+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 4 - 0 PRESTON N.E. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v PRESTON N.E. Match thread

Feels like spring in London, sat on the balcony in the sun (sort of) with a couple beers and the city on the radio netting four and having two penalties saved. As pleasant an afternoon as you could have in lockdown. Credit to the team and McCarthy.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    That's my 3-0 prediction done in. Now I want 5.
    that's my prediction tho

Very helpful for our goal difference, especially as things are pretty tight. Stoke, Barnsley and Middlesborough all winning at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    This is great to see, the confidence Mick has instilled in the players is unreal. What a master stroke and fair play to whoever got him in
    They really gave up on Harris and he gave up on them. I wonder what happened.

International

QPR just scored again. 2-1

QPR 2 - 1 Bournemouth

Why don't the commentators learn you can only make substitutions up to three times in a half.

David Hughes is spot on in commentary when he says fans would love to be there watching this team performance

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Seen penalties re-taken but this was two separate incidents. Incredible
    It's just like playing Wolves (Hoilett, Madine).

(Just seen all the other posts saying the same!)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    QPR 2 - 1 Bournemouth
    Wow...what a day!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They really gave up on Harris and he gave up on them. I wonder what happened.
    Not sure mate but whatever big Mick is doing they've bought into 100%

The wurzels and the jacks losing too.

FT 4-0

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 4 - 0 PRESTON N.E. Match thread

An almost perfect performance from all players involved today.

wow...we suddenly have a great time well done mm

Fantastic effort Mick McCarthy and his merry men!

Great display. Good finishing and clinical.
    Solid at the back although Flint gave away a penalty and could have given a second a few minutes later.

4-0. Mick has them hustling, solid enough at the back and expressing themselves at the other end.

On to Bournemouth where a win could take us into the playoffs. Who would have thought that 7 games ago? A world away from the lost souls who looked as though they couldn't be bothered under Harris.

Murphy's resurgence could be like a new signing if he keeps going the way he has since Mick's arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Great display. Good finishing and clinical.
    Solid at the back although Flint gave away a penalty and could have given a second a few minutes later.

4-0. Mick has them hustling, solid enough at the back and expressing themselves at the other end.

On to Bournemouth where a win could take us into the playoffs. Who would have thought that 7 games ago? A world away from the lost souls who looked as though they couldn't be bothered under Harris.

Murphy's resurgence could be like a new signing if he keeps going the way he has since Mick's arrival.

The mojo is well and truly back. What a fantastic afternoon. Just such a shame we couldnt be there. Disco time in the Canton.

International

I said it before but for me one of the good things is the 4 goals coming from 4 different players, 4 different places in the team. It gives those who don't usually score more confidence and makes them more competitive but more than that it gives the team your playing next more things to worry about, and more options to try and cover. And that cannot be bad

The next 2 games are critical!!

MM talked about bringing smiles back to players' and fans' faces when he joined and think it's fair to say he's done that. Some really excellent goals and knocking it around with high confidence.

A note of caution though, I still don't think we've played anyone all that since he's arrived and the run of games between now and Sheffield Wednesday on 5th of April are going to be tougher. With Derby and Forest are both at least top ten clubs over the past ten, eight and six games, and despite Derby having dropped out of top ten over past four games, Huddersfield appear to be the sole outlier at the moment. This period of time will tell us a lot more about who we are under MM.

Fantastic performance. Wish I was back in the canton stand!

No one wants to play us.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    MM talked about bringing smiles back to players' and fans' faces when he joined and think it's fair to say he's done that. Some really excellent goals and knocking it around with high confidence.

A note of caution though, I still don't think we've played anyone all that since he's arrived and the run of games between now and Sheffield Wednesday on 5th of April are going to be tougher. With Derby and Forest are both at least top ten clubs over the past ten, eight and six games, and despite Derby having dropped out of top ten over past four games, Huddersfield appear to be the sole outlier at the moment. This period of time will tell us a lot more about who we are under MM.
    Barnsley can go above us if they win their game in hand. So that was a good result against a good team.

Preston have a very good away record and were taken apart today.

If we beat Bournemouth we will go 6th

No doubt you are serious play off contenders. In just three weeks you’ve gone from talking about relegation to now rapidly closing in on the top six. Unfortunately for us 5th and 6th are up for grabs. We were well beaten by Boro and caused them very few problems.
    No excuses. Only three players out injured. For the first time this season I am now doubting us making the play offs.