+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Covid Vaccination Or No Job

Covid Vaccination Or No Job

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55654229

He says "rewrite all of its workers' contracts to require them to be vaccinated against coronavirus."

Pimlico Plumbers chairman Charlie Mullins said it was "a no-brainer" that workers should get the jab.

If they do not want to comply with the policy, it will be decided on a case-by-case basis whether they are kept on, he said.

First Team

Re: Covid Vaccination Or No Job

Solicitors are salivating at the thought of those fees for the employment tribunal hearings.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Solicitors are salivating at the thought of those fees for the employment tribunal hearings.

I bet I think he's said this to activate debate and sell his product, what does worry me are reports that a third of are Care Workers have not taken it up?? And suspect there will be NHS potentially refusing on some grounds, trouble we have I guees so elderly or vulnerable cannot have the vaccine due to specific health reasons ?

Difficult and sensitive one.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    The scheme will be for new employees not existing ones, so I think they can stop salivating.

I do not really understand the concern about people not wanting the vaccine.
    The huge majority of people want it, and are still waiting for it. Just offer it to everybody who wants it and we will more than easily hit herd immunity. if 5% of the population do not want it it really will not make a difference in the grand scheme of things so let them carry on with their beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55654229

He says "rewrite all of its workers' contracts to require them to be vaccinated against coronavirus."

Pimlico Plumbers chairman Charlie Mullins said it was "a no-brainer" that workers should get the jab.

If they do not want to comply with the policy, it will be decided on a case-by-case basis whether they are kept on, he said.
    Isn’t this old news?

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I do not really understand the concern about people not wanting the vaccine.
    The huge majority of people want it, and are still waiting for it. Just offer it to everybody who wants it and we will more than easily hit herd immunity. if 5% of the population do not want it it really will not make a difference in the grand scheme of things so let them carry on with their beliefs.
    I saw a news program a few weeks ago that said they think that about 20% does not want a vaccine,the expert said that the 20 % will mean the virus could mutate and that would be a issue for vaccines not working

I think the story with the plumbing company, was that he didn't think it was right for his plumbers to be visiting people's houses, if they hadn't been vaccinated, and you can sort of see his point. It's been blown up into a 'if you haven't been jabbed, we won't employ you', when that's not what he meant.