+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: FT: BOURNEMOUTH 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: BOURNEMOUTH 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    We lost the ball cheaply twice and they attacked us.

If we would have SLOWLY walked up for the corner, MORE TIME WOULD HAVE BEEN WASTED.

I cannot stand this pissing about lark, play the frigging game
    Yeah, let's put the ball in the box and risk a counter attack

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

The ball ballooning into the stand would not have taken up more time with all the spare balls available!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yeah, let's put the ball in the box and risk a counter attack
    They did counter attack from our stupid short corner !!!!

Re: FT: AFC BOURNEMOUTH 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Sorry peeps, but for me it was spoilt in the last few minutes.

Great workman like performance from every player, but i'm a traditionalist. I cannot stand this short corner/free kick shit.

We would have wasted more time by taking a normal corner/free kick, with the added fact, that WE MAY HAVE SCORED.

Play the game boys please, this pissing around is futile AND BORING
    How can someone have wasted so much time watching football and know so little about it?

Re: FT: AFC BOURNEMOUTH 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    How can someone have wasted so much time watching football and know so little about it?
    How many times do you see these short corners taken, 4 or 5 players fight for the ball, ending with the ref giving a free kick to the defending team.

There's a difference between, running/taking the ball to the corners of the pitch (as Moore did, when he had no support), and pissing about taking short corners.

We never had one man in their box, so their attacking players stayed forward. Futile

We never had one man in their box, so their attacking players stayed forward. Futile
    That's the whole point. It's not just about wasting time, it's about giving the rest of the team - who've been under constant pressure - a breather.

Besides, it's a pointless risk. If we take a short corner and lose the ball, the 9 other players in our team are still in a good defensive shape. If we send the big boys up and whip the ball in, they have to sprint 60 yards back to chase the potential counter attack.

Is the reward of winning 3-1 bigger than the risk of drawing 2-2? No. So why take it.

Even if you disagree with me, I cannot comprehend how that's "spoilt" one of our best wins of the season for you.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    That's the whole point. It's not just about wasting time, it's about giving the rest of the team - who've been under constant pressure - a breather.

Besides, it's a pointless risk. If we take a short corner and lose the ball, the 9 other players in our team are still in a good defensive shape. If we send the big boys up and whip the ball in, they have to sprint 60 yards back to chase the potential counter attack.

Is the reward of winning 3-1 bigger than the risk of drawing 2-2? No. So why take it.

Even if you disagree with me, I cannot comprehend how that's "spoilt" one of our best wins of the season for you.
    spot on

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    spot on
    So you reckon I was the only person shouting "for f ucks sake" at the tele.

It doesn't waste any time and leaves their players further forward up the pitch.

I'll repeat, "when was the last time you witnessed a ref, giving the advantage to the attacking team, at one of these short corners"

So you reckon I was the only person shouting "for f ucks sake" at the tele.

It doesn't waste any time and leaves their players further forward up the pitch.

I'll repeat, "when was the last time you witnessed a ref, giving the advantage to the attacking team, at one of these short corners"
    I've seen attacking free kicks given after a defender goes in too hard to try and win the ball.

It's a totally rational tactic. Why on earth would you get so het up about it?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I've seen attacking free kicks given after a defender goes in too hard to try and win the ball.

It's a totally rational tactic. Why on earth would you get so het up about it?
    I'm not "het up", I just don't like it.

Between this and the offside that was a year onside last match bluetit just shows he prefers to have something to whinge about than enjoy.

I'm not "het up", I just don't like it.
    Shouting 'f*cks sake' at the telly, talking about it at length the following day.

Het up is putting it mildly

2021-02-24-bournemouth-cardiff.jpg

can clearly see the game of two halves there.
    when we were on top we were excellent though.
    we didn't register a shot after the subs came on, but were able to cling on

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Shouting 'f*cks sake' at the telly, talking about it AT LENGTH the following day.

Het up is putting it mildly

I only made my opinion known, then I'm being polite and replying to people. So it's people talking about it at length, not me. I'm just being polite.

I only made my opinion known, then I'm being polite and replying to people. So it's people talking about it at length, not me. I'm just being polite.
    I think someone has hacked your account Tony, your last seven or eight posts are alarmingly lacking in capital letters

Should have booted the ball into THE BIG SCREEN in my opinion

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    2021-02-24-bournemouth-cardiff.jpg

can clearly see the game of two halves there.
    when we were on top we were excellent though.
    we didn't register a shot after the subs came on, but were able to cling on
    I think the phrase 'cling on' is being less than fair to the team. Despite the constant attacking posture of Bournemouth they didn't actually threaten that much. I thought the defence was quite comfortable. Bournemouth were flattering themselves and I don't think the players were really that motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think the phrase 'cling on' is being less than fair to the team. Despite the constant attacking posture of Bournemouth they didn't actually threaten that much. I thought the defence was quite comfortable. Bournemouth were flattering themselves and I don't think the players were really that motivated.
    I think there was a period mid way through the second half where we were clinging o a bit, but the last 10-15 minutes were pretty comfortable i agree. Once we started taking the ball into the corners etc it stopped them building any momentum.