Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
Dan Air was a great airline. I used to fly Belfast to Newcastle and back once a month for about 2 1/2 years. The cabin crew knew all the regualr travellers and I could squeeze in 6 (free) minature gordons and tonic on the flight to Newcastle. I've actually landed with my drink in my hand because the hostess knew I hadn't finished it lol. The aircraft were all prop jobs so allegedly better at glidng in to land if the engines stopped

One morning the flight from Newcastle landed in fog and the Aldergrove International ground control couldn't find it. It turned out the pilot had put it down on a disused RAF strip about a mile way from the airport. They had to send buses to rescue the passengers. Thankfully I wasn't on that flight
I flew with Dan Air when i was 17. Not through choice though. Got completely off my tits in Benitses, Corfu and missed my Brittania airways flight back to Cardiff as i was wasted in departures with some other idiot. Stayed at Corfu Airport for 6 hours, could've been 6 days, i don't really know. Got offered a flight to Glasgow. Told them to **** off as Glasgow was the same distance from cardiff as Corfu is Went back to Benitses with no money, no clothes and no accomodation, didn't even tell my mother where i was. Slept on the beach for a week and met up with two lads from Naples, who were artists in the way of thieving and blagging.

Anyway, the Greek authorities got hold of us and put us on a Dan Air flight to Manchester. We were stinking, in shorts, T shirt and flip flops. Got to Manchester airport and ended up playing cards with some down and outs for those sweets, Skittles. At the Airport was a band called Candy Flip, i threw a skittle at him and he freaked out, one of the piss heads chinned him I shouldn't laugh.

Dan Air were very good!