+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Facebook In Charge Now

Is Facebook In Charge Now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-56109036

Ooooo Facebook Australia: PM Scott Morrison 'will not be intimidated' by tech giant, wheres Nick Glegg in all this

Re: Is Facebook In Charge Now

Australian news sites are demanding Facebook pay money for letting those sites and their users being able to promote their content on Facebook.

In those circumstances, Facebook is well within their rights to say no and to block that ability.

The sites’ whole argument was that Facebook got more value out of that transaction than they did, and thus were ‘stealing’ content.

Facebook has, in effect, said: fine – we’ll stop.

https://twitter.com/jamesrbuk/status...51328244506624
    Morrison’s shambolic handling of Facebook demonstrates the perils of enlisting Murdoch to co-design media policy. If we want strong diverse media we need comprehensive policy guided by best evidence. Senate Inquiry on #MurdochRoyalCommission starts Friday.

https://twitter.com/MrKRudd/status/1362177512361484289
    Not going to pretend I understand it but sounds like there is more to it.

All part of the systematic takedown of western countries , including their democratic representation.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Ooooo Facebook Australia: PM Scott Morrison 'will not be intimidated' by tech giant, wheres Nick Glegg in all this
    If we lost Facebook tomorrow the world would be a better place, as with most social media.

I'm livid in fact I'm really pissed off.

What do you mean "Is Facebook in charge now?". They've been in charge for quite a long time....

This "news aggregator" thing has always been a mind bender. If you were to print a newspaper in which you simple reprinted articles from other publications you would clearly be in copyright violation, unless you paid them for the right to re-publish their work. News aggregation sites do much the same thing through links, as do search engines. And yet . . . it's a little different. Mind bender.

Bottom line for me: Yes, if the information you link to brings you commercial profit, then you should probably share that profit with the creators of the content.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyscoular View Post
    This "news aggregator" thing has always been a mind bender. If you were to print a newspaper in which you simple reprinted articles from other publications you would clearly be in copyright violation, unless you paid them for the right to re-publish their work. News aggregation sites do much the same thing through links, as do search engines. And yet . . . it's a little different. Mind bender.

Bottom line for me: Yes, if the information you link to brings you commercial profit, then you should probably share that profit with the creators of the content.
    Or stop doing it? Which is, of course, what they have done... in a highly disorganised way that hits out at ordinary Australians, apparently.

We are now part of a techno fascist society, the neo liberal eiltes have no intention of giving up power while they destroy the people of the west like they destroyed middle east.

every main political party is bankrupt we are at war with the establishment.

Those techno fascist neo liberal elites, what will they get up to next?

I wonder what Facebook / Google would do if the Australian Pm banned their platforms and stopped anyone accessing them in anyway from Australia.

if you dont have a fb account then no... i stopped years ago
    and anything that requires a log in through fb can feck right off

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    if you dont have a fb account then no... i stopped years ago
    and anything that requires a log in through fb can feck right off
    Yep - I been off FB for a couple of years now can't say I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by robjohn44 View Post
    We are now part of a techno fascist society, the neo liberal eiltes have no intention of giving up power while they destroy the people of the west like they destroyed middle east.

Neo Lib's ??

That explains why they onboarded old Heil Clegg .

Love it if the Aussies banned their platform all together to see which way Facebook jumped.

Aussies will have to watch the telly now for there news
    with a few tinnies at hand , ready to chuck em around when the Pommies appear .

Neo Lib's ??

That explains why they onboarded old Heil Clegg .

Love it if the Aussies banned their platform all together to see which way Facebook jumped.

Aussies will have to watch the telly now for there news
    with a few tinnies at hand , ready to chuck em around when the Pommies appear .
    Come on HerbertHuw, I know you are trying to curry favour with a new (let's face facts and old) prophet but surely he considers the Aussie PM taking a stand against Facebook as a leader of a main political party that is bankrupt and part of the establishment he is at war with!

Looks like you are going to have to try harder to become a trusted disciple. Shame because Heil Clegg (Hail Clegg?) was a promising start.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Yep - I been off FB for a couple of years now can't say I missed it.
    Yes not a good platform , lot of folk are like your good-self , social media platform can be dreadful , full of hatred and nasty comments, misinterpretation, its very weird to say the least .

Yes not a good platform , lot of folk are like your good-self , social media platform can be dreadful , full of hatred and nasty comments, misinterpretation, its very weird to say the least .
    Presumably the fact that you attached Nazi connotations to a former leader of the Liberal Democrats shortly before bemoaning nasty comments on social media just sailed right over your head.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Presumably the fact that you attached Nazi connotations to a former leader of the Liberal Democrats shortly before bemoaning nasty comments on social media just sailed right over your head.
    Hasn't he said numerous times that he's never voted for the Tories... That means he either voted for Clegg or for Milliband in 2015

This is rich coming from you isn’t it? You’re a genuine bigot ffs

Quote Originally Posted by robjohn44 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    All part of the systematic takedown of western countries , including their democratic representation.
    The learning only from 4chan and YouTube lot are off I see

Both of them are Wales-bales I think, robjohn’s post history is amazing not one post about football.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hasn't he said numerous times that he's never voted for the Tories... That means he either voted for Clegg or for Milliband in 2015
    Well we only have previous views on Herr Clegg to go on I suppose.

Most Liberals do cone accross haldane decent , Clegg, Cable ,Daley, Lamb, Morgan and the next leader hopefully Jo Swinson.
    I also felt Clegg was a good politician and a decent man , but broken by a ruthless Tory machine, took some balls to do what he did , I wonder where we would be if it had been a lib lab pact
    I liked Clegg(both of them )think he was a decent man ,wonder if he would take on a role to do a last of the summer wine repise
    I liked Clegg, he's better that the current sitting MP in behavour terms

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Both of them are Wales-bales I think, robjohn’s post history is amazing not one post about football.
    To be fair old Robbie did out himself as a multi in record time by failing to log back in under one of his other identities when agreeing with himself!

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...92#post5118892

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Well we only have previous views on Herr Clegg to go on I suppose.
    Hahahahahaha! He said that he likes a nazi!!!!