+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lfw Has a message for you all

Lfw Has a message for you all

Re: Lfw Has a message for you all

Good read that, still the answer to many a question on here to this day along with 5. Ian Rush.

Wonderful character of the game

Yes, a good read indeed. One of the line of "characters" who played for City. The comment about his head being shaped like a 50p piece always sticks with me - you could never be sure where his headers would end up! Seems like he has a very worthwhile job since leaving footballing behind - good on him.

Now out of the game, Fortune-West has settled in Sheffield, where he works in social services, assessing elderly people to ensure they can manage at home.

Leo was a great guy ( i guess he still is ) always happy to shake your hand and do the ayatollah

I don't think anyone meant Leo any disrespect but I remember he did often bear the brunt of a few jokes.

He was an awkward ungainly centre forward and was frustrating as hell to watch at times.
    Then he'd have a stormer next game where a team just couldn't handle him.

"Leo do the Leo" where he would have his hands in the air waiting to receive a corner.

Always seemed a nice guy and it looks like he still is.
    Some nice words about us in that piece.

Last time we played Sheff Ud away, in the promotion year when Pilkington scored the injury time equaliser, he was in the away stand with his son. Really friendly with everyone who approached him and responded to the "Do the Leo"! His new career looks perfectly in keeping with his character.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Leo was a great guy ( i guess he still is ) always happy to shake your hand and do the ayatollah
    That explains the 50p shaped head.

He seems like a pretty bright bloke, when l've heard him speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He seems like a pretty bright bloke, when l've heard him speak.
    I suppose it's difficult to get that impression when he is silent

I can remember hearing we were looking to sign Leo and thinking please no, but I warmed to him and I recall him scoring some very good goals coming in from the left wing where Lennie Lawrence used to play him sometimes. So many people say that he was a really nice bloke that it must be true.

Nice read that, but I’m sure Leo is thinking of Lincoln or Hartlepool, not Leyton Orient - there was that mad week where we were losing 2-1 going into added time against Lincoln on the Tuesday and then it was the same against Hartlepool on the Saturday, yet we won both matches 3-2!

Who could forget his hat trick at York to get us promoted in 2001
    1_2001Leo-York.jpg

Some happy memories of that team, probably turn of the century onwards is when I can fully remember some of our teams and results etc.

Very good player for us and played his part in 2 promotions.