Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: There’s some crap teams in this league

Re: There’s some crap teams in this league

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    You could have included us in that list only a month ago
    Quite 😱

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Thats why Huddersfield have just smashed Swansea 4-1 then, utter crap. Barnsley beat Brentford away in the week. Coventry beat Brentford today as well
    I agree with you - for once.

I love the championship .
    Should we , somehow get promoted. We wont be winning 5 in a row , maybe 5 in the season

Who knows under magic Mick???

I think the OP might have something here, and it's not just in the Championship. I think most of the four divisions have a group of seven of eight teams towards the top end, who should beat all the others on a regular basis. The rest of them are fighting amongst themselves, and are all much of a muchness.
    As for us, Warnock was right - he left us with a top six side. It's just taken two managers and a couple of seasons, to figure out how to get the team to play properly.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Thats why Huddersfield have just smashed Swansea 4-1 then, utter crap. Barnsley beat Brentford away in the week. Coventry beat Brentford today as well
    Classic championship stuff....what a league it is

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I think the OP might have something here, and it's not just in the Championship. I think most of the four divisions have a group of seven of eight teams towards the top end, who should beat all the others on a regular basis. The rest of them are fighting amongst themselves, and are all much of a muchness.
    As for us, Warnock was right - he left us with a top six side. It's just taken two managers and a couple of seasons, to figure out how to get the team to play properly.
    Hasn’t football always been like this? The teams occupying the higher places beating the teams lower than them, that’s how league tables work surely. Although this season there does seem to be the odd result upsetting the applecart, the better teams are obviously still at the top end with the most points but there’s definitely been more ‘shock’ results than normal this season or am I just imagining it?

There are four teams going for automatic promotion in the Championship and another six or seven with a realistic shot at the play-offs.

Nonsense. I’m not having Warnock taking any credit. We got top six last season thanks to Harris getting a tune out of Lee Tomlin, somebody cast into the wilderness by Warnock.

If we get into top six this season it will be down to the signing of Kiefer Moore. Half the team is made up of players signed after Warnock left and players Warnock didn’t play / trust.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Nonsense. I’m not having Warnock taking any credit. We got top six last season thanks to Harris getting a tune out of Lee Tomlin, somebody cast into the wilderness by Warnock.

If we get into top six this season it will be down to the signing of Kiefer Moore. Half the team is made up of players signed after Warnock left and players Warnock didn’t play / trust.
    Have to agree with this. Moore and Wilson have really added something different we never had under Warnock.

Interesting question, had we signed Moore in the Premier League would we have stayed up?