I've been impressed by Will Vaulks before in interviews and he's very good again in this one. However, I'm going to try and put an alternative point of view which I would say most would have agreed with on here about six weeks ago.

There's no doubt that City are playing much better than they have done at any time this season in recent matches. For example, we beat Luton 4-0 in late November, but Saturday's performance was a much more complete one than that.

Going back to the start of the season, I felt that, with the introduction of Moore and Wilson to our attacking play (Ojo has been a better player than I was expecting as well), our squad was stronger than last season's and I felt the same way through the first half of the season despite the loss of Lee Tomlin, but results were, clearly, saying that we weren't.

As to why this should be, it seemed to me that Moore was too often isolated, Wilson and Ojo were barely getting a kick in the early stages of matches (this was one of the reasons why we kept on conceding the first goal so often) and the fact that both of them spent most of their time stuck out on the wings didn't help. However, at the root of it was that we were unable or unwilling to pass the ball to the players who could be called our match winners.

In his interview, Will Vaulks says that Mick McCarthy made a joke about how it was a good job that he was so good about getting the ball back given the number of times he gives it away, but the truth is that Vaulks and his midfield colleagues were giving the ball away far too often in the first half of the season.

Perhaps it's the fact that Wilson, Ojo and a rejuvenated Josh Murphy are playing more centrally now that our counter productive obsession with playing two wingers has ended, that has enabled Vaulks and his colleagues to bring them into the game more often, but, whatever it is, it's working.

Even Warnockball at it's most basic can be enjoyable if it's your side that is doing the winning, but I've always said that it's got nothing to recommend it when you're not and, although Neil Harris tried to get us to play a more modern way, that still applied to the team when he was in charge. Things are going well for now and the team can hardly be blamed for the fact that we've not yet played the sort of team that was outplaying us easily during Neil Harris' latter days at the club, but the question has to be asked, can out improved be maintained when we start playing the Swanseas and Brentfords again - our win at Watford stands out like a beacon at the moment, because, apart from a home draw with Bournemouth, it's the only points we've taken off the current top six in seven attempts.

I've always said about our four central midfielders that, individually they're all decent to good Championship players, but, as a unit, they're too samey - the last few games suggest that is an unfair verdict, but I certainly don't believe it has been disproven yet.

Finally, City have played in the way that currently identifies us for nearly ten years and for most of that time, we've not had the sort of quality in the team that Will Vaulks talks of, so we've had to watch a fair bit of dross in the last decade to go with the joy of the two promotions (which were both followed by an instant relegation) - it's no wonder people were calling for a different way of playing a few short weeks ago.