+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Stan and Ollie

  1. #1

    Stan and Ollie

    Watched it for the 1st time last night. Absolutely brilliant. Reilly and Coogan had them off to a tee.
    Quite sad in parts as well.
    Donít think iíve ever met anyone, of any age, that didnít find them funny.

  2. #2

    Re: Stan and Ollie

    I took my dad to see this when the film came out three years ago. So pleased that I did. Dad had seen them live in the 50’s in Birmingham so it may well have been the tour that this film refers to. He said they were terrible. He was a big fan and he was sad that they were well past their best. We both really enjoyed the film.

    My dad passed away last February.

  3. #3

    Re: Stan and Ollie

    I watched it on Friday night. Enjoyable film. I used to love watching them on TV when I was a kid.

  4. #4

    Re: Stan and Ollie

    Haven't seen it but saw it was on.

    They were my late dad's favourites too, along with the Marx Brothers.

    Charlie Chaplin had nothing on L&H for me.

    Classic comedy.

  5. #5
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    9,971

    Re: Stan and Ollie

    Apparently being interviewed once Stan Lauel was asked if it was true that when they got paid for a film that he got 60% and Hardy only got 40%.
    He said it was and when asked why his reply was, "Because he's stupid."

  6. #6

    Re: Stan and Ollie

    Out of that era, I thought The Marx Brothers we’re head and shoulders above the rest with Groucho being the top dog.

  7. #7

    Re: Stan and Ollie

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I took my dad to see this when the film came out three years ago. So pleased that I did. Dad had seen them live in the 50’s in Birmingham so it may well have been the tour that this film refers to. He said they were terrible. He was a big fan and he was sad that they were well past their best. We both really enjoyed the film.

    My dad passed away last February.
    Sorry for your loss,but i bet the film brought back happy memories.

  8. #8

    Re: Stan and Ollie

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Out of that era, I thought The Marx Brothers weíre head and shoulders above the rest with Groucho being the top dog.
    Oh yeah , completely off the wall humour

    Like The Odd Couple , Walter Mattaue was a funny bloke

  9. #9

    Re: Stan and Ollie

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Out of that era, I thought The Marx Brothers we’re head and shoulders above the rest with Groucho being the top dog.
    "One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas I'll never know"

  10. #10

    Re: Stan and Ollie

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    "One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas I'll never know"
    “I could dance with you until the cows come home”.......”Second thoughts, I’ll dance with the cows until you come home”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •