+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bolton won tonight with four Welsh players in their starting line up.

Bolton won tonight with four Welsh players in their starting line up.

I think it unlikely that many other league teams do that.
    And they won with Declan John scoring one of their three.

Re: Bolton won tonight with four Welsh players in their starting line up.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Just checked the other three, so that’s
    Declan John
    Lloyd Isgrove
    Gethin Jones and
    Jordan Williams.

All four players were fairly highly tipped to be future players for Wales but clearly it hasn’t worked out that way for them. Makes you wonder who of our current crop of promising youngsters won’t ever go on to achieve much. I suppose the obvious shout is Ben Woodburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    Declan John
    Lloyd Isgrove
    Gethin Jones and
    Jordan Williams.

All four players were fairly highly tipped to be future players for Wales but clearly it hasn’t worked out that way for them. Makes you wonder who of our current crop of promising youngsters won’t ever go on to achieve much. I suppose the obvious shout is Ben Woodburn.
    David Brooks is spending too much time on the bench for Bournemouth lately I notice (Mepham was a sub for them last night as well), Joe Morrell's played very few matches for Luton, don't know what's happened to Norrington-Davies, all of the problems Bale's been having (although he looked more lively when he came on against Man City) and I don't think Rambo played any part for Juve last night - looks like we shouldn't expect too much from Wales if the Euros go ahead this summer,

Hasn't Stoke got a few Welsh lads.

Bring them all home I say, I wonder what the team spirit would be like with a lot of young Welsh lads supplemented with a few old Welsh warhourses such as Joe Allen etc

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    David Brooks is spending too much time on the bench for Bournemouth lately I notice (Mepham was a sub for them last night as well), Joe Morrell's played very few matches for Luton, don't know what's happened to Norrington-Davies, all of the problems Bale's been having (although he looked more lively when he came on against Man City) and I don't think Rambo played any part for Juve last night - looks like we shouldn't expect too much from Wales if the Euros go ahead this summer,
    Juventus scored just after Rambo came on . The commentator did say they would be more attacking after he came on . They almost stole the draw in the last few moments .

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    Declan John - 25 years old
    Lloyd Isgrove - 28 years old
    Gethin Jones - 25 years old
    Jordan Williams - 25 years old

All four players were fairly highly tipped to be future players for Wales but clearly it hasn’t worked out that way for them. Makes you wonder who of our current crop of promising youngsters won’t ever go on to achieve much. I suppose the obvious shout is Ben Woodburn - 21 years old.
    Kieffer Moore was only just starting to score goals by age of 25!! They certainly have a long way to go to make it back to the levels we thought they might reach but stranger things have happened. Regan Poole has been picked up by Lincoln (top of League One) so that's one to get hopeful for again.

Norrington-Davies was playing regularly for Luton, went to Stoke (still on loan) and picked up a suspension. Have lost track since.

Think players struggling with injury/struggling to get game time is a cause for concern for the huge games in March moreso than the Euros. As long as they come back for couple of months towards end of the season they might benefit from playing a shorter season compared to some others playing almost three times a week, but reaching for that straw also shows we should have expectations in check.

With all the league fixtures currently, do we really want Wilson, Moore and Vaulks potentially playing 3 international games in late March? For myself as a City fan far ahead of being a Wales supporter, I say a resounding “no”.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    With all the league fixtures currently, do we really want Wilson, Moore and Vaulks potentially playing 3 international games in late March? For myself as a City fan far ahead of being a Wales supporter, I say a resounding “no”.
    Thats a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Juventus scored just after Rambo came on . The commentator did say they would be more attacking after he came on . They almost stole the draw in the last few moments .
    I was watching Bournemouth last night and only had a look at the line up for the Juve game. I must have missed Rambo's name, because I was convinced that he wasn't in their squad.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    He scored .....

How did we let him go ?

Someone at the club must be held to account for letting all these footballers that can score goals leave .

How much did we get for him?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was watching Bournemouth last night and only had a look at the line up for the Juve game. I must have missed Rambo's name, because I was convinced that he wasn't in their squad.
    I knew I heard the commentator saying they would improve when Ramsey came on, but I had to check

44 Kulusevski Substituted for Ramsey at 77'minutes