+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Delivery Drivers-Amazon-Argos etc

Delivery Drivers-Amazon-Argos etc

When making said delivery, why don't you belt the shit out of my door and ring the bell at least 6 times, then proceed to not close the porch door properly-ever!

I know that these guys are up against it, gig economy, long hours etc, and they have my sympathy-But **** me, is it part of the interview process that a door has to be banged within an inch of it's life? It's just me, isn't it?

Re: Delivery Drivers-Amazon-Argos etc

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    When making said delivery, why don't you belt the shit out of my door and ring the bell at least 6 times, then proceed to not close the porch door properly-ever!

I know that these guys are up against it, gig economy, long hours etc, and they have my sympathy-But **** me, is it part of the interview process that a door has to be banged within an inch of it's life? It's just me, isn't it?
    On the other hand, I probably missed a quiet knock on my front door by an Amazon delivery driver only to stumble over a soaking cardboard box on my doorstep that had been there overnight and which contained books. And bear in mind that they could do without the consequences of the parcels being stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    On the other hand, I probably missed a quiet knock on my front door by an Amazon delivery driver only to stumble over a soaking cardboard box on my doorstep that had been there overnight and which contained books. And bear in mind that they could do without the consequences of the parcels being stolen.
    That's a shitter, although i suppose that these boys and girls are desperate to make the delivery as i'm sure that they only get paid for the drop. There's this Argos bloke in North Cardiff that must've been a drummer at some point, the job he does on my door actually makes me jump

International

THey'd probably rather knock your door down than waste their precious time trying to give it to a neighbour or worse still having to call back and put themselves out of sequence.

On the subject of amazon deliveries my wife only fairly recently discovered the pleasure of on line shopping and being able to send things back (all new to her for a particular reason) and it seemed like there was an amazon man knockin on our door every day.
    I made a joke of it in the pub one day saying the amazon man knocked and when I opened the door he said he didn't have anything for us. When I asked him why he'd knocked he said "Force of habit!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post

Couldn't you add an instruction "Leave goods under bath in front garden"?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Couldn't you add an instruction "Leave goods under bath in front garden"?
    He's like Animal from the muppet show. The KFC bloke (for my son) bangs on the window, just two hard thumps. I reckon that they're targeting me

My mrs once had a box marked 'fragile' thrown over our side fence and it was found in the fish pond.

The guy who normally delivers our Amazon package has now started to open the porch door and then the inside front door and put it on the floor in our hallway our porch doesnt seem good enough for him

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    My mrs once had a box marked 'fragile' thrown over our side fence and it was found in the fish pond.
    sorry