+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: “Let’s face it, we are horrible to play against,” Will Vaulks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: “Let’s face it, we are horrible to play against,” Will Vaulks

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    What style of football is enjoyable to watch when your team isn't winning?
    None, the result is all that matters

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    None, the result is all that matters
    So what you're saying then is that Will Vaulks is wrong and the way we play will be crap, like everyone was saying it was six weeks ago, again when and if we start losing?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So what you're saying then is that Will Vaulks is wrong and the way we play will be crap, like everyone was saying it was six weeks ago, again when and if we start losing?
    Our style of play hasn't changed a great deal since six weeks ago, but the quality of the performances has significantly improved.

Personally, I'd rather watch the team that I support play high-quality direct football than low-quality tiki-taka.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Our style of play hasn't changed a great deal since six weeks ago, but the quality of the performances has significantly improved.

Personally, I'd rather watch the team that I support play high-quality direct football than low-quality tiki-taka.
    Fair points, although I’d say the changes to the formation we play has had beneficial effects on both our style and performance.

You also allude to a problem which makes a proper discussion about City’s “identity” difficult because, from my point of view, I too often fall into labelling the way we play things like Stone Age and prehistoric and don’t notice the good football we often play in the final third, but p, on the other hand, there’s a tendency to see any attempt to play in a more modern way as “tippy tappy” or tiki taka. Speaking for myself, I wouldn’t want us to consider changing to tiki taka, but I do want our midfield to be better and more creative in possession than they have been for most of this season. Look at what happened as soon as our possession stats started to go over fifty per cent - our lack of creativity and passing inadequacies in midfield were exposed. What I would like to see is a team that can retain the good things about the way we play while being able to change what I suspect is the current mind set of many of our opponents who feel Cardiff won’t hurt us much with sixty per cent possession if we don’t give them any set pieces.