+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: And so it goes on ( Sala )

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: And so it goes on ( Sala )

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I know it will sound cold but I really don't get the comments about the family being poor and itb is City's fault. Why is it? they may have inherited more if the fee had been paid and he had died some time in the future but if he hadn't taken steps to provide for his family anyway why should that burden fall to CCFC?
    I beleive the club agrred to set up some kind of tust and I think that is now going ahead after the removal of some obstructive lawyers, but that was the club being supportive.
    I cannot see there is any legal obligation to give the family anything. Any insurance policy will be paid out once the matter is settled. In the mean time they are no worse off than they were.
    I get the emotional thing and it's nice to be nice but I disagrre with people implying we 'must' do something.
    it does sound cold.

International

Re: And so it goes on ( Sala )

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    it does sound cold.
    I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be nasty but even saying it sounds cold would intimate that anythin would be a gesture and not a legal obligation.
    That's the point I'm trying to get at is that whilst it is a good thing to do there is no such obligation.