+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There’s some crap teams in this league

There’s some crap teams in this league

Preston , along with the likes of Coventry , Luton and Barnsley are so bad it’s unbelievable. I think I could have scored against any of them . As far as Preston are concerned, they wouldn’t look out of place over Pontcanna. I’m not joking, I could score from 12 yards out. I would sack the lot of them. It’s no good comparing Cardiff against these type of teams. Wait until this time next Saturday , then you’ll have an idea. Apart from the teams at the higher end of this league, the rest are garbage.

Re: There’s some crap teams in this league

You could have included us in that list only a month ago

Barnsley are far from crap

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Preston , along with the likes of Coventry , Luton and Barnsley are so bad it’s unbelievable. I think I could have scored against any of them . As far as Preston are concerned, they wouldn’t look out of place over Pontcanna. I’m not joking, I could score from 12 yards out. I would sack the lot of them. It’s no good comparing Cardiff against these type of teams. Wait until this time next Saturday , then you’ll have an idea. Apart from the teams at the higher end of this league, the rest are garbage.
    Thought Coventry looked pretty good against Brentford earlier.

Coventry play some nice football. They're just a bit soft-centered. PNE's attitude today was just crap. Most of them gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by Poolerblue View Post
    Barnsley are far from crap
    I was gonna say if they win their game in hand they are only a point behind Bournemouth.

Why are you singling out clubs with tiny wage budgets? Barnsley have a team of youngsters and play some really nice stuff, like us they are very much in the play off race. Weird post OP, makes you look clueless.

International

What is it with Cardiff City supporters?
    When ever we do well all the other teams ar crap.
    When we get promoted the league that year is particularly weak.

some people are nevr happy unless they're miserable

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Thats why Huddersfield have just smashed Swansea 4-1 then, utter crap. Barnsley beat Brentford away in the week. Coventry beat Brentford today as well

I'd say it's more hunger to win than being crap , how Preston beat Brentford at home 2-4 in October just shows how unpredictable this league is ,I'm mean Huddersfield beating jacks 4 -1 as wonderful that is doesn't make sense .

Preston have looked at the league and thought were relatively safe , no chance of play offs, whereas City fancy a chance at play offs, purely motivation and new manager kick on .

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    You could have included us in that list only a month ago
    Quite 😱

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Thats why Huddersfield have just smashed Swansea 4-1 then, utter crap. Barnsley beat Brentford away in the week. Coventry beat Brentford today as well
    I agree with you - for once.

I love the championship .
    Should we , somehow get promoted. We wont be winning 5 in a row , maybe 5 in the season

Who knows under magic Mick???

I think the OP might have something here, and it's not just in the Championship. I think most of the four divisions have a group of seven of eight teams towards the top end, who should beat all the others on a regular basis. The rest of them are fighting amongst themselves, and are all much of a muchness.
    As for us, Warnock was right - he left us with a top six side. It's just taken two managers and a couple of seasons, to figure out how to get the team to play properly.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Classic championship stuff....what a league it is

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I think the OP might have something here, and it's not just in the Championship. I think most of the four divisions have a group of seven of eight teams towards the top end, who should beat all the others on a regular basis. The rest of them are fighting amongst themselves, and are all much of a muchness.
    As for us, Warnock was right - he left us with a top six side. It's just taken two managers and a couple of seasons, to figure out how to get the team to play properly.
    Hasn’t football always been like this? The teams occupying the higher places beating the teams lower than them, that’s how league tables work surely. Although this season there does seem to be the odd result upsetting the applecart, the better teams are obviously still at the top end with the most points but there’s definitely been more ‘shock’ results than normal this season or am I just imagining it?

There are four teams going for automatic promotion in the Championship and another six or seven with a realistic shot at the play-offs.

Nonsense. I’m not having Warnock taking any credit. We got top six last season thanks to Harris getting a tune out of Lee Tomlin, somebody cast into the wilderness by Warnock.

If we get into top six this season it will be down to the signing of Kiefer Moore. Half the team is made up of players signed after Warnock left and players Warnock didn’t play / trust.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Nonsense. I’m not having Warnock taking any credit. We got top six last season thanks to Harris getting a tune out of Lee Tomlin, somebody cast into the wilderness by Warnock.

If we get into top six this season it will be down to the signing of Kiefer Moore. Half the team is made up of players signed after Warnock left and players Warnock didn’t play / trust.
    Have to agree with this. Moore and Wilson have really added something different we never had under Warnock.

Interesting question, had we signed Moore in the Premier League would we have stayed up?

I think the OP was on a fishing trip. Either way, as others have pointed out, much of what he said was rubbish.

As for Warnock leaving us with a top six squad, in the unlikely event of that being true, he proved to be totally incapable of getting the squad into that position and it needed his successor to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Have to agree with this. Moore and Wilson have really added something different we never had under Warnock.

Interesting question, had we signed Moore in the Premier League would we have stayed up?
    Yes, we would have probably have scraped 17th with a quality striker. We signed one. Something tragic happened.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Were we as good from set-pieces before Warnock arrived? Did we score as many goals late on which was a feature of Harris play-off side? Warnock brought in players with strong mentality and when that was no longer quite enough we started dropping down the league. He also spent a fabulous amount of money in that summer before he left trying to match Wycombe's style of surprise promotion.

Warnock's comments on this squad are ridiculous and should be challenged but he did bring in some good foundations that can be recognised also.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Were we as good from set-pieces before Warnock arrived? Did we score as many goals late on which was a feature of Harris play-off side? Warnock brought in players with strong mentality and when that was no longer quite enough we started dropping down the league. He also spent a fabulous amount of money in that summer before he left trying to match Wycombe's style of surprise promotion.

Warnock's comments on this squad are ridiculous and should be challenged but he did bring in some good foundations that can be recognised also.
    yes we have been good at set pieces for years, it isn't something that started with Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

Agreed. Warnock had plenty of faults but he also did some good things which people are quick to forget.

What has happened at Boro since he joined? I’m not saying that it is sustainable long term but the the weirdly lopsided criticism of Warnock on here is strange. Almost like he never got us promoted at all.