away form but were 13th before today with bottom half form overall.

We would have to say Millwall were getting hotter and Rotherham were on fire when we played them, but still a midtable and relegation challenged side the latter with injury concerns.
    Maybe so we couldn't even beat the poorer teams previously. It's a hell of a turn around.

A lot of graft and more flair than we have become used too. It was good to watch. Well done City.
    And made even better by two penalty saves!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    And again (****ing ads :-(

Murphy took his goal well, when he's confident and up for it he's our best winger by far.