+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neil Harris...an appreciation thread

Re: Neil Harris...an appreciation thread

Wonder if any Leicester MBís had an appreciation thread for Nigel Pearson, after they won the Premier league? 😀

Maybe Harris should become a permanent scout for the City. He can certainly recognise potential even if he can’t always manage it on the playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Wonder if any Leicester MBís had an appreciation thread for Nigel Pearson, after they won the Premier league? 😀
    Definitely they all seriously think he was a big part in it. That season they were in the relegation zone under Pearson a lot seemed to think they were playing well enough to be no where near it.

He did sign most of that squad too, if his son hadnít filmed himself shagging and abusing a Thai prostitute pearson would still be there although Iím sure they wouldnít have won the league then.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    No shit sherlock
    Constipated cumberbatch!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Constipated cumberbatch!!!
    That sums Parker up perfectly 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Stop chatting shit Delm your the biggest cnut on here when it comes to pointing out spelling mistakes.
    Literally the only two times I've ever done it are this and that time with you. Never goes well mind

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Literally the only two times I've ever done it are this and that time with you. Never goes well mind
    😀

He seemed to be a nice bloke, and in his way open with the media and fans. He was the filling in a Warnock-Covid sandwich though.

But (along with David Livermore) he also appeared to be quite reactive and passive with the squad. No consistency. Did a good job bringing Tomlin into the fold, but not so good with others. Tactically conservative - tried a few things but if they didn't work he fell back on the tried and tested. Talked a good talk on coaching, but little evidence of it in club video clips, where he did a lot of watching from the sidelines.

Compare that to Mick McCarthy who does the straight and honest more convincingly, and without the Warnock ego. Will Vaulks was saying in his post Preston interview that MM didn't do the big 'clipboard manager' speech when he came in but got the squad straight out onto the training pitch, where he and TC are clearly hands-on coaches (skills, tactics and player motivation).

Neil Harris obviously has something to offer, and will probably get better as a manager with more experience, but he hit the buffers with us, and the change has been dramatic. It is one thing to talk about a clean sheet mentality, it is another to do the work with players to make that a reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Predictive text which I didn't bother to amend. Apologies.
    Wanted to say Michel Preudíhomme? Never played for us as far as I know

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    He seemed to be a nice bloke, and in his way open with the media and fans. He was the filling in a Warnock-Covid sandwich though.

But (along with David Livermore) he also appeared to be quite reactive and passive with the squad. No consistency. Did a good job bringing Tomlin into the fold, but not so good with others. Tactically conservative - tried a few things but if they didn't work he fell back on the tried and tested. Talked a good talk on coaching, but little evidence of it in club video clips, where he did a lot of watching from the sidelines.

Compare that to Mick McCarthy who does the straight and honest more convincingly, and without the Warnock ego. Will Vaulks was saying in his post Preston interview that MM didn't do the big 'clipboard manager' speech when he came in but got the squad straight out onto the training pitch, where he and TC are clearly hands-on coaches (skills, tactics and player motivation).

Neil Harris obviously has something to offer, and will probably get better as a manager with more experience, but he hit the buffers with us, and the change has been dramatic. It is one thing to talk about a clean sheet mentality, it is another to do the work with players to make that a reality!
    Nice summary, Jon.

I dont think NH had the credit he deserved in getting that team to the play-offs last year, especially where we were when he come in, but cant argue with this year. Its a results business and results just didnt go his way this year. Fair play to Mick, I was expecting Warnock Ball but the change in shape has been a pleasant surprise. Yes we are still direct but I dont think its hoofball. Still too early to be offering him a long term deal - we havent played any of the top sides yet - but it wouldnt be such a backward step I thought it was going to be should he been given another 2 years.