+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Merseyside derby

Toffees 2 up

Carragher commentating too.
    Fabulous

Merseyside derby

Been too busy enjoying our success to post about this game but Liverpool v Everton is a good watch

Currently LFC 0 - 2 EFC

84 mins played

Re: Merseyside derby

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Been too busy enjoying our success to post about this game but Liverpool v Everton is a good watch

Currently LFC 0 - 2 EFC

84 mins played
    Liverpool be in for Magic Mick.

Liverpool been really poor but fair play to Everton.. Calvert Lewin has been brilliant since coming on. Richarlison great finish after a beautiful pass from Rodriguez.

Not lost 4 at home on the bounce since 1923 😮

Harsh penalty for Everton's second I thought. I enjoyed it though

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Currently LFC 0 - 2 EFC

84 mins played
    Beat you to it Mike

Are you listening to squeaky?
    "Never a penalty"

For some strange inexplicable reason, I always like to see Everton do well. I have no idea why. It might be because they're not Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Harsh penalty for Everton's second I thought. I enjoyed it though
    Clear pen for me, yes he was trying to get around him but Alexander Arnold flicks his leg at the ball and catches him.

You only need to watch Alexander Arnold's reaction to know it's a penalty.

Looking forward to Klopp’s comments after the game. He’s like a cartoon character at the moment, as Cpl Jones insisted “They don’t like it up ‘em”.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Clear pen for me, yes he was trying to get around him but Alexander Arnold flicks his leg at the ball and catches him.

You only need to watch Alexander Arnold's reaction to know it's a penalty.
    ^^^this

Also, he goes to ground and doesn't get the ball.
    Carragher is a clown.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    ^^^this

Also, he goes to ground and doesn't get the ball.
    Carragher is a clown.
    If that was Salah falling over Coleman's leg he would have 100% said it was a clear pen.

If that was Salah falling over Coleman's leg he would have 100% said it was a clear pen.
    You know it. Guaranteed

Half of Merseyside chucking themselves in the Mersey tonight. The other half walking on it! Good on Everton. My daughter's partner is rather pleased (Everton S/T holder).

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Half of Merseyside chucking themselves in the Mersey tonight. The other half walking on it! Good on Everton. My daughter's partner is rather pleased (Everton S/T holder).
    My son in law is gutted he always goes on about the City being crap.

Never mind the Mersey, they'll be gutted in Newport tonight.....and Exeter........Worcester etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Never mind the Mersey, they'll be gutted in Newport tonight.....and Exeter........Worcester etc.
    Half of Cardiff too sadly, bastards

Just watching MOTD day now. Anybody else noticed the physical similarities between Richarlison and our own Jay Bothroyd ? They even have that same languid movement when they run with the ball. It's a pity Jay changed after being capped by England. Still, one of the finest centre forwards we've ever had.

wouldn't argue too much with that moody blue tho i wouldn't agree his downfall with us went down hill after his England cap

along with Carl Dale the best 2 forwards I,ve seen in a city shirt in my following of the city . Chopra in his prime comes very close

always raises an eye brow with me the adulation of Peter Thorne when we talk about great city forwards in the last 30 years .He was nowhere near Jay Bothroyd .

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    wouldn't argue too much with that moody blue tho i wouldn't agree his downfall with us went down hill after his England cap

along with Carl Dale the best 2 forwards I,ve seen in a city shirt in my following of the city . Chopra in his prime comes very close

always raises an eye brow with me the adulation of Peter Thorne when we talk about great city forwards in the last 30 years .He was nowhere near Jay Bothroyd .
    Very true Mozzer, Jay turned into a truly exceptional footballer under DJ's guidance.

Not sure if you're old enough to have seen Toshack play, but he was so good in the air there was not a centre half in the division at the time who could outjump him. If a ball came into the box at head height you were almost celebrating a goal before it hit the back if the net. He was that good.

a bit too young to witness Toshack in a city shirt . Obviously his days with Liverpool is etched in my mind in the 70's

Salah brutally tripped by fresh air...